Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 08:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
let me rephrase it anyone tried any mods for upping the power of this car yet?
also i am thinking of a sunroof costs 22,000 for the motorized one what do you guys say is it worth it or like some say there will be problems during rainy season with water leaking into the car
The Magnum's Tuning Box is yet to come out. In the mean time, you could fit some universal air filter. AFIK, Green Stock Replacement filter isn't out yet. But, the universal filter means bye bye warranty
22k for a motorized sunroof? Isn't that cheap? Is it a proper glass sunroof or a fabric/tilt type?
Webasto (?) sunroofs come with warranty and are very good. A friend has one for last 4 years. No problems yet.
Old 1st March 2008, 08:26   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
let me rephrase it anyone tried any mods for upping the power of this car yet?
In All possibilities, BUSA. He would have peted one for sure.
Old 1st March 2008, 08:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Green Stock Replacement filter isn't out yet. But, the universal filter means bye bye warranty
I really dont think warranty gets void, i have a universal KnN Airfilter in my Optra since around when the car was less then a year old and the cars warranty has been void.

Quote:
also i am thinking of a sunroof costs 22,000 for the motorized one what do you guys say is it worth it or like some say there will be problems during rainy season with water leaking into the car
Which company is this, ill say stay away. This doesnot look genuine, a genuine good sunroof wont come less then 45k(Motorised) My Optra came with it standard and i hardly use it. It hasnot given any problems but i have heard after market ones are quite problematic.

Wait for the tunning box AFAIK, that will take you to 150bhp.

@ Amtak - Dont have a magnum otherwise would surely have Peted it and the box is not out yet, its under testing.

Last edited by BUSA : 1st March 2008 at 08:39.
Old 1st March 2008, 11:39   #154
Senior - BHPian

@ BUSA bhai - I asked the GM A.S.S. They said that any kind of modifications will void the warranty. IIRC, to accommodate the universal filter in the Magnum, the stock air box needs to be taken out.

But, if you have good relations with the A.S.S. they might just look the other way.
Old 5th March 2008, 20:25   #155
BHPian

To shuvd, dockap & beanstalk...

A curious question. After how many kms, you think, you would like to sell the magnum? (Please imagine that you won't sell the magnum just to buy a new car).
Old 5th March 2008, 20:39   #156
Senior - BHPian

@ Tanmay_ambre - It indeed is a curious question!
Do you mean how long will the car hold up? No idea really.
Old 5th March 2008, 22:06   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
The Magnum's Tuning Box is yet to come out. In the mean time, you could fit some universal air filter. AFIK, Green Stock Replacement filter isn't out yet. But, the universal filter means bye bye warranty
22k for a motorized sunroof? Isn't that cheap? Is it a proper glass sunroof or a fabric/tilt type?
Webasto (?) sunroofs come with warranty and are very good. A friend has one for last 4 years. No problems yet.
I got a sunroof fitted 5 years back from the Honda showroom on my Accord for 20k. But i did get a massive discount on it then, so 22k now doesn't seem thaat cheap.

But my advice is, stay away. I havent had any problem of leakage etc but it eventually begins to rattle a bit on really bumpy roads.

Also, about the tuning box, i dont think you should be worrying about warranty as you can easily have it removed when it goes in for service. There is no way Chevy would find out that you were running a tuning box so no question of voiding warranty.

Last edited by Sahil : 5th March 2008 at 22:09.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post
To shuvd, dockap & beanstalk...

A curious question. After how many kms, you think, you would like to sell the magnum? (Please imagine that you won't sell the magnum just to buy a new car).
depends i might have to sell it if i need money otherwise if my finances are ok i will keep it for 7 years
Old 6th March 2008, 18:02   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post
quite a strange question rather.. but really dunno when id sell it off, wouldn't be anytime soon.. will keep it long enough
Old 9th March 2008, 19:42   #160
BHPian

anyone who has done exterior mods on the magnum yet like body kit,spoilers,projector hl,decals etc?
Old 11th March 2008, 12:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

Urgent query!
What bulbs are used in the Magnum? Head lamps and fogs both..
Won't go for H.I.Ds as there are no projector setups available yet. Thinking of upgrading to higher wattage bulbs.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:19   #162
BHPian

After seeing so many fans of the Magnum - test drove it last week. Am floored, have to have it. Selling my Baleno and taking the LS. Wish I could afford the LT though. Hopefully won't miss the ABS & AirBags!
Old 9th April 2008, 17:24   #163
BHPian

I been readin bout Magnum for months now n has finally decided 2 take the lunge. Does anybody have any idea as to how much discount can be bargained for LT and the freebees? :P

I also got the same Q as dockap, any decent external mods availabe?

Presently own a diesel Lancer, heard ppl complain bout the handling of Magnum, was wondering if it wud be par wid the lancer.
Old 4th May 2008, 17:40   #164
BHPian

5000 km Update

Finally got my magnum serviced for the 5000 km interval

total cost was around Rs. 1450

So far no problems and enjoying the car to the max

@ channelv - no idea about the disc etc whatsoever ever since gemini mobiles fully separated their operations from the dealership to a hugeeeee and a much needed and better equipped service center]

@ kewlferrari - u won't until its mostly driven around the city like mine does, all discs perform the job well. its been 4 months since no highway trip .

cheers

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 4th May 2008 at 17:41.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:29   #165
BHPian

magnum face lift?

any news about magnum face-lift? new ad on TV shows a magnum diesel with climate control and a new looking HU. I am planning to buy magnum by this August. If there is a face-lift coming I can wait for some more time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks