Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 16:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Complains
Problem 1: Left side AC vent broken(telling about this from 2nd service, more than 2 years i guess)
Problem 2: Third brake lamp replacement(the plastic part is warped due to heat and came off the socket, and can not be fixed back)
Problem 3: Noise from front right when going over uneven surface
Nice updates Rahul

Problem 1: there is a nice DIY by vijaycool : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-c-louver.html

Problem 2: search at the parts store - check if Retro Palio 3rd stop lamp is available, if not replace with Indica stop lamp unit (LED). last option - replace the yellow bulbs with red bulbs.

Problem 3: caliper pins in the palio do get loose over time on rough roads.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:03   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^Why didn't you claim the lower arm under warranty?
Car is already out of warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Nice updates Rahul

Problem 1: there is a nice DIY by vijaycool : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-c-louver.html

Problem 2: search at the parts store - check if Retro Palio 3rd stop lamp is available, if not replace with Indica stop lamp unit (LED). last option - replace the yellow bulbs with red bulbs.

Problem 3: caliper pins in the palio do get loose over time on rough roads.
Ya i did little DIY for the vent, which was good untill 2 months when one kid broke it again.

Looked at all places in chennai but nowhere to be found. I am planning to change the bulbs to red ones. already have remove the red warped plastic part, it kinda looks nice. But i am not sure about availability of the red bulbs as they are very tiny ones. are they available ?

thanks for the info man.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
already have remove the red warped plastic part, it kinda looks nice..
see if you can swap the bulb section with holder with the Indica LED unit.

wish you all the best
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car to 3M for cleaning recently. Got Interior cleaned with foam, that also included AC vent cleaning and 5 point check. It was for around 2500rs. Exterior i just got the cleaning + basic wax treatment done for 900rs.

Interior they have done a great job, It looks as good as new, the doorpads and seats look really different now.
only problem i have is the carpets were not cleaned properly. It actually worst than when gave the car, specially the rear carpet. Because rear seats are never been used in my car, i mean very rarely, when i check today morning carpets were little dirty. They didnt put any polish on the dashboard, after i told them they did put, reason given to me that polish will attract dust :-/

Exterior cleaning was good but wax treatment was horrible. Actually i didnt felt any wax on the car. I had arguments there with service people and after 15 mins of talking they told me that for basic waxing they use some cheaper 3M wax. It should have been conveyed to me before. here are few snaps, sorry for low quality phone cam snaps. anyways i was not charged(even though i insisted on paying few times) for waxing and only exterior cleaning was charged for 380rs.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0931.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0932.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0934.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0935.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0937.jpg

PS: The black patch on the doorpad is shadow not dirt.
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 20:23   #170
Senior - BHPian

Adding few more quality images, after 3M treatment :-)

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-front-right.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-front-side.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-interior.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-rear.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 00:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

Looks good, don't see why you made a fuss :P

wheres the numberplate? :O
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 17:07   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Looks good, don't see why you made a fuss :P

wheres the numberplate? :O
I know, next day when i saw the car i felt bad about the 3M people

removed the number plate, it looks better this way
Old 27th April 2012, 10:00   #173
BHPian

Guys, need help on my Palio 1.6 GTX 2003.

The car used to be a dream to drive, but now there are few problems which I am facing. Not sure if these are minor or major issues

1. There used to be mis-fire (like small explosion) when I start the car for the first time in the day and used to settle down after 2-3 minutes. Now the mis-fire (explosions) are constant and more pronounced. I can feel them under the thighs, on the steering wheels and on the pedals.

2. There is a lack of power. The pickup has gone down, while the FE remains constant. The engine struggles while overtaking and its remains at 3100 RPM while doing 100 KMPH. It used to be below 3K.

3. The engine noise has increased and there is vibrations on the steering wheel.

4. The power steering has become heavy from last 1 month on lower speed. It also feels sticky (doesn't come to normal positon, if I lift my hand). I can feel even the smallest of uneveness on the road.

5. There is a huge brake shudder, this has crept after the brake pad and disc was changed. Though braking remain as it is, the shudder can be felt even by the front passenger. I can feel the vibration on the brake pedal & steering.

The car has run 48000 KM and was serviced on 46500. The mechanic has used wurth engine oil this time.

Please suggest what I need to do

Regards
Old 27th April 2012, 17:57   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
1. There used to be mis-fire (like small explosion) when I start the car for the first time in the day and used to settle down after 2-3 minutes. Now the mis-fire (explosions) are constant and more pronounced. I can feel them under the thighs, on the steering wheels and on the pedals.
Check the lambda sensor - best way to check is to do a PU check done - compare with the previous report. get the timing checked by someone used to Palios - i guess you must be aware that the 1.6 has an interference type engine.

Quote:
2. There is a lack of power. The pickup has gone down, while the FE remains constant. The engine struggles while overtaking and its remains at 3100 RPM while doing 100 KMPH. It used to be below 3K.
go to a reliable mechanic and get the clutch checked. replace if required. check the rear brakes / hand brake play.
100kph at 3k rpm is ok. no point in overtaking a vehicle while you are in 4th / 5th gear in your GTX. these two are overdrives unlike in the S10.

Quote:
3. The engine noise has increased and there is vibrations on the steering wheel.
did you use the correct grade of engine oil (wurth)? is the car idling at 850 +/- 50 rpm? 1.6s run better on mineral oil - at best you can use semi-synthetic. change the mineral oil every 5000kms or once a year.

Quote:
4. The power steering has become heavy from last 1 month on lower speed. It also feels sticky (doesn't come to normal positon, if I lift my hand). I can feel even the smallest of uneveness on the road.
may be it is time to change the power steering lubricant. also check for correct tyre pressure. what is the tyre spec'? are you running on 175-65 R14?

Quote:
5. There is a huge brake shudder, this has crept after the brake pad and disc was changed. Though braking remain as it is, the shudder can be felt even by the front passenger. I can feel the vibration on the brake pedal & steering.
at speeds above 100kph? if yes, let the brakes bed in properly and check again. make sure the stretch is empty. play safe.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th April 2012 at 18:04.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 18:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There used to be mis-fire (like small explosion) when I start the car for the first time in the day and used to settle down after 2-3 minutes. Now the mis-fire (explosions) are constant and more pronounced. I can feel them under the thighs, on the steering wheels and on the pedals.
Check the ignition coil. Chances are, it has packed up.

I never had it so severe in my previous car, a Ford Ikon. The ignition coil died slowly and car was easily drive able as long as I do floor it hard. I could feel the missing though.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 11:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

Problem with AC - Fiat palio stile 1.6

I dont know below problem is related to this but i had recently got interiors cleaned from 3M, which included AC cleaning.

The AC has stopped working :(. After getting it from 3M it was working fine for 3-4 days then one day it didnt started when i again switched it off and switch on, *it started working. After that it happened 2-3 times when i have to switch it off and on couple of times to get it work. I thought some lose connection must be there. Now its not working, when i switch on the AC nothing happenes, compressor does not switches on. While driving AC *switches on for 5-10**secs randomly and that time cold air does come out :-/.

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem ?
Old 1st May 2012, 12:04   #177
BANNED

Re: Problem with AC - Fiat palio stile 1.6

Could be a connector inside the car which got messed up. Just check if all are snug.

If not then may be the clutch is playing up. Remove the connection to the AC clutch, and connect to the battery with a wire. It should click. If yes, then check the power coming to it, whether you get 12V on it or not. This is the most likely culprit.
Old 1st May 2012, 12:20   #178
BHPian

I agree, it is most likely a loose contact somewhere considering the fact that this happened only after the 3M interior cleaning. The vacuum pipe could have dislodged some wires below the glove box where the connections generally are.
Old 1st May 2012, 12:22   #179
BHPian

Get it checked at the *** or some good mechanic. Most likely it's a simple loose contact somewhere. Don't worry too much, it's just the AC
Old 1st May 2012, 12:35   #180
Senior - BHPian

Rahul - use a thin screw driver to open the facia of the dash and plug the connector behind the AC panel switch properly.

I have a similar problem in the GTX, but it is the fog light switch. Chillax, not a biggie issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks