Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 21:46   #211
BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Oh my God, Believe me, this is the most beautiful, Palio ownership thread I've read so far. I hope the car is still running without any problems.

Yesterday, I've rounded off a 2004 Palio D ELX. Most likely, I shall take the delivery in the next week. Am planning few mods to it, especially I love to read your inputs on the Music system. I would appreciate your recommendations on that. A CD player with Bluetooth and USB + Decent sounding speakers is all I need. Is there any way, we can control the Music system through the steering?
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 11:46   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Oh my God, Believe me, this is the most beautiful, Palio ownership thread I've read so far. I hope the car is still running without any problems.

Yesterday, I've rounded off a 2004 Palio D ELX. Most likely, I shall take the delivery in the next week. Am planning few mods to it, especially I love to read your inputs on the Music system. I would appreciate your recommendations on that. A CD player with Bluetooth and USB + Decent sounding speakers is all I need. Is there any way, we can control the Music system through the steering?
Hey, thanks for the comments. Car is doing absolutely fine and mechanically in perfect condition. Congrats on your ride :-)

I have a pioneer CD player, model is 4050 IIRC. It support playback through CD and USB pendrive. I have been using a 30gb ipod since the begining. It working fine.

I have infinity 6"(speaker, tweeter and crossover) components in front. It sounds decent, not as good as it used to but i don't mind as i enjoy the engine note more than the stereo, yes i still do even after so many years.

For steering controls i bought the pioneer steering remote controller working absolutely fine. Recently the mounting for the remote contoller torn off. I have done some jugaad with thick wire tie and mounted it on the wheel.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...trols/CD-SR100

Total spend
Stereo - ~5k
Speakers - 9.5k
Remote - 1.5k
Dont' remember the installation charges but wasnt more than 2k.

Got damping done couple of years back. Don't remember the cost.

Initially i though of installing a amp and sub in the car but never got around doing it. Didnt wanted to mess with interiors/eleteronics(i know its hardly anything and most of the cars have these installation but i prefer to keep the car stock, as much as possible. imo car stereo never sound good no matter how much you spend)

Few recent pics of the car after i did cleaning and polishing.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0666.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0660.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0656.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0657.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0662.jpg

Last edited by Rahulkool : 1st October 2015 at 12:05.
Rahulkool is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:51   #213
Senior - BHPian

The last update on this thread :(

Palio sold on 7th march and handed over to new owner on same day at 48k kms. Did a last 400kms highway drive on 6th march, even on the 7th march i was really in dilemma whether to sell the car or not, but it was time to move on. Car was sold without much hassle in less than a week after putting the ad. The first buyer who came to see the car bought it. he wanted to take the car same day but i insisted on monday as i wanted to take it for a drive one last time. Here are couple of pics from the sunday drive.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_1925.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_1929.jpg

The day it was sold, had cleaned and polished. Even the interiors i cleaned completely by myself.
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_1941.jpg

Last pic of the car.
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_1943.jpg

Things about to come, hopefully it will live upto the expectations

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_2082.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

Must be sad to see your Palio go! How much did you sell it for?

And are you upgrading to Punto Abarth? One heck of a car!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:08   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
The last update on this thread :(

Palio sold on 7th march...

The car looks absolutely amazing. I'd call you a liar if you showed me this car and said it was 8 years old. I was in the market for a used car mid-March and would have lapped it up without a second thought if it was still on the market. The new owner is extremely lucky!

Btw, congratulations on the new beast!
longsyntax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 10:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Must be sad to see your Palio go! How much did you sell it for?

And are you upgrading to Punto Abarth? One heck of a car!
Ya it was a tough decision. Took delivery of abarth few days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsyntax View Post
The car looks absolutely amazing. I'd call you a liar if you showed me this car and said it was 8 years old. I was in the market for a used car mid-March and would have lapped it up without a second thought if it was still on the market. The new owner is extremely lucky!

Btw, congratulations on the new beast!
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks