Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 15:33   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Non LT Magnum owners, I would like to know how the braking is without the ABS esp at high speeds. Have you ever felt the need for ABS. Would appreciate your inputs as I am seriously considering the LS version.

Thanks
rajesh

Go for LS, all four disk brakes are equipped with proper breaking capability...only thing is you need to get used to it...straihgt line stability and sudden breaking is good on highway...ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...

otherwise 2 din system is of not that usefull, similarly the sunroof option is also not that useful...leather seats you can get anytime...
Old 16th May 2008, 10:07   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Go for LS, all four disk brakes are equipped with proper breaking capability...only thing is you need to get used to it...straihgt line stability and sudden breaking is good on highway...ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...

otherwise 2 din system is of not that usefull, similarly the sunroof option is also not that useful...leather seats you can get anytime...
Magnum Diesel LT doesn't have a sun-roof. Only the petrol version has a sun-roof.
Old 16th May 2008, 10:55   #183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ABS and Airbags is a good option but only if you can afford it...
Anyone spending 10 lakhs on a sedan shouldn't take the excuse of affordability and skimp on these life saving tools.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:06   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Magnum Diesel LT doesn't have a sun-roof. Only the petrol version has a sun-roof.
Sorry if I am going OT, but is Sun/Moon roof a 'luxury' that it is made out to be? Going even further I would ask, is Sun roof really required in a country like India, other than the snob value comes with it?
Old 16th May 2008, 13:46   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone spending 10 lakhs on a sedan shouldn't take the excuse of affordability and skimp on these life saving tools.
i agree with you GTO, but you know budgets do matter...when i bought magnum my budget was around 7.5L i pushed it beyond my limits...even today i feel crunch when my half the salary goes in EMIs...but at the same i wish i could have gone for topend...and that would be only for ABS and Airbags....

Meanwhile the only thing i can do is drive safely and take utmost safety measures....

Wear you seatbelts....
Old 16th May 2008, 13:47   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
ohh i am surprized....anyways...i never find sunroof as an usefull feature
Old 16th May 2008, 14:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ohh i am surprized....anyways...i never find sunroof as an usefull feature
Yes. The top end petrol has/had far more goodies than the top end diesel
Old 16th May 2008, 15:04   #188
BHPian

Thank you for the reassuring statements Throttle and Kewl. I dont know why they cannot have ABS as optional for all variants like Verna. I would not mind spending another 20K if they have it as an option. How has your after sales service experience been so far? I will be moving from Maruti, which is supposed to have the best A. S. S. (though I do not like it much) - I cant imagine how the others will be.
Old 16th May 2008, 15:19   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reassuring statements Throttle and Kewl. I dont know why they cannot have ABS as optional for all variants like Verna. I would not mind spending another 20K if they have it as an option. How has your after sales service experience been so far? I will be moving from Maruti, which is supposed to have the best A. S. S. (though I do not like it much) - I cant imagine how the others will be.
I wish they would have offered ABS as an option, I would have taken it too. My wife has a Swift Zxi and it has all the safety features + Auto Climate control at 5.5L.

Well my first service is a week away so will know for sure only then. I also moved from Maruti Suzuki and this was one issue alongwith the resale value that held me back. I did take feedback from friends & family on the after sales and everyone said they are good and have improved. Don't expect them to be as good as maruti but they are a whole lot better than what they were. Their cashless offer also added to my confidence.

It's been two weeks that the magnum came home and I have not regretted it till now. The car is very good value for money.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:38   #190
BHPian

Quote:

A.S.S. is good, at least i am getting better responses from Pashankar Auto in pune. on the other hand i have developed good relations with sale and after sales team...
Old 20th May 2008, 22:00   #191
BHPian

automatic climate control available in top end versions of magnum now
Old 20th May 2008, 23:08   #192
Senior - BHPian

Can the CC unit be retrofitted?
Old 21st May 2008, 18:43   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Can the CC unit be retrofitted?

yes i guess, but that will cost you BOMB!!!

i am looking for good steering wheel for my LS, any suggestions? i like the 4 spoke wheel of LT, but its very expensive.
Old 25th June 2008, 20:36   #194
BHPian

A bit of update from my side.. been quite a long time since i updated

getting a constant FE of 13-13.5 in city with 100% ac - very very manageable; keeping in mind the recent fuel hikes and that FE was the major concern while i went out buying my baby.

had a problem in one of the wheels - the air pressure kept falling at a constant rate over a 3-4 days. thankfully was just a problem in the valve.. got it replaced for Rs 7.. .

and i think i badly need a parking sensor though i haven't scratched anything yet but would be really helpful as far as i am concerned. So would like you all to drop in some suggestions so as to which or rather what type of sensor should i go in for which are practical in use and do not void my warranty ?? and yeppp their pricing as well.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:11   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
and i think i badly need a parking sensor though i haven't scratched anything yet but would be really helpful as far as i am concerned. So would like you all to drop in some suggestions so as to which or rather what type of sensor should i go in for which are practical in use and do not void my warranty ?? and yeppp their pricing as well.
I was planning the sensor for mine too. The normal ones that has 4 sensors and the display on the dash costs around 2300 including fitting.
They need to drill 4 places to fix the sensors.

Other option is the camera and LCD, costs around 6000, which is neat.
Have seen it on a civic, works great.

The sensor works good too, display shows the distance in mts and gives an audible alert, which gets louder as proximity increases.

Let us know which one you chose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks