Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 12:56   #151

Hi Rahul,
The injector wires have been damaged.It is better to take the car to the workshop for repairs.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:04   #152
Senior - BHPian

No big issue, just need to replace the electrical leads or get it soldered. The problem is getting rid of the rat before it chews up something deep inside the engine bay thats hard to replace. Invest in a few snakes ;-)

If possible get checked from underneath as well in case any other stuff has been chewed
Old 7th December 2010, 14:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
Hi Rahul,
I think you should take it to a service centre (towed???) and get the wires replaced in the best interest of the car!!
I know taking it to the service center will be best choice but even if i take it to the service center, i am sure it will be thr for at least 15 days for parts. which i want to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Pic 1 - how come it is so clean after 2 years?

Pic 2 & 3 - I have a feeling it is the cam / TDC sensor - since it located near the cam gears.

Do not start the car - get a flat bed truck and take it to the FASS. get that entire wiring replaced.

Most importantly - get rid of the rats - get a rat cage. donot think about rat cakes / napthelene / tobacco leaves (it will take ages to get hold of the rat).

Rat usually hides in between the radiator and the AC coils & sometimes behind the foglamps. check for leaves / straws.
No its not that clean, the pic is old lol. Yeah will get the rat cage today. There was no rats but some new people have come to the next house where i park my car(its same compound) and the kid usually drops biscuits etc in the parking. Otherwise i had never seen a rat there before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm.pandian View Post
Hi Rahul,
The injector wires have been damaged.It is better to take the car to the workshop for repairs.
I think its injector wire because when i started my car for the first time few days back the check injector light was glowing in the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
No big issue, just need to replace the electrical leads or get it soldered. The problem is getting rid of the rat before it chews up something deep inside the engine bay thats hard to replace. Invest in a few snakes ;-)

If possible get checked from underneath as well in case any other stuff has been chewed
I tried removing the leads, but the wire have some rubber in the back to make it water proof its every tightly packed and i am not able to remove the wires. I am planning to take some electrician and get the wires soldered for the time being and then the car to service center and order the parts. Again it connects to a very big piece of wiring and i guess complete wiring has to be replaced.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:02   #154
Senior - BHPian

Talk to Raghav from Ignite, he replaced the spark plug leads for a Petra some time ago so might be able to source the wires. I guess even TASS would try to solder the wires since ordering parts seems to take about a months time these days
Old 7th December 2010, 17:36   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talk to Raghav from Ignite, he replaced the spark plug leads for a Petra some time ago so might be able to source the wires. I guess even TASS would try to solder the wires since ordering parts seems to take about a months time these days
Give me his no if you have it, i will talk and then try to go there.

Anyways i called a electrician tomorrow morning, hes not car electrician but know how to do soldering. As the wires are color coded i guess it won't be much trouble. I am thinking covering these wires with tin metal or something so they are secure.

EDIT:- also called service center and they were not able to provide the price of availability of the wires. I have asked one person whom i know, to get info if there is any total-loss 1.6 is there so i can take out the connectors from there.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 7th December 2010 at 17:41.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:45   #156
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

I have got the wires soldered today, have to cover them with some sort of protective cover. can anyone suggest something ?

Haven't connected the other ends, so didnt start the car as i was in hurry in the morning. will try it tomorrow morning and update the thread.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:52   #157
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

what about some thick piping like garden hose or a flexible metal hose?
Old 8th December 2010, 23:46   #158
BHPian

Try to use castrol coolant (heavy duty protector ) as it is the best . Never go for any other product , just dip your finger to know the difference .
Old 8th December 2010, 23:50   #159
Senior - BHPian

One rat-avoiding suggestion I read in a thread was attaching bottle-cleaning brushes on the hoses. The prickly brushes would keep away rodents.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:36   #160
Senior - BHPian

At last today finished the wiring thing, it took around one hour but i did as good as i can.

attaching the pics.

Wires soldered
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-1.jpg

I have used electrical tape on the soldered wires and then double sleeves. hopefully it will protect it somewhat.
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  102.6 KB

I have also used single sleeve on the rest of the cable.
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-2.jpg

used cable tie on both ends where the cable is joined so there is no force or movement there.
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-4.jpg

Then a whole lot of electrical tapes, hopefully it will protect it.
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-5.jpg

To be frank it looks lot more better than what job fiat did with the cables lol. hopefully it will last. I have put a rat trap below the car but morning it was closed with nothing inside. I had also put few mortein rat kill around the car none of them are there anymore. lets see .....

Drove around 25-30kms in the morning, so far its working fine

But i am concerned about how to protect the wiring, as still it can damaged.

Quote:
what about some thick piping like garden hose or a flexible metal hose?
I was thinking about the metal cover sort of thing but as its very near to engine, metal will get hot and may damage the wires. Also metal can be issue in short-circuit. i am trying to look for rubber piping which can be used to cover the complete thing. will do it in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Try to use castrol coolant (heavy duty protector ) as it is the best . Never go for any other product , just dip your finger to know the difference .
Can you tell me how to use this ? Can it damage the paint or rubber etc ? I have a synthetic valvoline coolant, can it be used ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
One rat-avoiding suggestion I read in a thread was attaching bottle-cleaning brushes on the hoses. The prickly brushes would keep away rodents.
Thanks man, will try to see if its possible, as there is very less space around the connectors. I am thinking of putting some chilly or pepper around the connector, it should deter the rat right ?

Last edited by Rahulkool : 9th December 2010 at 11:43.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 17:17   #161
Senior - BHPian

Well few days back i was wondering how come the OE exide battery has not died till now lol. Then i went for holiday and car was not started for 20-25 days, came back and tried starting the car and nothing happened just the dashboard lights will dim when i turned the ignition. Called up a battery wala and got the car jump start, drove for around 15kms and went back to the battery wala shop and switched off the car so if it does not start i will not get stuck.
Well it didnt, so called exide helpline and asked for new battery for palio. They have a very prompt service, i got a call within 10 mins from a dealer that someone is on the way. Got the battery replaced, had to pay little on the higher side 8k for DIN50 battery. Got 600bucks for old battery. Funny thing is till the guy came from exide i didnt switched off my car and when i finally turned off the engine, tried couple of times again starting it and it was working absolutely fine lol . Anyways replaced it because battery was almost 3 years old

Last edited by Rahulkool : 19th February 2011 at 17:19.
Old 20th February 2011, 23:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Another weird thing i noticed that when i had to fill petrol without switching off the engine(i know its not to be done but i didnt had any choices). The fuel meter didnt moved a bit. I did a tank full and fuel meter still showed just above empty. For few minutes of driving i was thinking if the pump guy had cheated me or something. Only after switching off the engine and switching on the ignition it showed as tank ful

can anyone tell me how did it happened ??
Old 26th December 2011, 15:14   #163
Senior - BHPian

Got the 6th service done at 28.5k kms

Complains
Problem 1: Left side AC vent broken(telling about this from 2nd service, more than 2 years i guess)
Problem 2: Third brake lamp replacement(the plastic part is warped due to heat and came off the socket, and can not be fixed back)
Problem 3: Noise from front right when going over uneven surface

Given for service on 17th nov thusday.
Next day got a call that they have to replace both front swinging arms and one more suspension component which will cost around 12k. I told them to go ahead if there is a problem and it will make the annoying noise go away.

Got a call to pick up the call on saturday evening.

Problem 1: Part not available, for 2 year and 4 services i have complained about this and parts not available lol

Problem 2: Part not available

Problem 3: They had changed the front left(where the noise was coming from right side, i suspect the right part was not available but they have to rob the customer) swinging arm and mounting for front shock absorbers. And i was told there is no noise from front. I asked about the front right swinging arm and was told its fine. Went on a test drive and due to traffic noise could not make out if there was suspension noise there or not.

Total bill was around 15k. Paid the bill and left only to find that annoying noise is still there, aarrgh. Called the service center and was asked to come on monday. Coudn't take the car to service center and took it next monday. At last it was found the front right brake calipers were loose, which i suspected before

Thanks to the service center now i have 3 scratches on the dashboard and even dirty fabric.

Here is service bill details attached.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0719.jpg

Last edited by Rahulkool : 26th December 2011 at 15:15.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 15:41   #164
Senior - BHPian

Also cleaned and polished the car yesterday. Here are some snaps

After applying the wax
Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1161
Size:  194.8 KB

Alloys were also very dirty so removed then and clean them with diesel first and then with soap.
Before
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-2.jpg

After
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-3.jpg

After rubbing off the wax
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-4.jpg

Bonnet
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-5.jpg

Roof
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-6.jpg

Rear
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-7.jpg

Gleaming alloys
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-8.jpg

One more snap outside
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-9.jpg

Last edited by Rahulkool : 26th December 2011 at 15:50.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 16:46   #165
Senior - BHPian

^Why didn't you claim the lower arm under warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks