Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 13:40   #106
BHPian

Hey that's a new car again! Congrats!. And your avatar looks cool now- wet look and all.

BTW, the old doors did not seem beyond repair, though its best to replace, particularly with doors- otherwise you end up with rattles.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks man

anyways also got the second service done at 5k yesterday and the quality at VST motors has increase a lot. i booked 2 weeks back and asked them for two weeks later date coz i had done only 4.4k at that time. anyways now they say that they can get service within two days when you book and if they are not able to you can complain to given nos .

anyways i was giving time of 8:40 but reached there around 9:20 because of traffic, and i was surprised when i reached the service center, there wasn't any chaos and vehicle parked in random manner lol. rather than i got a chit from the security and was asked to park in a proper space. i gave the chit to reception and was attented within 5 mins and everything was done in 15-20 mins (previous time during first service it took around 1 hour and 30 mins).

also gave them 4L pack of valvoline 10w40 semi synthetic oil and asked them to change the oil filter. also got the interiors cheaned and exterior polished as promised while delivering the vehicle after accidents repair but coudn't get it done at that time coz i was in hurry.

he told me that he will update me about the service status at 2PM and let me know when i can take the car. well i got a call around 2:15 that i can collect it around 4:30, then again got a call at 4 that its ready.

well i reached there around 4:20 and service engineer was waiting for me at reception, after the payment for the oil filter which was 89rs, we went for a TD and everything seems ok.

well service cost was 89rs for oil filter and 900rs for valvoline oil. interior cleaning and polishing was pretty decent.

PS: mods please change the thread title to 5k kms update and move it to the long term review thread as i will be updating the thread regualy, thanks.
Old 15th March 2009, 13:00   #108

My FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is My New Born Baby

Congratulations for owning this Marvel and its great photographs with your initial inputs. Me too have booked FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (Carbon Black). Black is our (my wife, my Sons & myself) favourite colour for vehicles. The vehicle we booked has already arrived in Concorde Motors-Kochi Showroom and we are going to take delivery on this Saturday - 21st March (the most auspicious day) from Concorde Motors-Kochi. We also own a TATA Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black (full-option) purchased last year, which is really really superb in performance and great in look. Our King "Safari" gets a Queen "Stile" on this week. I shall come back and give my feedback thereafter.

Cheersssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Got my Palio 1.6 on 12th

Initially i was confused between Swift ZXi and Palio. Swift because of airbags and ABS. but after TDing the swift 3-4 times and Palio 1 time i was convinced for palio. dunmo but i felt very much comfortable in Palio. thanks to Bottle for letting me rip his palio and gmano to let me rip his swift. after driving the palio, swift felt very slow and lethargic specially bottom end torque which is awesome in palio. Anyways i was not going to use the vehicle much so mileage didn't bothered me much. and i also didn't liked the exterior of swift, somehow it looks more of a toy to me. but again this is personal opinion. Then the price of 1.6 made me close the deal with Palio in which i saved more tha 1L over Swift ZXi which will used to fuel palio lol.

at last i ordered the car 14th feb with advance payement and it was here in 2-3 days time but after that loan took long time so vehicle delivery was delayed.

Got it from VST motors chennai and i am very happy with their service. I was never asked/suggested to buy TATA vehicle lol. And the sales person i was assigned was very helpful, and during all the loan waiting thing always co-operated with paper work etc. if anyone is looking for FIAT vehicle in chennai PM me i will get you the contact nos.

They were supposed to deliver the vehicle on 7th but it was delayed because the bank agent had written 1.1 in the application dunno how because i have not given any info to him neither the showroom people :-/. Anyways finally i got it on 12th.

Reached the showroom in the morning around 10Pm where my car was kept covered for past 7-8 days(showroom guy got it covered coz people keep tocuhing the car as he told me hehe), before it was kept in their stockyard. there was another 1.6 in the showroom for past 2 months(some customers because of payement problems). so i noted down the chassis no and engine no of both vehicles, even in this the sales person was very co-operative lol.

Around 11 we went to RTO for registration and came back to showroom at 1 PM. after that it was lunch in the showroom so i had to wait. then around 2 0' Clock one guys started polishing the car. and wat a job he did, really awesome. he took around 3 hours to polish the car that includes exterior, interior and engine compartment. i was so bored that i told him to do it fast but polish job was really good. i gave him 100rs. the sales person told me that this polish job is charged rs 3000 and they were using very good polish, dunno how much truth was in that.

Then there was some problem in the driver side lock, something was cracked inside. and as always part was not available lol, but they replaced it from the other palio 1.6. Car was delivered to me around 6:30 with some puja and then sale person explained the controls to me which mostly i knew hehe. They also give me 10 litres fuel coupen, which was quit surprising.

From the showroom i straight went to the Tyres shop got the tyres changed to YOKO ES-100 . While getting the tyres changed met some officials from yoko japan. had a good talk with then got a pen as gift with yoko advan written on them. the guys asked if i am going to modify the vehicle(tho it was very difficult to understand his english lol). and he asked me to write a feedback to him about the tyres and asked me to switch to Advan next time lol .

Can't really compare these tyres to the OE because didnot drive much with OE tyres.

Haven't driven the vehicle much as its raining cats and dogs here from past two days and i have already bunked office many times in past 15 days because of the car hehe.

attaching some pics of the car. will post more this weekend.

Overall i really liked the service i got in VST, yesterday i went to take the registration no and given the sales person some sweets and gift. he was also very happy and was very upset that i didn't bring the car as he wanted to chk out the new tyres hehe.
Old 15th March 2009, 23:35   #109
BHPian

congratz muralidaran!
the 1.6 is a beast of a machine dude!
plz post pics when you get delivery
Old 18th March 2009, 12:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralidharan View Post
Congratulations for owning this Marvel and its great photographs with your initial inputs. Me too have booked FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (Carbon Black). Black is our (my wife, my Sons & myself) favourite colour for vehicles. The vehicle we booked has already arrived in Concorde Motors-Kochi Showroom and we are going to take delivery on this Saturday - 21st March (the most auspicious day) from Concorde Motors-Kochi. We also own a TATA Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black (full-option) purchased last year, which is really really superb in performance and great in look. Our King "Safari" gets a Queen "Stile" on this week. I shall come back and give my feedback thereafter.

Cheersssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah its a excellent car and i am totally satisfied with my choice, there was some problem in the service but it has improved a lot in past 1 year or so. i have done 11000kms so far and getting mileage or 9-10 in city with 100% AC and heavy foot never shift before 4k RPM , and sometimes when i am in mood 7k , highways i have got 13-14 with light foot once, otherwise its 11-12 but again i hardly shift to 5th and mostly car is in 3rd or 4th gear

have done the third service at 10000kms, there was some problem with the paint work after accidental damage on the passenger side door, which has been painted 2 times by VST motors because of rough patches which starts to appear after 1-2months of painting but this time they have assured me that it will not happen as they have done some chemical treatment from Dupont. The guys at the VST motors body shop were very helpful and car was always delivered in promised time.

congrats and please post the pics when you get the car .....
Old 16th April 2009, 12:49   #111
Senior - BHPian

car is going good and strong so far, this time paint is holding up good lol

so far its done 12k kms, went to bangalore this weekend and while returning got 16-17kmpl mileage(can confirm exact only when i do the tankful next) :o , it was tuesday afternoon so there wan't much traffic on GQ and i was doing 120-140kmph most of the time with 160+ couple of times. when i reached home i was surprised to see the fuel meter, usually quarter tank of fuel is left but this time it was half tank :o , but this time i was in 5th gear mostly otherwise its 3rd and 4th hehe. i guess it is excellent mileage by palio standards, if driven sanely at 80kmph it can be improved ......

Last edited by Rahulkool : 16th April 2009 at 12:54.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

^ if you want to drive at 80kmph get a maruti 800 man actually even that goes a lot faster
Old 17th April 2009, 08:14   #113
BHPian

thats a good mileage rahul.on highways it doesnt matter dude.
in the city drive with a light foot and try to upshift at low revs and use the clutch minimally.
play with the low end torque and you will see mileage improving.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

how on earth do you manage 9-10kpl (with 100% AC) in the city and that too shifting at 4K?

wish you 120K kms with lots of fun and track days in your 1.6! how are the es100s holding up after the track days?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 17th April 2009 at 13:08.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:15   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ if you want to drive at 80kmph get a maruti 800 man actually even that goes a lot faster
yeah right , don't you think nano will be better VFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
thats a good mileage rahul.on highways it doesnt matter dude.
in the city drive with a light foot and try to upshift at low revs and use the clutch minimally.
play with the low end torque and you will see mileage improving.
yeah but i am happy with what i am getting in city, having heard the horrow stories of palio mileage 9-10 is decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
how on earth do you manage 9-10kpl (with 100% AC) in the city and that too shifting at 4K?

wish you 120K kms with lots of fun and track days in your 1.6! how are the es100s holding up after the track days?
Thanks man, but its not like i always shift at 4k, in city traffic you have to shift early, high revving is done while driving in night time. normally i shift at 1500rpm in city.

tyres are as good as new and this time not much damage happened unlike last time when i had to change the tyres.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

dont listen to him.. its all lies, he starts off with clutch dumps and hits the rev limiter all the time.. his FE is 9-10 kmp2l
Old 18th April 2009, 11:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

i managed 8 kpl shifting at 2k with 50% AC. :(

anyways i gotto live with this till i exchange the 1.6 GTX with a 1.8R in the next *years.

wish you guys @ (bottle, rahul & rudrah) more happy miles in your 1.6.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 18th April 2009 at 11:23.
Old 18th April 2009, 13:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

^^ thats really low, i guess there is something wrong with you car, i have never got anything less than 9 in city with normal driving. worst i have managed is 7.9 but thats was redlining all the time. even on trackday i got around 8 with hitting the rev limiter endless times. have you done any mods ??
Old 18th April 2009, 17:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i managed 8 kpl shifting at 2k with 50% AC. :(

anyways i gotto live with this till i exchange the 1.6 GTX with a 1.8R in the next *years.

wish you guys @ (bottle, rahul & rudrah) more happy miles in your 1.6.

Thats quite low. With A/C on all the time i get around 9 in city (peak office traffic) and sometimes when I drive in free flowing traffic its a shade over 10.
Old 23rd May 2009, 00:12   #120
BHPian

Hai rahulkool,

many congratulation on the new car!!! we own a 2005 1.2 ELX, immensely satisfied with the car.

the new Palios come without the side body cladding fitted on earlier cars, are these available on the market?

and the ride height has also been jacked up, can the stock shocks be lowered or should new shocks be fitted?

I feel the Palio looks much nicer with the side cladding and the original ride height.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks