Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 15:46   #61
BHPian

re: My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Claim form/ Survey charges aprox Rs 2000/-
Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't remember paying survey charges to any insurance company. May be it's a hidden cost. But it's not easy to hide Rs.2000. Is it reasonable for the insurance company to charge so much for few A4 size papers and a survey of the damage?
Old 19th October 2013, 21:59   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't remember paying survey charges to any insurance company. May be it's a hidden cost. But it's not easy to hide Rs.2000. Is it reasonable for the insurance company to charge so much for few A4 size papers and a survey of the damage?
These charges are called compulsory claim excess.

Compulsory claim excess is the amount that is supposed to be paid to the insurance company before making any insurance claim
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 15:19   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Fortuner getting a much deserved exterior detailing & here are some WIP pics;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-img_5436.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-img_5437.jpg
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 17:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fortuner getting a much deserved exterior detailing...
Nice to see this !
Bullet points of the all the work done and the total cost would help.
Old 14th November 2013, 22:10   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Nice to see this !
Bullet points of the all the work done and the total cost would help.
Hey Guderian,

The exterior detailing was done by KAMYO detailers.

They provide 3 kinds of services;

1) Exterior detailing
2) Interior detailing
3) Super Detail (Exterior + Interior)

The cost charged for exterior detailing was Rs 5500/-

They started working on the Fortuner at 9:15 am and got done by 2 pm

KAMYO team is managed by Mr Jehangir who himself was present & is the founder of KAMYO. He gives in his best & full commitment till both the customer & himself are satisfied with the work.

Also you can refer to this thread here where KAMYO's work & some case studies have been posted;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...rs-mumbai.html

Last edited by karan561 : 14th November 2013 at 22:15.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 15:41   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

The front number plate had started showing age & had got bent from the side which was indeed spoiling the look;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image2915167784.jpg

The bolts had rusted & needed to be heat treated for them to come off;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image1828656643.jpg

The holder in perfect alignment

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image969140517.jpg

Cost of Number plate : Rs 350
Labor : Rs 50
Holder : Rs 200

Final look : Priceless

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image4177570166.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 15th November 2013 at 15:45.
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 02:53   #67
BHPian

Karan, you seem to be enjoying your FORTUNE-R to the hilt

Saw your detailed review and the off-roading pics too. Its just awesome.

Seems that not only are you a driving junkie, but are a good photographer too.

Great going. Keep it up!!!
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 00:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Karan, you seem to be enjoying your FORTUNE-R to the hilt

Saw your detailed review and the off-roading pics too. Its just awesome.

Seems that not only are you a driving junkie, but are a good photographer too.

Great going. Keep it up!!!
Hey,

Thanks so much for the kind words

Yeah, have managed to squeeze out the best from my Fortuner so far & more to come as well
Old 21st November 2013, 09:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The front number plate had started showing age & had got bent from the side which was indeed spoiling the look...
Hey Karan, Thank you for all the details on the...errr...detailing (!) and the number plate. Was 600 bucks just for one plate and the holder or for the rear plate also included ?
I have a chappie here in Thane who is peddling the embossed number plates (front and rear) but without the plate holder shown by you for 800 buks. Was wondering whether I should get it for Admiral - keeping in mind that his NP is in tatters but also that anytime now we will have to go in for the HSNP as mandated.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 11:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi Karan,

Good number plate replacement there. I like the plate holder, do they come for front and rear? if yes, cost and where have you picked them up?
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 12:09   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hey Karan, Thank you for all the details on the...errr...detailing (!) and the number plate. Was 600 bucks just for one plate and the holder or for the rear plate also included ?
I have a chappie here in Thane who is peddling the embossed number plates (front and rear) but without the plate holder shown by you for 800 buks. Was wondering whether I should get it for Admiral - keeping in mind that his NP is in tatters but also that anytime now we will have to go in for the HSNP as mandated.
A pair of such IND plates cost Rs 700.

Holder cost Rs 200/piece.

Also note i got these delivered to me to my office by the supplier.

Do change the number plates as they totally refresh the cars look

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Karan,

Good number plate replacement there. I like the plate holder, do they come for front and rear? if yes, cost and where have you picked them up?
Thanks Surya,

Yes they do come for the rear as well, & the cost remains Rs 200/piece.

I have a supplier who is Bombay based & supplied to the local shops (who sell the pair for Rs 1000+) & he did job work for UTSAV plates (people who introduced HSNP)
Old 27th November 2013, 14:53   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend had taken the car to Pune for a business trip, heres the log;

Total distance convered: 360 kms
FE: 9.9 km/l

Here's a pic from the trip @ Expressway towards Mumbai

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image802671889.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 12:52   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

The car has crossed 40,000 kms

Will send it for servicing shortly.

PS - Brake booster upgrade on my mind
Old 11th December 2013, 17:08   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

40,000 kms : MAHA SERVICE UPDATE;

Total Work Done;

1) 40k Service (Rs 6k)
2) Brake Discs + Pads change (Rs 21k)
3) Brake Booster Upgrade (Rs 7k)

Total cost: Rs 33,754/-

40k Service included the regular engine oil, oil filter change etc, also this time Differential oil was changed.

The brake discs had reached a 26 mm thickness which is the minimum tolerance level before a change, also the pads had perished where a couple of them had < 1 mm thickness on them, so did not take risk and hence did the change. At aproxx Rs 21,000 (14.5k for Discs + 5.5k for pads) it is kinda pricey IMO. Had also crosschecked the pricing with other dealers before green lighting the change.

Brake booster was upgraded to a more powerful unit from the 2012+ Fortuners. Mine existing was 650 NM force compared to the new one which is rated @ 850 NM

All in all i am expecting about 12 - 15 % increase in braking power which should be a significant & a noticeable upgrade (much needed) in the braking department.

Sharing the bills for reference;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image449505770.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image4286740546.jpg

New Brake Booster

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image2054431976.jpg

Ready to go;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image2041200511.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 11th December 2013 at 17:24.
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 13:32   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

The REAL BRAKE BOOSTER;

It had been about month since the upgrade of Booster, Discs & pads.

Hadn't observed any magical improvement in the braking performance, was waiting for the running in of the the new discs & pads.

In the meanwhile the new discs started squeaking especially when turning in reverse gear. So reported the problem to the ASC and also told them there aint any gain with the new booster, so they told me to bring in the car for inspection.

So the day of the inspection i asked them to cross verify the part no. and got to know that they had installed a new booster (but the old one i.e. as per the chassis code) & gave a reason to me that the upgraded 850 NM was not fitting

To my shock i asked them to take out the fitment instruction leaflet which on further inspection got to know that they hadnt tried putting a spacer / adapter which was required if you wanted to retrofit the 2012 booster on the 2010 models.

Also i had to show them live pics on my phone from Guderians thread where it is put up in detail about the upgrade.

So finally they tried to fit in the REAL BRAKE BOOSTER again;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-2.jpg

And finally it was a perfect fit;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-3.jpg

And also regarding the squeaking brakes i had them give me a brand new brake discs fitted under warranty.

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-1.jpg

Took the trial of the car in the evening before delivery and one touch on the brake was enough for me to understand the difference the REAL BRAKE BOOSTER made. It was really MAGICAL now & the feel of the brakes was sharp & spot on. Finally could feel that there has been a proper upgrade.

Also i thank Harish (Guderian) who was constantly in touch over the phone with me during this mess created by the ASC.

Since then the car has done about 100 kms after the upgrade & really satisfied with the upgrade, hoping that after the running in of the new discs the performance will further >

Also attaching a pic of the old booster which they had fitted, & the only identification to distinguish both the brake boosters is where the arrow is marked;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-image2054431976.jpg

That Metal piece in the new booster is pointing in the upward direction where as in the old (650 nm) is pointing towards the side. This should be of help for other people to distinguish the brake boosters.

Also this entire so called mess / non mature attitude of the ASC / fraud has been reported to the concerned people @ Toyota Western region head, hopefully some strict action will be taken against the people involved.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th January 2014 at 13:40.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks