Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:54   #121
BHPian

Re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
ML Congrats, Was there any specific reason to change the BOV ?
Whats the difference from stock one ?

cheers
Well Vinod - To be honest, I have not been able to make out the difference, in theory it is suppose to be more effective in holding the boost.

I found this in Wikipedia about BOV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
at what speed you are driving Precious these days to get 13.6 kmpl? Let me know results of BOV upgrade.
Sameer - in the last drive I managed an Average fuel consumption in the range of 6.2L/100 - translates to about 16.1Kmpl, not that I was driving slow, I set the cruise control at 80kmph and it was 6:30 in the morning, the ambient temperature was a big help.

BOV not much difference to be honest, can't make out if it adds value to performance at all.

Best - ML
Old 8th November 2013, 09:48   #122
BHPian

Running Repair - Brake Pads, Discs and others

Team - RS went for a change of the essentials.

1. Packing cover - aka valve cover gasket.
2. Oil Dipstick - I broke the older one while checking oil once.
3. Sparg Plug - I wanted to change this while changing the ignition coils, this was not in stock, this was not required to be changed, i do not recall changing this and hence went ahead with the change.
4. Brake Pads - Front
5. Ventilated Brake Discs - Front.

While doing the work was recommended to change Vacuum pipe , part of the preventive maintenance the part is on order.

Attaching the bill for reference. Please let me know if you have specific questions.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-skoda-running-repair-nov-2013.jpg

Thanks - ML
Old 9th November 2013, 07:12   #123
BHPian

Great going, ML.

A quick question on the latest service. What spark plugs have been used as replacements? Aren't they Iridium plugs?

Also, can you post the picture of ventilated discs?

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 9th November 2013, 07:36   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Great going, ML. A quick question on the latest service. What spark plugs have been used as replacements? Aren't they Iridium plugs? Also, can you post the picture of ventilated discs? Cheers, Ardy
Hi Ardy - Spoke to Vinu from Petes on this - he recommends all stock ignition coils and stock spark plugs up until stage 2, I will share the picture shortly.

Thanks - ML
Old 9th November 2013, 07:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi Ardy - Spoke to Vinu from Petes on this - he recommends all stock ignition coils and stock spark plugs up until stage 2, I will share the picture shortly.

Thanks - ML
ML, AFAIK stock spark plugs on RS are iridium. And IIRC, the iridium plugs should be a little more costly and hence the question. Do you have the old spark plugs with you?

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 9th November 2013, 09:04   #126
BHPian

Quote:
ML, AFAIK stock spark plugs on RS are iridium. And IIRC, the iridium plugs should be a little more costly and hence the question. Do you have the old spark plugs with you? Cheers, Ardy
Mate have the older plugs and the 3 working coil packs. Will upload picture of them too.

Thanks - ML
Old 14th November 2013, 16:55   #127
BHPian

Quote:
ML, AFAIK stock spark plugs on RS are iridium. And IIRC, the iridium plugs should be a little more costly and hence the question. Do you have the old spark plugs with you?

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy - Here you go with the pics - sorry this update comes late.

Spark Plugs - Old.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-older-spark-plugs.jpeg

New Spark plug box - don't have the pictures.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-new-spark-plug-box.jpeg

Older Discs

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-older-discs.jpeg

New Front Discs

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-left-disc-new.jpeg My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-right-disc-new.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 20:30   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Ardy - Here you go with the pics - sorry this update comes late.

Thanks - ML
Thanks, ML.

These are conventional spark plugs. I will have to go back and check if I have Iridium spark plugs installed on mine. IIRC, I have iridium, but these pictures have cast doubt in my mind. I remember paying around 500 odd for each, which is what an iridium plug would cost.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 14th November 2013, 21:15   #129
Senior - BHPian

Can Iridium spark plugs be installed on other cars also? I need to change my Fiesta's spark plugs in its next service,which is next year, hence my question. Will they yield any improvement? If so, where?

OT: @ML--you standard 'please let me know if you have any questions' is missing in your post #126.
Old 15th November 2013, 08:55   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can Iridium spark plugs be installed on other cars also? I need to change my Fiesta's spark plugs in its next service,which is next year, hence my question. Will they yield any improvement? If so, where? OT: @ML--you standard 'please let me know if you have any questions' is missing in your post #126.
Venu Saab - Iridium plugs are high performance spark plugs for setups needing the same, my advice would be to stick to regular once, unless you are going for changes in the cars setup.

I never knew any one would pay attention to "please let me know if you have any questions"

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 01:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Venu Saab - Iridium plugs are high performance spark plugs for setups needing the same, my advice would be to stick to regular once, unless you are going for changes in the cars setup.

I never knew any one would pay attention to "please let me know if you have any questions"

Best - ML
Can you elaborate a little more on the part that only high performance setups would need them? I ask this because, I need to understand the gains in case of a stock Fiesta setup, a Fiesta with FFE, and a Fiesta with FFE and K&N Air intakes. How would the iridium plugs help in the above three cases?
Old 24th November 2013, 04:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Can you elaborate a little more on the part that only high performance setups would need them? I ask this because, I need to understand the gains in case of a stock Fiesta setup, a Fiesta with FFE, and a Fiesta with FFE and K&N Air intakes. How would the iridium plugs help in the above three cases?
My advice in the earlier post was based on the idea if you get incremental ( measurable )gain for the incremental investment which you would need to measure over the life of your plugs, I know Vnabhii's car - bone stock and is in great shape. That said I also had a conversation with Petes especially after I remapped my car, the feedback I got was simple - your car does not have that extensive a modifications in the current state - I am running a stage 1 tune and have a after market BOV installed and a green cotton air filter.

I also did preliminary research on the same attached for your reference -

Attached http://spark-plugs.co.uk/index.php/c...ntents.iridium

Again it does not sound that you are making that extensive changes to your fiesta sounds like bolt on, I don't know fiestas to be making a recommendation, your tuner should be able to make a recommendation on the changes your are targeting for. Good luck

ML
Old 26th November 2013, 23:02   #133
BHPian

Love and care -

Spent the day detailing the car, some shots for your ready reference. Cleaning at bright wheels - DLF Phase - 2.

Getting the alloys cleaned.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image1831009887.jpg

Interiors cleaned - carpets and seats

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image2842039048.jpg

Just before the final step.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image3782301522.jpg

Almost done.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image1073294731.jpg

Back home.

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-image3792657225.jpg

Best - ML.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 18:57   #134

Quote:
Love and care -

Spent the day detailing the car, some shots for your ready reference. Cleaning at bright wheels - DLF Phase - 2.
That's a nicely done Job! May i check how much did this set you back by? Also, any specific reason why you didn't consider the newly opened 3M Car Care outlet in Gurgaon?

Thanks!
Old 27th November 2013, 21:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifoso View Post
That's a nicely done Job! May i check how much did this set you back by? Also, any specific reason why you didn't consider the newly opened 3M Car Care outlet in Gurgaon? Thanks!

I paid 1800 + 100 as tips, I was looking for a low cost solution which I could try include in a monthly routine if possible.

My earlier experience was around 4k which is a bit expensive if you fancy chances for a monthly treat.

Quite frankly I could not find the difference service between the current and he earlier 4k version.

The service included interior dry clean + exterior cleaning. How much is 3M by the way ?

Thanks - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 27th November 2013 at 22:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks