Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 00:17   #241
BHPian

Whats the CSD price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
Many thanks beanstalk. I am definately going for Magnum LT. I am buying through CSD canteen and will get a decent saving on the price. I am not unduly worried about resale value as I intend keeping the car with me for at least 5 years, if not more. I don't think modern diesel engines like the one in Magnum will cause me problems even after 5 years. I don't visualise driving more than 15000 km per year but maybe Magnum will induce me to drive more.
Me too will be getting it from the CSD canteen in Cochin, Kerela.
What is the price that is mentioned in CSD canteen list? With VAT included there was not much of a difference on a Honda Genset which I bought on Friday from the CSD.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:03   #242
BHPian

Can someone advise me about Platinum Metallic colour for Magnum?
Old 28th July 2008, 17:23   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks beanstalk. I am definately going for Magnum LT. I am buying through CSD canteen and will get a decent saving on the price. I am not unduly worried about resale value as I intend keeping the car with me for at least 5 years, if not more. I don't think modern diesel engines like the one in Magnum will cause me problems even after 5 years. I don't visualise driving more than 15000 km per year but maybe Magnum will induce me to drive more.
Go for the Magnum, it is fun to drive & you will surely start driving more, the running cost on my Magnum is much lower than my Wagon R
Old 28th July 2008, 20:05   #244
BHPian

Thanks Manoj. Today, I have given the cheque for booking of Magnum LT. I have to decide on colour of car in a day or two. I like black but my family is dead against it. Can't decide about any other colour.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:15   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Manoj. Today, I have given the cheque for booking of Magnum LT. I have to decide on colour of car in a day or two. I like black but my family is dead against it. Can't decide about any other colour.
White is good option , mine is white .
Icy blue and sparkling diamond are good too. Well so is red
Old 29th July 2008, 09:58   #246
BHPian

Congrats on your decision. It's an awesoem car. BTW at what price are you guys getting the Magnum from the CSD?
Old 29th July 2008, 11:50   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Platinum Metallic is a good colour, even Cashmere is good. Have a look at cars of that colour and decide, after all you should like the colour.
Old 29th July 2008, 12:13   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heres a picture if it helps 2007 Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 LT TCDi The Magnum Force - shuvd's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 29th July 2008, 12:27   #249
BHPian

I think I will go over to the showroom or service center for GM cars and see the colours in person.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:42   #250
BHPian

Quote:
I think I will go over to the showroom or service center for GM cars and see the colours in person.
i would suggest Cashmere, Ivory gold and even Icy Blue. you will have to pay 10k extra for Ivory Gold. And if you can go for Black then nothing like it

this weekend i did some nasty performance test on my magnum, decided the to pull the engine in each gear to the max. Following are the results

120kmph in second gear
140kmph in third gear
160kmph in fourth gear
and 190kmph in fifth

every time you change the gear you get lovely push, no power drop at all. however i tried really hard but could not go beyond 190kmph however its bcoz road come to an end early when you are driving at that speed ...but at the same time i felt the speed is locked by ECU limiting to 190kmph....

your views please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
shuvd, why did you sell your magnum? any specific reason or there was some problem with the car? what is the price you got, is the resale good?

sorry for too many questions, yet one more, how was the performance after putting the Yokohama S Drive?

Last edited by Zappo : 31st July 2008 at 16:44. Reason: Use the Edit button in the first 20 mins. Use Multi-Quote button to reply to multiple posts. Consecutive posts merged.
Old 30th July 2008, 21:12   #251
BHPian

Finally booked Cashmere colour Magnum LT. Funny thing is that I had never considered Cashmere colour but liked it a lot when saw a Cashmere colour Magnum in person. Hope to receive the car within 2 weeks.
Old 31st July 2008, 09:45   #252
Senior - BHPian

@ Vchounal - Congratulations sir. The two weeks wait will be tough!! Please follow the Teambhp checklist leading up to the delivery. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

@ Throttleking - Some of the answers to your questions. I got a very BAD price for the car. Don't want to dwell on it. Took out the ICE before selling. My car was 10 months and 102xx kms old. GM cars have pretty bad resale here in Calcutta. The S Drives made a huge improvement. Better tires are a MUST for this torque monster!!
Old 31st July 2008, 11:41   #253
BHPian

@shuvd - Many thanks. Whole family is eagerly waiting for the new Magnum. I have already taken a printout of the checklist.

To be honest with you, I had a rethink when I learnt that you had sold your Magnum just after 10 months. I did not want to go wrong after spending such a big amount. However, after some more deliberation and encouragement from BHPians, I took the plunge. I can only hope for the best now.
Old 31st July 2008, 11:42   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Throttleking - Some of the answers to your questions. I got a very BAD price for the car. Don't want to dwell on it. Took out the ICE before selling. My car was 10 months and 102xx kms old. GM cars have pretty bad resale here in Calcutta. The S Drives made a huge improvement. Better tires are a MUST for this torque monster!!
Thats a real bad news, i faced lot of problem while selling my Ikon diesel, although i wont sell my magnum for another couple of years but still i am worried about the resale. Optra VGIS never had a good resale as such, but Magnum being a diesel should fetch more money.

But one last question for you, why did you sell the Magnum?

i will soon upgrade to Yokohama S Drive.

Quote:
@shuvd - Many thanks. Whole family is eagerly waiting for the new Magnum. I have already taken a printout of the checklist.

To be honest with you, I had a rethink when I learnt that you had sold your Magnum just after 10 months. I did not want to go wrong after spending such a big amount. However, after some more deliberation and encouragement from BHPians, I took the plunge. I can only hope for the best now.
vchounal dont worry, you will not regret your decision, GM cars are really trouble free, and magnum hosts the very refined and modern diesel engine. if you are tourer then sure you are going to have wonderful highway trips...Needless to add, Magnum is a highway star.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st July 2008 at 16:43. Reason: Use the Edit button in the first 20 mins. Consecutive posts merged.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:00   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post

vchounal dont worry, you will not regret your decision, GM cars are really trouble free, and magnum hosts the very refined and modern diesel engine. if you are tourer then sure you are going to have wonderful highway trips...Needless to add, Magnum is a highway star.
I live in Greater Noida. Everytime, I have to go to Noida or Delhi, I will have the pleasure of driving this beauty on an expressway (25 km one way). I am looking forward to the fun.

By the way, how does Magnum fare in city traffic conditions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks