Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

yeah it is low :( - point A to B in my case is usually 5-10 kms - may be that is the reason why it is so bad.

the digital clock (illumination) went kaput after the FASS opened the panel for fixing the HU wires.

wish you guys all the best and drive safe take care.

@rahul - i like your avatar - do you have a high res pic?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd May 2009 at 11:35.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:04   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Hai rahulkool,

many congratulation on the new car!!! we own a 2005 1.2 ELX, immensely satisfied with the car.

the new Palios come without the side body cladding fitted on earlier cars, are these available on the market?

and the ride height has also been jacked up, can the stock shocks be lowered or should new shocks be fitted?

I feel the Palio looks much nicer with the side cladding and the original ride height.
yeah the height is increased little bit because of new tyres and also looks high because of missing side cladding.

i have asked for the cladding but its not easy to fix and showroom people told me they have to make holes on the running board, i said not to that. there are holes in the running board but FIAT missed to put bolts inside as it used to come in earlier palios. cost cutting i guess.

well i have ordered the valance cover(as the showroom people call the side cladding) and waiting for it, will try to get it fixed in some outside shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
yeah it is low :( - point A to B in my case is usually 5-10 kms - may be that is the reason why it is so bad.

the digital clock (illumination) went kaput after the FASS opened the panel for fixing the HU wires.

ohhh that maybe the reason for low mileage .....

here is the pic you requested, i have uploaded on flickr. click on all sizes if you need bigger size

palio on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Chk your pm .....

Last edited by Rahulkool : 28th May 2009 at 15:06.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:31   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
yeah the height is increased little bit because of new tyres and also looks high because of missing side cladding.

i have asked for the cladding but its not easy to fix and showroom people told me they have to make holes on the running board, i said not to that. there are holes in the running board but FIAT missed to put bolts inside as it used to come in earlier palios. cost cutting i guess.

well i have ordered the valance cover(as the showroom people call the side cladding) and waiting for it, will try to get it fixed in some outside shop
Hi Rahul,

Can you describe whats valance cover/side cladding? If you have pictorial reference then that would be great!
I hope you are not talking about the stone guard! Also how much is it costing you and how it would be fitted!

By the way, awesome pics you captured of your Palio!
Old 28th May 2009, 15:39   #124
Senior - BHPian

@ Rudrah, he is talking about the stone guard.

@ Rahul thanks for the PM.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:19   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Last month I have been doing some short hops and since then have noticed that the FE has gone quite bad. Was first worried that something was wrong but a couple of long drives gave good FE so looks like running with a cold engine drinks more fuel
Old 28th May 2009, 22:29   #126
BHPian

stone gaurd fiitted at Green Tracks here in bangalore.. mine is a 2006 1.2 ELX model.. i did not come with stone guard. it costed me 5.5K + 700 labour.. but the work done was precise.. they will drill the holes in tha car body to fit the screws... i still have respect for Green Tracks just b'cas of this work..
Attached Thumbnails
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01570.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01571.jpg  

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-dsc01572.jpg  

Old 29th May 2009, 11:46   #127
Senior - BHPian

@ Sanjay - @Tomrider may need your help regarding the stone guard for his MJD.

@ Bottle - short trips drink more fuel. this time - my car's fuel indicator was at 3/4th mark with only 87kms -> did two smallish "long drives" (approx 25kms each way) and the needle was at 1/2 mark with 190kms+ on the trip meter and today it is at 1/4th mark with 250kms on the trip meter.

In anycase - i was never worried about the FE - otherwise i would have got a m800/alto (no hard feelings to m800/alto owners - my dad owned one m800 couple of weeks back and it rarely let us down)

@ Rahul - sorry for this long post. take care and drive safe.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:52   #128
BHPian

Quote:
@ Rudrah, he is talking about the stone guard.

@ Rahul thanks for the PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
stone gaurd fiitted at Green Tracks here in bangalore.. mine is a 2006 1.2 ELX model.. i did not come with stone guard. it costed me 5.5K + 700 labour.. but the work done was precise.. they will drill the holes in tha car body to fit the screws... i still have respect for Green Tracks just b'cas of this work..
@Rocker
Oops my mistake! Thanks for the correction

@Sanjay
Thanks for the pics and the info you gave. 5.5k seems too high! Good Job thou. I'll see if i can fit after my car celebrates his 1st Birthday Not sure if the bottom door side have enough thickness to fit it!

Is the GC of Palio Stile same as the previous Palio?

Last edited by rudrah : 29th May 2009 at 14:57.
Old 29th May 2009, 15:09   #129
Senior - BHPian

^^ every thing is same on the running board Rudrah, just they have not welded the bolts inside the hole to fix the stone guard.

@sanjaymugur .... can you post some pics of the stone guard from the bottom when the screws have been fixed, if its not much of a trouble, thanks.

@Planet .... what sorry lol .... longer the post more informative it is
Old 29th May 2009, 15:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
^^ every thing is same on the running board Rudrah, just they have not welded the bolts inside the hole to fix the stone guard.

@sanjaymugur .... can you post some pics of the stone guard from the bottom when the screws have been fixed, if its not much of a trouble, thanks.

@Planet .... what sorry lol .... longer the post more informative it is

Aaaah what a way for cheap cost cutting!!

Even when i open the doors, the bottom part as 2 pairs small uncovered holes. I dont know what were in those in the earlier Palios!

Did u saw that?
Old 29th May 2009, 16:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

Source: finneyp's album

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-1.jpg

i think the stone guards are bolted to the markings (for placing the WJ) on the body from inside.

also see this (weekend side skirt):

General: Palio Weekend side skirts - The FIAT Forum

the SG seems to stuck to the body with some kind of adhesive tape.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th May 2009 at 16:30.
Old 29th May 2009, 17:01   #132
Senior - BHPian

^^ there are 5-6 screws in the bottom and on the top there is double sided tape so its close to the body on top side .....

@Rudrah yeah there are two hole IIRC but both are having black rubber cap, will check and confirm .
Old 29th May 2009, 22:20   #133
BHPian

@rudrah, 5.5K seems higher, but for me, PALIO without stone guard is a not a good looking car.. just look at Nissan Teanae, they have similar thing running there & it adds to the look...

@rahulkool, will post the pictures of the screw as & when i get my palio up the ramp...
Old 30th May 2009, 22:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

last time I checked at concorde the stone guard was 3k for the pair plus fixing
Old 1st June 2009, 12:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
last time I checked at concorde the stone guard was 3k for the pair plus fixing

even i got the same price at VST motors chennai .....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks