Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 23:05   #136
BHPian

Re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
I paid 1800 + 100 as tips, I was looking for a low cost solution which I could try include in a monthly routine if possible.

My earlier experience was around 4k which is a bit expensive if you fancy chances for a monthly treat.

Quite frankly I could not find the difference service between the current and he earlier 4k version.

The service included interior dry clean + exterior cleaning. How much is 3M by the way ?

Thanks - ML
For the Vento they charged me 990 for washing, Interior Vaccum and a layer of Wax.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
ML, AFAIK stock spark plugs on RS are iridium. And IIRC, the iridium plugs should be a little more costly and hence the question. Do you have the old spark plugs with you?

Cheers,
Ardy
Stock plugs and skoda recommended are NGK platinum. My little research over internet told me there is no big difference in price for iridium but am not sure of prices with these guys

http://www.redroosterperformance.com...carmodel_id=25

Quote:
Interiors cleaned - carpets and seats
Attachment 1171636
And I thought my seats were dirty. car overall is looking Fab. Couldn't help but notice, where is the carbon fibre dash trim ? And like mine, the ashtay closing lid is missing there. Don't even bother sourcing, mahavir skoda quoted 28k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifoso View Post

any specific reason why you didn't consider the newly opened 3M Car Care outlet in Gurgaon?

Thanks!
Quote:

How much is 3M by the way ?

Thanks - ML
Here's my experience with seats. When i took the delivery of the car, i went to 3M btm layout, bangalore and their thread is raved and rated 5 * on team-bhp. It cost me ~1700 for the interiors but result was only 15% at best which was as promised prior to starting the job. During my recent trip to New Mars, the chap cleaned the seats for 1000 and result is almost 90%. The only fly is that he spilled some oil in the rear seat which will be attended in my next visit. Even Ardy has his seats clean there he said and his seats are very clean.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:07   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Stock plugs and skoda recommended are NGK platinum. My little research over internet told me there is no big difference in price for iridium but am not sure of prices with these guys
As they say - the plot thickens

Now the box does say NGK - but no specific markings saying its of the iridium grade. It does say it is shared between VW, Audi and skoda. Given its a custom packing for VAG it is plausible that they may have chosen to omit the labelling.

Quote:
Couldn't help but notice, where is the carbon fibre dash trim ? And like mine, the ashtay closing lid is missing there. Don't even bother sourcing.
Mate mine was missing from day one ( have the broken one with me), but here is a cheaper alternative to your problem, I have not tried it myself, but here goes -

Part number - 1U2857962B01C - email the guys for a VRS carbon fiber version.

http://www.skodaparts.com/product-finder

It should work out a lot cheaper.

Thanks - ML
Old 4th December 2013, 16:07   #139
BHPian

Hi Deepak,
Belated wishes on remap, and thanks for helpful review on DV, keep sharing your further experiences with it.

I am graduating to be an RS owner, I drove around 2K Kms now, and my RS is at 75K.

I have learnt that you have replaced brake pads twice, how different are they both and what benefits did they add.

How is clutch doing with remap, does pete's recommend upgrades to it?

Thanks in Advance,
Naveen.KK
Old 5th December 2013, 12:15   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Hi Deepak,
Belated wishes on remap, and thanks for helpful review on DV, keep sharing your further experiences with it.

I am graduating to be an RS owner, I drove around 2K Kms now, and my RS is at 75K.

I have learnt that you have replaced brake pads twice, how different are they both and what benefits did they add.

How is clutch doing with remap, does pete's recommend upgrades to it?

Thanks in Advance,
Naveen.KK
Thanks Naveen. Welcome to the VRS club and wish you happy motoring with it.

Let me first talk about the brake pads, this was a bit of daft move on my part ( only for the front set).

I was thinking of changing all 4 discs of mine at around 65k, my mechanic ( independent garage) advised me that we should change the rear ones as the front can be re-skimmed and used again, but change the pads for all four, this was fine but I never felt the confidence of good braking. At around 73-74k when I went in for the remap I decided to get the new discs in the car for the front set immediately, simply because of the enhanced power and acceleration, now what skoda chaps told me was when you change brake pads without replacing the discs it eats away your brake pads quicker, did not want to risk it, and decided to change pads with it.

I also performed some preventive maintenance along with it, like replacing coil packs, ignition plugs , suspension re-calibration and vacuum hose.

I am on stock clutch, I know a fellow VRS owner running a stage 2 car with a stock clutch for over 50k, besides I changed mine at around the 63-64k mark, will continue with it.

Cleaning routine

1. I am following a 5k mark to clean my air filter, I am using green cotton. I drive in dusty Gurgaon conditions this helps the car breath better. Due at 78k now.

2. I do indulge in discretionary external detailing though not mandated.

3. I also get an air cleaning done of the engine bay every 5k, it accumulates too much dust. Again not mandated.

Next steps on the preventive maintenance horizon, i intend to change the following

1. Water pump around the 80k mark. Skoda recommended.
2. Timing belt around the 90 k mark. My first timing belt was changed at 45k. I do not want to risk driving beyond 45k.
3. I am going to be replacing a few more hoses at the 80k mark part # 06A103213f, 06A103247, 06A103221BK ( fueling breather hoses)
4. Change the Spare tire. Too old now.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best ML.

Last edited by Motoringlover : 5th December 2013 at 12:16.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 12:29   #141
BHPian

Quote:
The only fly is that he spilled some oil in the rear seat which will be attended in my next visit. Even Ardy has his seats clean there he said and his seats are very clean.
The best and the most effective way to get rid of oil stains is to put lots of talcum powder on the stains and leave it on overnight. In most cases the oil stain will disappear a 100 % in the first night itself.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:15   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am on stock clutch, I know a fellow VRS owner running a stage 2 car with a stock clutch for over 50k, besides I changed mine at around the 63-64k mark, will continue with it.

1. Water pump around the 80k mark. Skoda recommended.
2. Timing belt around the 90 k mark. My first timing belt was changed at 45k. I do not want to risk driving beyond 45k.
3. I am going to be replacing a few more hoses at the 80k mark part # 06A103213f, 06A103247, 06A103221BK ( fueling breather hoses)
4. Change the Spare tire. Too old now.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best ML.
A clutch can last upto 60000 it all depends on how smooth you are.

If clutch wears out around 30000km, you might not need to change the flywheel also. At 50k, it is best to do both

Timing belt - change it at 45K, the heat, the dust, and the dynamic loading means the life of a belt over here is less.

Waterpump - change it when doing timing belt. The impellor is plastic and can break

Brakes - my rear pads wore faster than the front reason being the rear disk ares not used as much resulting in light surface corrosion which wears the pads faster.
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:27   #143
BHPian

Rubber Part Replacements.

Team - I wanted to share an update on the rubber parts which were replaced as part of preventive maintenance. Please find pictures attached for your ready reference.

06A-103-221-BH - Breather Vacuum Hose

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-06a103221bh-breather-vacuum-hose.jpg

06A-103-247 - Hose Connector.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-photo-2.jpg

Part Number Not available - I will update later.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-photo-3.jpg

06A-103-213-BG - Ventilation Pipe.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-photo-4.jpg

06A-103-221-BK Vent Hose.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-photo-5.jpg

Spare tire replaced. No Picture avaialble.

Next Changes -

1. Timing Belt Kit - Currently on order with Skoda.
2. Have been asked to delay the water pump will replace it at 85K.

Please let me know if you have specific questions. All part replacements done at Skoda A** Giriraj - Gurgaon.

Thanks - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 3rd January 2014 at 08:41. Reason: Additional info
Motoringlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:25   #144
v&v
Senior - BHPian

ML just a suggestion don't wait till 85k for water pump change. Do it along with TB change. Procedure is same as for changing TB or Water pump. So do it simultaneously. You will save on labour cost.
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:24   #145
BHPian

Thanks for the Update ML, with your feedback I have changed my Clutch with DMF at NM. I am so happy with the change.

How much did it cost approximately to replace listed rubbers?
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:33   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Thanks for the Update ML, with your feedback I have changed my Clutch with DMF at NM. I am so happy with the change.

How much did it cost approximately to replace listed rubbers?
The bill for the rubber parts was an expensive one, I don't have the exact invoice with me, but approx was 18k, which includes labour charges too.

Best - ML
Old 20th January 2014, 12:45   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Waterpump - change it when doing timing belt. The impellor is plastic and can break
Any idea what make is the OE timing belt kit ?

Quote:

Just before the final step.

Attachment 1171630

MotoringLover, Is this the picture of you wheels after you got them cleaned ?

Last edited by blackbeast : 20th January 2014 at 12:52.
Old 21st January 2014, 14:59   #148
BHPian

Quote:
MotoringLover, Is this the picture of you wheels after you got them cleaned ?
Yes it is, I was earlier contemplating getting the wheels painted, but the results after a wash are equally acceptable.

Best - ML.
Old 23rd February 2014, 23:09   #149
BHPian

79K update & query.

Its been a while i updated the ownership thread, RS crossed 79K km's in ownership, the car has moved to a second car status given i have another car to do the running around during the weekdays, i enjoy the RS in the weekends.

Continues to be great car for all practical purposes, FE has marginally dropped need to check the air filter again, its been about 6K KM's that i have not cleaned it, general question to members, how often do you clean yours ?

Need to get a squeak coming from the boot looked at too.

Thanks - ML
Old 20th March 2014, 16:13   #150
BHPian

Service Update - ODO Reading 79K+

Team - RS went for another expensive service, i have outlined the major details for your ready reference.

1. Timing Belt Changed - this is my second timing belt, first one was changed at 45K, I have changed my second timing belt early considering the car is now remapped.

2. Water Pump changed - This is the first time this has been changed.

3. Fan belt tensioner - This was advised to be as something that needs attention and hence was changed.

4. Air Filter cleaning.

5. Battery Cover had gone missing in one of the services, same has been updated.

6. Mobil1 + Oil Filter.

Please let me know if you have questions, I will upload the invoice shortly.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks