Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 15:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Got my Palio 1.6 on 12th

Initially i was confused between Swift ZXi and Palio. Swift because of airbags and ABS. but after TDing the swift 3-4 times and Palio 1 time i was convinced for palio. dunmo but i felt very much comfortable in Palio. thanks to Bottle for letting me rip his palio and gmano to let me rip his swift. after driving the palio, swift felt very slow and lethargic specially bottom end torque which is awesome in palio. Anyways i was not going to use the vehicle much so mileage didn't bothered me much. and i also didn't liked the exterior of swift, somehow it looks more of a toy to me. but again this is personal opinion. Then the price of 1.6 made me close the deal with Palio in which i saved more tha 1L over Swift ZXi which will used to fuel palio lol.

at last i ordered the car 14th feb with advance payement and it was here in 2-3 days time but after that loan took long time so vehicle delivery was delayed.

Got it from VST motors chennai and i am very happy with their service. I was never asked/suggested to buy TATA vehicle lol. And the sales person i was assigned was very helpful, and during all the loan waiting thing always co-operated with paper work etc. if anyone is looking for FIAT vehicle in chennai PM me i will get you the contact nos.

They were supposed to deliver the vehicle on 7th but it was delayed because the bank agent had written 1.1 in the application dunno how because i have not given any info to him neither the showroom people :-/. Anyways finally i got it on 12th.

Reached the showroom in the morning around 10Pm where my car was kept covered for past 7-8 days(showroom guy got it covered coz people keep tocuhing the car as he told me hehe), before it was kept in their stockyard. there was another 1.6 in the showroom for past 2 months(some customers because of payement problems). so i noted down the chassis no and engine no of both vehicles, even in this the sales person was very co-operative lol.

Around 11 we went to RTO for registration and came back to showroom at 1 PM. after that it was lunch in the showroom so i had to wait. then around 2 0' Clock one guys started polishing the car. and wat a job he did, really awesome. he took around 3 hours to polish the car that includes exterior, interior and engine compartment. i was so bored that i told him to do it fast but polish job was really good. i gave him 100rs. the sales person told me that this polish job is charged rs 3000 and they were using very good polish, dunno how much truth was in that.

Then there was some problem in the driver side lock, something was cracked inside. and as always part was not available lol, but they replaced it from the other palio 1.6. Car was delivered to me around 6:30 with some puja and then sale person explained the controls to me which mostly i knew hehe. They also give me 10 litres fuel coupen, which was quit surprising.

From the showroom i straight went to the Tyres shop got the tyres changed to YOKO ES-100 . While getting the tyres changed met some officials from yoko japan. had a good talk with then got a pen as gift with yoko advan written on them. the guys asked if i am going to modify the vehicle(tho it was very difficult to understand his english lol). and he asked me to write a feedback to him about the tyres and asked me to switch to Advan next time lol .

Can't really compare these tyres to the OE because didnot drive much with OE tyres.

Haven't driven the vehicle much as its raining cats and dogs here from past two days and i have already bunked office many times in past 15 days because of the car hehe.

attaching some pics of the car. will post more this weekend.

Overall i really liked the service i got in VST, yesterday i went to take the registration no and given the sales person some sweets and gift. he was also very happy and was very upset that i didn't bring the car as he wanted to chk out the new tyres hehe.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc00002.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc00003.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc00030.jpg  

Rahulkool is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2008, 15:24   #2
BHPian

So here he/she is after all the struggle you went through, you must be the happy man now ain't you.

congrats and drive safe.

Last edited by praJEEP : 14th March 2008 at 15:26.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:28   #3
BHPian

Thats a good one.

Good seletion Rahul. I am a great fan of Fiat and even I wanted to get a Fiat Palio Stile( not the sport version), but had to settle with a Spark, as there were more people advicing me not to go for a Fiat, if the usage is going to be for daily office at around 50kms a day. Poor Me...

Have a nice time with your Fiat.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
So here he/she is after all the struggle you went through, you must be the happy man now ain't you.

congrats and drive safe.
thanks buddy , yeah went thru' a lot at least 5 time i decided to cancel the booking in past 20 days hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsajjanraj View Post
Good seletion Rahul. I am a great fan of Fiat and even I wanted to get a Fiat Palio Stile( not the sport version), but had to settle with a Spark, as there were more people advicing me not to go for a Fiat, if the usage is going to be for daily office at around 50kms a day. Poor Me...

Have a nice time with your Fiat.
yeah i also got same response from everyone from my family, FIAT y y ?? its very bad car lol ...... anyways sparky is very nice car

Last edited by Rahulkool : 14th March 2008 at 15:33.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:33   #5
BANNED

Congrats on your new buy.

1.6 sport! great car dude.

I've known from so many sources that its the best reliable hatch avlble.

Remember Every Ferrari is a Fiat.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:40   #6
BHPian

thats one great looking car, remember to run it in properly.. even if it means upto 5K kms.... keep the tyre pressures as specified in the manual.. if possible go for nitrogen fill in tyres , since it tubeless it offers great ride...

& enjoy the drive.. LOL its a FIAT you got to enjoy...

FIAT, always...
Old 14th March 2008, 15:44   #7
BHPian

Congrats Rahul on your buy. Red looks awesome

Where did you get your tyres changed ? I believe it is somewhere near anna nagar . Can you post the location details pls.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul on your new vehicle.
Where did you change the tyres ya ? Which area in chennai ?
Old 14th March 2008, 17:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Rahul has become the owner of a Kool ride!
Congratulations on the new acquisition Buddy. Great colour, the car is looking very sporty! Enjoy her and please DRIVE SAFELY.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Formula Red 1.6 Sport! Congrats!

ES100 175 or 185?

And, how does it feel to drive a hatch now?
Old 14th March 2008, 17:10   #11
BHPian

nice car and sexy colour how about adding a ferrari logo to it
Old 14th March 2008, 17:25   #12
BHPian

Good choice. Drive hard, but drive safe. I'm not so happy with the lights of the Palio. I'd suggest you upgrade the headlights too to something brighter and better illuminating.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
naaaaaaaah.....

IMHO let the car be as original as possible.

after all everyone knows that every ferrari is always a FIAT.
We don't need to shout that out aloud. Do we????
Old 14th March 2008, 17:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats on your new buy.

1.6 sport! great car dude.

I've known from so many sources that its the best reliable hatch avlble.

Remember Every Ferrari is a Fiat.
thanks mate ...... i love that line

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
thats one great looking car, remember to run it in properly.. even if it means upto 5K kms.... keep the tyre pressures as specified in the manual.. if possible go for nitrogen fill in tyres , since it tubeless it offers great ride...

& enjoy the drive.. LOL its a FIAT you got to enjoy...

FIAT, always...
thanks ..... i think they filled it with nitrogen, will chk with the shopkeeper again .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Congrats Rahul on your buy. Red looks awesome

Where did you get your tyres changed ? I believe it is somewhere near anna nagar . Can you post the location details pls.
thanks man ..... Got the tyres changed in GP road ..... just behind the satyam theater where the parking exit is for satyam theater is ..... its on that road, written MRF in big letters , don't remember the name of the shop , oposite to that shop one big appllo showroom is there .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Congrats Rahul on your new vehicle.
Where did you change the tyres ya ? Which area in chennai ?
Thanks buddy ..... address i have mentioned above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Rahul has become the owner of a Kool ride!
Congratulations on the new acquisition Buddy. Great colour, the car is looking very sporty! Enjoy her and please DRIVE SAFELY.
thanks ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Formula Red 1.6 Sport! Congrats!

ES100 175 or 185?

And, how does it feel to drive a hatch now?
thanks ....
Its ES-100 195/60 14 ..... feels nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
thanks .... ferrari logo lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Good choice. Drive hard, but drive safe. I'm not so happy with the lights of the Palio. I'd suggest you upgrade the headlights too to something brighter and better illuminating.

hmmmm ..... actually i am pretty satisfied with the headlamps but haven't driven this car on the highway in the night so can't comment ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
naaaaaaaah.....

IMHO let the car be as original as possible.

after all everyone knows that every ferrari is always a FIAT.
We don't need to shout that out aloud. Do we????
yup agree with u

Last edited by Rahulkool : 14th March 2008 at 17:37.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Just as i thought , GP Road Near Satyam Theatre exit ah ? The DHL , Blue Dart , Professional Courier offices are there only na. Also the famous TVS Fuel Station .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks