Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 16:16   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Finally Remapped - Custom Code - Petes - Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Overall First impressions - Car is lot more drivable, turbo lag has reduced a bit especially in the low end, impressive pull in the mid and high range of the power band. Overall improved performance across the range.

Arush from Autopsyche helped with the facilities and Vinu from Petes was available for loading the maps, I also got an opportunity to speak to man himself - Super impressed with the support levels from Pete and infrastructure at Arush's.
Deepak, congrats in this mandatory step of making an already fast car turn totally brutal in terms of accelaration and overall driving capability.

However, in your first impression i was expecting a lot of gushing which I didnt note, are you not happy with a 40bhp remap? If not, its time to think of the Stage 2 from now onwards

I strongly urge you to go with the Millitek and also the Bilstein B6 installation to make it a complete mad car.

Till then enjoy these new mods.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 17:35   #107
BHPian

Re: Finally Remapped - Custom Code - Petes - Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Deepak, congrats in this mandatory step of making an already fast car turn totally brutal in terms of accelaration and overall driving capability.

However, in your first impression i was expecting a lot of gushing which I didnt note, are you not happy with a 40bhp remap? If not, its time to think of the Stage 2 from now onwards
Thanks Avinash - Well i am trying to control the excitement a bit here, but i guess this post is going to give it away, its a lot of fun, I don't want to go suspension upgrade in this car, it already feels pretty planted any more stiff will be diffcult to manage as it is my daily drive.

Women in the house are not going to appreciate it, in a way, i am glad i did not get the upgraded exhaust, saves the money and also was not sure how it would be driving to work in it.

When the Cruze getting an upgrade ? I drove a remapped Jetta sometime back, that was a league apart.

Best - ML
Old 10th October 2013, 18:03   #108
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Deepak. Does wheel spin happens on 1st gear on hard acceleration.

Do give e feedback on performance gain on fifth gear. What's the max out after remap.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 18:16   #109
BHPian

re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats Deepak. Does wheel spin happens on 1st gear on hard acceleration.

Do give e feedback on performance gain on fifth gear. What's the max out after remap.
Thanks Vinod - The remap makes the car a lot more drivable, no wheel spin at all in normal driving, maximum power gains are in mid and high, i have not had extensive feedback at what range does it taper off. I will keep you posted of it.

You can feel the pull of the engine in all gears, 1st and 2nd just have become a bit more responsive. I never had an issue even in stock, this just makes it more drivable.

One more observation, in stock you would feel the turbo kick in at around 2200 clicks, now the same feel is at around 1800.

Its surprising, how an ecu remap transforms the car, Vinod, its a great bang for the buck, think about it. If you want to drive mine, give me a call next time you are in gurgaon.

Best - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 10th October 2013 at 18:26. Reason: Additional information.
Old 27th October 2013, 18:27   #110
BHPian

Re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Remap process in progress - Photo Credit - Arush - Thanks for sending me the pictures.

Name:  image_1.png
Views: 2318
Size:  353.8 KB

More Details

Name:  image.png
Views: 2355
Size:  302.5 KB

The remap process involves - The stock map downloaded and sent to Pete and subsequently receiving the mod file received and uploaded into the car by Arush. In my case the process was managed by Pete's guy Vinu.

Please let me know if you have specific questions.

Best - Motoringlover
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 20:22   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remap process in progress - Photo Credit - Arush - Thanks for sending me the pictures.

The remap process involves - The stock map downloaded and sent to Pete and subsequently receiving the mod file received and uploaded into the car by Arush. In my case the process was managed by Pete's guy Vinu.

Best - Motoringlover
Congrats @Motoringlover. How much time and money did the remap cost you? And how is the effect on the FE and driving, now that you have it for more than 2 weeks?
Old 27th October 2013, 22:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Congrats @Motoringlover. How much time and money did the remap cost you? And how is the effect on the FE and driving, now that you have it for more than 2 weeks?
Thanks Venu Saab.

Remap costs 38k, blow off valve 18k - all approx estimates. Ignition coils 10k (part of preventive maintenance)

The remap process was suppose to be a few hours, but could not co-ordinate with Arush so left the car overnight with him, got the car next day, Vinu from Pete's remapped it in 45 mins flat.

I used to run the car on 93 octane when stock, but now have moved to 97, it is significantly more expensive but overall engine smoothness, throttle response have improved extensively. My driving now returns about 10-11 on a full tank basis, with 97 octane another change I feel is that, the car feels more stock like to drive, even with the mod.

Overall very pleased with the end result. I am contemplating blistiens now.

Thanks.
Old 29th October 2013, 09:27   #113
BHPian

FE Observations

Further to Venu Saab's questions -

I have been keeping an keen eye on the FE bit, now interesting changes based on MID reading.

City driving with about 40% of the time in almost stop and go type environment [Gurgaon to Karol Bagh - Via Dhaula Kuan for Delhi residents] in peek traffic has returned an improved FE post the remap, this may be attributed to the turbo spool feel coming in early at around 1800 clicks, i was expecting an overall drop in FE after remap, this has been a pleasant surprise - with an improved driving feel.

I would normally see the average reading pre-remap in the region of 9.5l/100 [With 93 Octane] now i am surprised sometimes to see 8.1, and even 7.8L/100 [97 Octane] which is a pleasant surprise in traffic.

Enthusiastic driving the exact opposite is also true, I would still get about 12-13L/100 [With 93 Octane] now it goes to even 15.5L/100 [97 Octane], which is inline with expectations.

Overall she has transformed, the Mid and High revvs is where the fun is. Thanks for tolerating my rant.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Best - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 29th October 2013 at 09:28. Reason: Octane rating specifications.
Old 29th October 2013, 12:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Best - Motoringlover
Great work, Please share Dyno readings.
I am surprised to see you are still tracking FE
Old 29th October 2013, 17:42   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FE Observations

Congratulations on the upgrade. I've got the stage 1 remap done for my Laura TSI as well. I've gone for Bilstein B6's as well. They're pricey, but feel they're well worth it. The best thing is that they've improved the handling, without ruining the ride quality.

Quote:

I would normally see the average reading pre-remap in the region of 9.5l/100 [With 93 Octane] now i am surprised sometimes to see 8.1, and even 7.8L/100 [97 Octane] which is a pleasant surprise in traffic.

Enthusiastic driving the exact opposite is also true, I would still get about 12-13L/100 [With 93 Octane] now it goes to even 15.5L/100 [97 Octane], which is inline with expectations.
I think you mean 91 octane as 93 octane is not available now. All pumps now dispense 91 octane. Speed 97 from BP is the only one with a higher rating of 97.

Before remap I could not feel any difference between 91 and 97. But post remap, my car is now starting to develop a special liking for the 97 stuff. The problem is, its only available in Bangalore. When I go out of town, I have to switch back to regular fuel. In the process the ECU unlearns all the good things that speed 97 has taught it.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Great work, Please share Dyno readings. I am surprised to see you are still tracking FE
Sameer - no dyno in Delhi. FE is always close to ones heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I think you mean 91 octane as 93 octane is not available now. All pumps now dispense 91 octane. Speed 97 from BP is the only one with a higher rating of 97. Before remap I could not feel any difference between 91 and 97. But post remap, my car is now starting to develop a special liking for the 97 stuff. The problem is, its only available in Bangalore. When I go out of town, I have to switch back to regular fuel. In the process the ECU unlearns all the good things that speed 97 has taught it.
We get octane 93 (along with 91 ) a few rupees more expensive than 91 octane, in a few IOC ( not sure of others ) pumps in Delhi, but 97 octane I only know of one and is major pain just to get 97, from my home it's approx 15kms of drive.

I have the same problem as yours, my car also like the 97 better than 93. I have not yet tried 91 with the remap.

Thanks - ML
Old 30th October 2013, 22:51   #117
BHPian

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image2057020751.jpg

A more recent update, translates to about 13.6 kmpl on a recent drive from Gurgaon to Delhi.

Best - ML
Old 31st October 2013, 10:26   #118
BHPian

Turbo smart BOV - finally ready for install.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image359888275.jpg

Compact packing and is straight fit install.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image180893353.jpg

BOV itself.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image2303483308.jpg

Overall immediate impressions, I have not see any change in the way car drives, but creates a whole lot of drama with the hush sound.

I will share an update after I settle down with this mod.

Thanks - please let me know if you have questions.

Best - ML
Old 31st October 2013, 10:39   #119
v&v
Senior - BHPian

ML Congrats, Was there any specific reason to change the BOV ?
Whats the difference from stock one ?

cheers
Old 31st October 2013, 10:43   #120
BHPian

Quote:
A more recent update, translates to about 13.6 kmpl on a recent drive from Gurgaon to Delhi.

Best - ML
at what speed you are driving Precious these days to get 13.6 kmpl? Let me know results of BOV upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks