Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 01:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

first part changed under warranty, while going to office yesterday noticed speedometer was not working. went to the service center. It was lunch time there, i reached there around 1.40pm. Still i requested them that i had to go office and car was taken and it took around 1 hour to change the speedometer sensor and car was delivered to me.

i was expecting it to be trial and error but they soon found out that sensor was faulty and replaced it.

Car has so far done ~14k kms, giving me city average around 9-10 with 100%ac and normal driving and sometimes redlining.

last trip to bangalore i got 14.5 with 120-140kmph average speed, i was surprised to see half tank of petrol when i went out to fill petrol next day in bangalore.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:11   #137
Senior - BHPian

just got the 4th service at 15.5k kms, at VST chennai. its scheduled at 22.5k kms but as i am not driving much i am getting the service done at every 5k kms. service experience was pretty good and things are improving at fast pace which i can see every time i visit there.

total cost was 6652rs

engine oil selenia synthetic - 2168rs 4ltrs
air filter - 185rs
fuel filter - 115rs
transmission oil - 186rs 2ltrs (it was not recommended but i got it changed)
emery sheet - 15rs (to clean the brakes)
coolant synthetic - 977rs 4ltrs
oil filter - 99rs
sensing unit for coolant - 678rs

labour
coolant flusing - 175rs
engine oil and filter change - 175
fuel filter change - 150
air filter change - 65
transimission oil - 150
brake system check and cleaning - 550
standard checks and coolant sensor replacement - 250

tax VAT - 553rs
service tax - 151rs
education cess - 5rs

total part - 4980rs
total labour - 1671rs

The coolant sensor was leaking, they found it and replaced it. it should have been done in warranty as i have got extended warranty but the advisor didn't knew, for that they need the extended warranty booklet which i will take there tomorrow and they will refund as i am told. but extended warranty has to be claimed as insurance and it may get rejected.

extended warranty is not provided by TATA but by some other company so they approve the claims then only they will refund the amount.

I was surprised to see that they have charged all the labour charges like that, usually all these are under paid service charges as i have seen in other service centers. maybe TATA service centers work like this, can anyone confirm this.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

What is this sensing unit for coolant? Never heard of something like that.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What is this sensing unit for coolant? Never heard of something like that.
i guess this is the same sensor which controls the fan speed.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:04   #140
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

Good to see a happy Stile 1.6 ownership!

My Stile 1.6 has done its free 3 services. The problem right now i'm facing is with Temp needle touching and crossing the half mark. Checked the coolant at a Petrol Pump, the guy says the coolant is complete water now. I'm hoping adding a conc coolant will resolve that temp needle issue.

Could you also let me know what is the below you mentioned in your service and the need for? If at all I might also need to check the same in my 4th Paid service
  • transmission oil - 186rs 2ltrs (it was not recommended but i got it changed)
  • emery sheet - 15rs (to clean the brakes)
  • coolant synthetic
Btw, how is your car with the engine noise/vibrations after its cranked?
Old 20th January 2010, 13:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Rahul,

Good to see a happy Stile 1.6 ownership!

My Stile 1.6 has done its free 3 services. The problem right now i'm facing is with Temp needle touching and crossing the half mark. Checked the coolant at a Petrol Pump, the guy says the coolant is complete water now. I'm hoping adding a conc coolant will resolve that temp needle issue.

Could you also let me know what is the below you mentioned in your service and the need for? If at all I might also need to check the same in my 4th Paid service
  • transmission oil - 186rs 2ltrs (it was not recommended but i got it changed)
  • emery sheet - 15rs (to clean the brakes)
  • coolant synthetic
Btw, how is your car with the engine noise/vibrations after its cranked?
Hey, i don't think coolant will become water :-/, even my cars temp needle stays just 1-2mm below the middle level if AC is on. sometimes while driving without AC the temp goes above the middle level, because radiator fan is running at low speed. its not a problem. To be sure just check the coolant level when engine is cold and fill it up if level is low with coolant.

i got the transmission oil changed because its almost two years. anyways i am not sure but i guess its recommended around 40k kms and 4 years, please check in the owner manual, service interval is mentioned in the last few page. its mentioned as transaxle oil or something.

emery paper is same sand paper which they used to clean the brakes pads i guess, i have no idea even if they have done this.

i have got the complete coolant changed as it was recommended after two years. they just drained the oil coolant and filled new.

without AC there is no vibration of noise as such inside the cabin even outside there is no noise. with AC and second level of fan there is some noise which comes inside, very low. i guess this is because of single fan for radiator and AC, same arrangement is there is in FORD ICON and you will hear the same noise with icon too. there is some vibration in the car while starting for the first time for 20-30 secs in the morning, otherwise there is no vibration as such.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:50   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
first part changed under warranty, while going to office yesterday noticed speedometer was not working. went to the service center. It was lunch time there, i reached there around 1.40pm. Still i requested them that i had to go office and car was taken and it took around 1 hour to change the speedometer sensor and car was delivered to me.

i was expecting it to be trial and error but they soon found out that sensor was faulty and replaced it.

Car has so far done ~14k kms, giving me city average around 9-10 with 100%ac and normal driving and sometimes redlining.

last trip to bangalore i got 14.5 with 120-140kmph average speed, i was surprised to see half tank of petrol when i went out to fill petrol next day in bangalore.
If the figures are accurate, then mileage of 14.5 kmpl is awesome dude.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:57   #143
BHPian

The mileages in both city and highway are spot on.
I have a 2007 Palio 1.6 Stile (Black).

City driving in Mumbai I get between 8 (horrible traffic), 8.5 (average Mumbai traffic, which is still horrible) and between 9 & 9.5 (if I leave home before 8 AM for work)

On trips from Mumbai to Pune, I get 15 kmpl (@100 -110 kmph)
Old 1st September 2010, 12:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

Here is the latest update guys, got the 5th service done at 22k kms. Its scheduled at 30k but i am not driving much so getting service done at 5k kms.

Total bill came 8491rs, here is the breakup

parts
Engine oil - 2168rs(542rs/l)
Oil filter - 347rs
Air filter - 190rs
Fuel Filter - 168rs
Wheel cylinder set for rear left - 1111rs(they said it was leaking a bit)
brake pad - 1644rs(205rs each, was running on first set)
emery sheet - 20rs
anabond 202 - 16rs
total with tax - 6373rs

labour
washing and vacuuming - 300rs
engine oil and filter change - 180rs
Air filter change - 90rs
standard check electrical - 200rs
brake pad replacement - 450rs
fuel filter cartridge renew - 150rs
rear wheel cylinder replacement - 550rs
total with tax - 2117rs

Total bill - 8491rs

Service experience was as before, morning they took the car very fast as in past few services. But in the evening i was called to collect the car in 5pm and by that time car was not ready. cleaning was not done, car was finally delivered to me at 6:30pm. The cleaning done was absolutely pathetic. from next time onwards i am gonna ask them not to clean. anyways i have to get it done outside after service.

One major change is mileage, nowday i am getting 12kmpl with AC in city with light foot(shifting at 2500-3000rpm). even with spirited driving it never goes below 10. By spirited i mean changing at 5000-6000 rpm. FE has improved a lot, no idea how.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:11   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think the rear brake cylinder cost as much. I should be costing around 200 bucks. Not exactly sure about the price.
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

Even with your spirited driving you're getting awesome figures brother. I had never though that Palio 1.6 would give these figures with spirited driving

Rahul, If you don't mind can you please some more pictures of your car? Please...

Driver her safe. Have fun

Amith
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:43   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I dont think the rear brake cylinder cost as much. I should be costing around 200 bucks. Not exactly sure about the price.
Really, can someone please check and confirm the price. I will also try and check with other service center in chennai. Also the price of oil filter in last service was just 99rs now its 347rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Even with your spirited driving you're getting awesome figures brother. I had never though that Palio 1.6 would give these figures with spirited driving

Rahul, If you don't mind can you please some more pictures of your car? Please...

Driver her safe. Have fun

Amith
Yeah even i am surprised with the mileage figure, now days i am getting 11-11.5 easily in city in tankful to tankful basis.

Sorry mate have taken any pics recently, will try to get some this weekend and post. You can check out few pics here
Palio Sports - a set on Flickr
Old 7th December 2010, 12:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

Wiring damaged in Palio Stile 1.6 ?

One connector is chewed up by rat in my car :( . Few days back when i started my car in the morning the idle RPM was way too high 1300rpm and engine vibrations were also way too high. I switched off the engine and upon checking found one wire too be cut off from the connector. Later i connected it somehow and started the engine it was working fine.

I didn't used the car and thought will get it repaired first. Then today morning when i opened the bonnet just to checking to my horror all the wires in that connector are chewed by rat :( . I didn't switch on the ignition or tried starting the car fearing something else maybe damaged if i do so.

I am attaching the pics of where the connector is. There are 5 wires in that connector the center one is kinda thick wire which is left. Both sides two wires are cut, on one side its cut so close to the connector that its not possible to join them with hand. I think i have to get it soldered somehow. The other end of connector disappears in one tube which has some more wires.

The wires are color coded so i can join them if i can extent the shorter wires by soldering some extra wire on that.

Can someone suggest what could be the best solution as i don't want to start the car and risk it ? can anyone tell what these wires are for ? i am guessing some sensors in the engine.

Thanks,
Rahul

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-palio-copy.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2010, 12:47   #149
BHPian

Hi Rahul,
I think you should take it to a service centre (towed???) and get the wires replaced in the best interest of the car!!
Old 7th December 2010, 12:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

Pic 1 - how come it is so clean after 2 years?

Pic 2 & 3 - I have a feeling it is the cam / TDC sensor - since it located near the cam gears.

Do not start the car - get a flat bed truck and take it to the FASS. get that entire wiring replaced.

Most importantly - get rid of the rats - get a rat cage. donot think about rat cakes / napthelene / tobacco leaves (it will take ages to get hold of the rat).

Rat usually hides in between the radiator and the AC coils & sometimes behind the foglamps. check for leaves / straws.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks