Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 18:15   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
I managed to do that on Express way only, for few sec i could managed to do 180 on bangalore highway as well (but at night).

honestly the car is rock stable at that speed, and straight line stability is amazing, engine roars but not like turbine and depending on road surface you will experience the different noice levels inside the car and different vibration in clutch. Breaking is also good but requires lots of guess work....

i dont drive without wearing seatbelts, doesnt matter if i drive at 20kmph, so do that if you plan to touch 190 or otherwise

@ Throttlekink: Did you do 180 on Bangalore highway on the stck bulbs, I feel the headlight is a little underpowered. I even changed my bulb to Osram @ Rs 1600 a pair as I did not want to tamper with the wiring. Even though it is better now I am not completely satisfied, I have Philips 100/130 on my earlier car.
Old 10th July 2008, 18:16   #212
BHPian

Excuse the typo Throttleking, my Magnum has done 820km and is due for 1st service shortly.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:06   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
@ Throttlekink: Did you do 180 on Bangalore highway on the stck bulbs, I feel the headlight is a little underpowered. I even changed my bulb to Osram @ Rs 1600 a pair as I did not want to tamper with the wiring. Even though it is better now I am not completely satisfied, I have Philips 100/130 on my earlier car.
yes the headlights are poor, but i did 180 at 2am so no traffic, i changed the bulbs to some phillips stuff but not much improvement. i personally dont like after market xenons as they make people blind on road, although i wish to make them blind as everyone in pune is determined to drive in highbeam projectors are better but they are not available for magnum.

so how is the ownership so far? that will be re-assurance as the first service is at 5k. i have clocked 8600km so far and soon will be going for second service.

how come your magnum does not have crome mustache?
Old 13th July 2008, 21:44   #214
BHPian

Quote:

yepp, that's something i noticed after reading the above message.
Even my baby's going for its 10K service soon. Completed nearly 8200kms.

You guys seem to be doing a lot of highway cruising i suppose. mine is just stuck in the city all the time and the high i managed was just 160 in daytime, so never had a chance to check out the stock bulbs at those speeds coz they feel adequate enough in the city
Old 14th July 2008, 11:14   #215
BHPian

Quote:
What is the crome mustache?
Old 14th July 2008, 11:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

@ Manojgauthan - A chrome bar on top of the grill. Check my gallery. Which variant is yours?
Old 14th July 2008, 12:07   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Manojgauthan - A chrome bar on top of the grill. Check my gallery. Which variant is yours?
Oh... My car doesn't have the chrome bar. Maybe they have stopped it. Let me also check with my dealer.

My car is the LT varient.
Old 14th July 2008, 18:30   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Oh... My car doesn't have the chrome bar. Maybe they have stopped it. Let me also check with my dealer.

My car is the LT varient.

they dont provide this chrome bar to LS petrol, however it is provided to LS and LT diesel variants, and it is still provided as a standard fitment they havent stoped it. you must fight for it ultimately yours is topend LT
Old 15th July 2008, 11:27   #219
BHPian

Quote:
they dont provide this chrome bar to LS petrol, however it is provided to LS and LT diesel variants, and it is still provided as a standard fitment they havent stoped it. you must fight for it ultimately yours is topend LT
I spoke to the dealer, he says the cars are not coming with the chrome strip anymore. He says it is an extra accessory now and can be fitted for about 500Rs. I am leaving the car tomorrow for the 1st checkup will get it fitted then,
Old 15th July 2008, 11:38   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the dealer, he says the cars are not coming with the chrome strip anymore. He says it is an extra accessory now and can be fitted for about 500Rs. I am leaving the car tomorrow for the 1st checkup will get it fitted then,
Do you really need it? Your car looks hot as it is.
Old 15th July 2008, 11:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Do you really need it? Your car looks hot as it is.

Let me have a look at a car with the chrome strip and then decide
Old 15th July 2008, 13:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Manoj, after seeing your reply i spoke to my dealer, he said the chrome bar is provided as a standard fitment but still many dealer charge rs500 for that which is not a good practice. why dont you write an email to gmi.distribution@gm.com and confirm. i know rs 500 is not a big deal, but correcting these people is... and important too
Old 15th July 2008, 15:29   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Manoj, after seeing your reply i spoke to my dealer, he said the chrome bar is provided as a standard fitment but still many dealer charge rs500 for that which is not a good practice. why dont you write an email to gmi.distribution@gm.com and confirm. i know rs 500 is not a big deal, but correcting these people is... and important too
I agree, have sent a mail to GM. Let me see what they have to say.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:36   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, have sent a mail to GM. Let me see what they have to say.
manoj, any response from GM? meanwhile why dont you write your ownership experience / how you landed with Magnum? which are cars you considered?
Old 16th July 2008, 15:00   #225
BHPian

Quote:
manoj, any response from GM? meanwhile why dont you write your ownership experience / how you landed with Magnum? which are cars you considered?
No, I still haven't got their reply.

Will write about the car once I finish the 1st service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks