Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 14:12   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Re: My First Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrBlack View Post
I really want to switch to tubeless, mainly to improve the ride comfort. Will it do so? I've tried to source them in the past but have failed.
Switching to tubeless will make quite a difference to ride quality, a positive one. Check with Saifee, Pal and Premji's for tyres. Besides Michelin, consider Continental or even Dunlop.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 12:59   #1172
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Been an avid reader of the forum, and certainly this thread since we both own the same car! Have had the privilege to own this beast since 2013 and she's in her 7th year now, done 45k kms and is due for a major service.
Welcome aboard .

Quote:
This was the first luxury purchase in our family, EVER!! And we never opted for the BSI package (BIGGEST MISTAKE) but the car has been serviced only at an authorised BMW service centre up until now and eye watering money has been spent over its maintenance.
Really? Your running is as low as mine. 45k is nothing in 7 years. BSI doesn't make sense for you. Care to highlight the major expenses?

Quote:
Where would you get your car fixed/serviced/diagnosed if not an authorised service centre ?
I plan to stick it out with Infinity BMW as far as possible as Sushil is the technical head of their Turbhe workshop. Talk to him first.

If & when it does have to go to an independent in the future, I would trust AKD Automotive (talk to Akshay on 9819917829), Sunil Shanbagh (Dadar) or Ajay Parekh (Walkeshwar).

Quote:
Whats your current take on this ?
Michelin PS4 is the best, but I think you might have to give up the staggered setup. Second option Pirelli (Tanveer was happy with them).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:08   #1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard .

Really? Your running is as low as mine. 45k is nothing in 7 years. BSI doesn't make sense for you. Care to highlight the major expenses?

I plan to stick it out with Infinity BMW as far as possible as Sushil is the technical head of their Turbhe workshop. Talk to him first.

If & when it does have to go to an independent in the future, I would trust AKD Automotive (talk to Akshay on 9819917829), Sunil Shanbagh (Dadar) or Ajay Parekh (Walkeshwar).

Michelin PS4 is the best, but I think you might have to give up the staggered setup. Second option Pirelli (Tanveer was happy with them).

1. Major Expenses - I've had all my wheels and tyres changed at merely 25k kms due to 'bad city road conditions'. This in itself is a major expense of 3L ++. A brand new set of wheels and tyres were installed from Navnit. Apart from standard servicing, both the front control arms have been changed at 35k kms. Engine mounts changed at 35k kms. Front Disc brakes changed at 25k kms.

2. Thank you for your recommendations. I shall get in touch with Sushil first, address my major concerns and will ask for his advice on how to go about it. One of my major issues with the car lies in the front axle currently. I am not sure what it is but every time I take off and land (floor and brake), the car is just not stable anymore. Every time you hit a pothole (which I try my best not to), the steering gives you very bad feedback, I get a bad feeling its a suspension issue

3. I am not as sound with the technicalities of cars as yourself and Tanveer. Is it possible to catch up for a drive one of these days? It would mean a lot if I could get your perspective on what's wrong with the car. I could come to you at your preferable time and place?

4. I personally am in love with the stance of my car! I would never want to give up/downsize the rear tyres. Could you give me an idea of where I could source the Pirelli's from?
WhiteOrBlack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 07:31   #1174
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Major Expenses - I've had all my wheels and tyres changed at merely 25k kms due to 'bad city road conditions'.
Better to get the wheels repaired from a good shop. It's an easy fix as these 18 inchers bend easily on bad roads.

Quote:
Could you give me an idea of where I could source the Pirelli's from?
IIRC, Tanveer got them from Akshay (number shared earlier).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 16:27   #1175

Quote:
Better to get the wheels repaired from a good shop. It's an easy fix as these 18 inchers bend easily on bad roads.

IIRC, Tanveer got them from Akshay (number shared earlier).
A quick update on my car -

Got in touch with Mr.Sushil through your reference, we set up a meeting and I visited the Turbhe workshop. From recommending a Service advisor, to putting me in touch with the best guys for diagnosis and also giving me a personal tour of the entire workshop where he showed some insanely specced M3's, E60 M5's to Lamborghini's to Rolls Royce, this thorough gentleman made me feel like a kid in a candy store!

As my car was diagnosed, we realised the front two wheels were bent and the struts were mildly done. Didn't choose to get much done at the time except for the regular service - Engine oil & Filters replaced

Took the car to Pal Tyres Lamington Road soon after, got the front two wheels done, drove to their Santacruz shop and could already sense a major difference in the ride quality right after the wheels were fixed. Got alignment and balancing done at Santacruz

And the car now drives like a dream!! 80% of my issues with the car seem to be addressed. She's back to being TIGHT on bends & at high speeds. The remaining 20 lies with Non - RFT's and new struts which shall also be taken care of soon enough.

Cant thank you enough for your assistance Mr.GTO. Can truly feel the privileges of being a BHP-ian already!
WhiteOrBlack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:16   #1176
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And the car now drives like a dream!! 80% of my issues with the car seem to be addressed. She's back to being TIGHT on bends & at high speeds. The remaining 20 lies with Non - RFT's and new struts which shall also be taken care of soon enough.

Cant thank you enough for your assistance Mr.GTO. Can truly feel the privileges of being a BHP-ian already!
Happy to help! Yep, Sushil is one of the 3 reasons that I would return to BMW as a repeat customer (the other two being BMW's reliability and their sharp engine + gearbox tuning).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 19:56   #1177
BHPian

I don’t know why do people in this forum keep praising Infinity Turbhe workshop whereas my experience there has been below average always. Their technical knowledge is below par. They couldn’t get a simple wheel alignment done properly, had to send the car four times to fix. On top of that their workshop GM tells me there’s no concept of tyre rotation with BMW, until I showed him the owners manual. So far the only place I’ve had decent experience is BMW Bavaria Pune. It’s not in Mumbai but that’s the place I can trust the car with.
adi58 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 20:16   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
I don’t know why do people in this forum keep praising Infinity Turbhe workshop whereas my experience there has been below average always. Their technical knowledge is below par. They couldn’t get a simple wheel alignment done properly, had to send the car four times to fix. On top of that their workshop GM tells me there’s no concept of tyre rotation with BMW, until I showed him the owners manual.
Honestly, if there's one thing I've learnt is that the dealership experience is all dependent on the service advisor assigned.

I used to loathe audi service until a recent experience when i was pleasantly surprised!
Similarly with Infinity Turbhe, most BHPians seem to go there because BHPian Maverick (Sushil) is part of the team, and they make it a point to go to him only.
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 17:49   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly, if there's one thing I've learnt is that the dealership experience is all dependent on the service advisor assigned.
I disagree, take my recent visit for example, they forgot to attach LED power cable when they worked on the dashboard trim (for rattle). Had to send the car back to them again to get the light fixed. And just take a look at their workmanship quality. Cant expect this from a luxury brand like BMW!

BMW Infinity Turbhe has always been unreliable for me.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_2515.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-screenshot-20200211-5.47.28-pm.png  

Last edited by adi58 : 11th February 2020 at 17:57.
adi58 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:42   #1180
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cute picture - three 530ds in traffic together. Unique, because 520ds outnumber 530ds like 20:1.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20200210-19.22.37.jpg
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 16:40   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cute picture - three 530ds in traffic together. Unique, because 520ds outnumber 530ds like 20:1.
What's also interesting is that the white 530D is from the first year of launch (2010-11), and the blue 530D is from the last year of production (2017).

In fact the pic also captured the 3 variants / models of F10 530D's sold in India - the white original 530D running on stock 17" alloys, your blue pre-LCI 530D M-Sport (albeit with the newer M-Sport Alloys), and the blue LCI 2017 530D M-Sport running on the 5 spoke alloys.
lamborghini is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 09:56   #1182
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What's also interesting...
Oh man, you have some eagle eyes . Only thing I noticed was that the blue one had the tablet-style rear screens that came on the final update.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 07:57   #1183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What's also interesting...
Vid6639 wrote elsewhere. Lamborghini, meet your brother from another mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The white and blue cars have different tail lamps and bumpers.

You can see the blue has tail lamps that have 3 lines curving upwards and the reflector just below the tail lamps. This is the LCI version.

The white has 2 lines curving up in the tail light and one straight line. Also no reflector below the tail light (it's further down). This is first gen model.

And then your car has the reflector higher up like LCI, but the tail lamp is like the white one. Hence yours is the pre-LCI update one.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 21:41   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Sudden spurt in pre-worshipped 530Ds in BLR. How do these compare to DEL/BOM prices?

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=1&isP=false
https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=2&isP=false
Old 26th February 2020, 22:51   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sudden spurt in pre-worshipped 530Ds in BLR. How do these compare to DEL/BOM prices?

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=1&isP=false
https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=2&isP=false
They are the same cars. Look at the badly placed //M sticker on the back
d3mon is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks