Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 19:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Chandam - get the brake / clutch fluid changed followed by proper bleeding - use DOT4 fluid only (TVS Girling yellow can)

Also it might be a good idea to bleed the power steering lubricant from both sides. top up as you bleed.

take care.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:47   #197
BHPian

re: Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Chandam - get the brake / clutch fluid changed followed by proper bleeding - use DOT4 fluid only (TVS Girling yellow can).
Planning to get the brake fluid changed this weekend with proper bleeding. Also planning to get the brakes pad, discs, calipers checked and refitting.

Quote:
Also it might be a good idea to bleed the power steering lubricant from both sides. top up as you bleed. take care.
Did this over the weekend while changing the alternator bearing & switch. Steerting is very light and not sticky anymore.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 11:40   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there seems to be a problem in between the AC switch and ac clutch at times.

IIRC there is a relay provided in the cabin fuse box - check the attached image, there is a AC relay if i am not wrong somewhere around the foglamp relay [12v]. check it. swap it with another relay [fog lamp / horn] and see if the ac works ok. if it does, buy a new relay with 4 pins & 12v. one of the 4 relays is an AC relay (image on the cover should help)

take care
Absolutely normal - fan relays (2nos) are fine.
Thanks a ton for suggestion mate but relays are fine i think, tested it this morning. Only thing remaining to be checked is the clutch. Is this clutch is inside the compressor ?
Old 16th May 2012, 13:52   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Thanks a ton for suggestion mate but relays are fine i think, tested it this morning. Only thing remaining to be checked is the clutch. Is this clutch is inside the compressor ?
so swapping the relays didnt help?

was anything done in the engine bay by the 3M guys? it may so happen that the ECU is not getting the correct voltage from the AC Clutch relay (cabin) and / or ECU not sending correct voltage to the heater panel.

Reset the ECU once - 1. pull out the negative terminal of the battery and 2. the two connectors of the ECU (after 1.) leave it for more than 3mins and plug them back.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:17   #200
Senior - BHPian

At last problem has been sorted out, thermostat was gone bad(i think it might be related to 3M cleaning at its located behind the AC blower, i am just guessing, cant say for sure).

Gave the car yesterday morning at 9am but they started the work only in the evening around 4pm. Reason given too many cars with AC problem, i don't see what is the whole point of making an appointment. anyways after calling the manager the whole process was smooth and i got regular updates from SA.

Today evening collected the car and AC is chilling . Here is the final bill.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-photo-3.jpg

Again floor mats was made dirty, which i had to complain and get it cleaned. After the last incident i usually change the floor mats and give for service but this time i forgot. The mats are beige color and they had managed to make is complete black, i am not joking it was complete black, both front mats. After cleaning they are kind blackish beige in color lol. And as a souvenir for this service a small dent in front driver door
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:58   #201
Senior - BHPian

Congrats at least you got things sorted out after all the drama
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 10:59   #202
BHPian

The brake shudder/judder is increasing by day on my 1.6 GTX. The shudder has increased so much that, my shoe sole rubbing against the brake pedal make a rubbery sound every time I gradually brake.

I have decided to replace the brakepads and discs with some good mechanic.

Planning to source the brake pads from Kava Automobile in Mumbai.

Need help on 2 things

1. Price of new brake pad and discs
2. good mechanic to fit in Bangalore.

Regards
Old 30th May 2012, 12:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

I paid 2k for Palio discs for my Stile and 1k for pads, you can check my ownership thread.

Brake judder sounds like your pads are thin and discs are warped
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 11:38   #204
Senior - BHPian

Got the 35k 7th service done yesterday at RDC motors chennai. Gave the car in the morning and got back same day evening. First time it was a good experience from Fiat, car was delivered in good condition. Asked them to change all oils and consumables. There was slight alignment issue with front bumper, which was taken care off.

Here is the service bills. Labour seems to be in higher side, i am not sure though, they told its lower than tata-fiat service used to be.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0691.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0692.jpg

Got the underbody coating done from 3M few months back.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0689.jpg

There was rust on the muffler, asked them to change it but part was not available. Again part availability is still a issue with Fiat but overall a very good experience.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0690.jpg

I am also thinking of getting the timing belt changed. should i change it ? car has done only 35k kms but its been more than 6 years.

EDIT - they did one goof up and used mineral engine oil, i had clearly told the SA selenia fully synthetic. But it was taken care off as soon as i told them, and oil was changed in 10 mins again.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 5th October 2013 at 11:42.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:58   #205
BHPian

@ Rahul -> Your coolant has not be replaced/changed 100%. Palio needs about 5-6 litres of coolant mix for complete refill. If you havent replaced your coolant completely, I suggest you do it at the earliest. 1 lts of coolant (premixed) looks like a top-up to me. Your muffler doesnt look to bad. Dont replace it as yet.
Also regarding belts, you should replace all belts as your car is 6 years old. Also change the tensioner bearings and have the pulleys inspected.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 15:39   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
@ Rahul -> Your coolant has not be replaced/changed 100%. Palio needs about 5-6 litres of coolant mix for complete refill. If you havent replaced your coolant completely, I suggest you do it at the earliest. 1 lts of coolant (premixed) looks like a top-up to me. Your muffler doesnt look to bad. Dont replace it as yet.
Also regarding belts, you should replace all belts as your car is 6 years old. Also change the tensioner bearings and have the pulleys inspected.
Thanks man, will get the coolant replaced later.
Belts i am planning to get from 99rpm and getting it replaced outside.
Old 8th December 2014, 17:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for general service on 30th oct at RDC fiat, 42k kms. With following problems reported.

Clutch not engaging sometimes, described the problem in detail here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3571938
Engine oil leaking, there was a very small leak near the engine oil filter.
Front bumper alignment.
Engine oil and filter change
Air filter change
Coolant change
Check all belts
Sometimes brake oil warning light glowing when accelerating
Rear tyre inner wear, told to check the rear suspension.

For clutch issue i got a call monday afternoon, they suggested to change the clutch kit, master cylinder and slave cylinder. Master cylinder was not available so that was ordered on tuesday and same reached the service center on saturday.
Everything else was also taken care off, except the rear tyre wear. they said everything is fine in suspension, its a alignment issue, which they have checked and sorted out. I am not sure if that is done as When i got the alignment done outside shop few months back they said the inner wear is because of suspension.

I reached the showroom around 3.45pm on 6th nov. when i reached there SA told me that starter is having some problem and making some noise. He asked in if can replaced i told them to go ahead. They tried to replace it with a new unit but after trying for 2 hours the SA told me that they dont have the correct starter replacement and the one they are trying to fix is 1.1 engine starter . All this took almost 3 hours. Finally got the car around 6.45 in the evening.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0657.jpg

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0673.jpg

Here is the final bill attached, Final bill was 24,3xx/- after 10% discount on labour.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0686.jpg

Engine bay after service, looking clean.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0675.jpg

Souvenir from the service, two dents on the rear hatch.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0676.jpg

Found this in the dashboard, i have no idea what is it, have to go and back and get it fixed.

Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms-img_0678.jpg

Interiors were relatively clean, had asked them to be careful at least 10 times. Overall it was a average experience, considering they managed to get the clutch mater cylinder in 4 days time and same day fixed and delivered the car.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 19:08   #208
BHPian

Oh.. you were the one that bottle had told me some issues with one of his friends car. So how is your car doing? Hope some day we all 1.6 owners from chennai can meet.
Old 11th December 2014, 16:36   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Oh.. you were the one that bottle had told me some issues with one of his friends car. So how is your car doing? Hope some day we all 1.6 owners from chennai can meet.
Ya should be about my car. after service its doing great

Sure we can organize a meet
Old 12th December 2014, 18:49   #210
BHPian

congrats; the red hatch truly still looks hot!
gibikote is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks