Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-3.html)

Congrats JK! That was a giant upgrade! Have fun!

Congrats Jk... Way to go, Btw nice number 5678!

congrats buddy and welcome to the truckers club.
btw thats a 'heavy' jump!!!!!hope u enjoin the beast as we all do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 760146)
BTW, is it a 4x4 ?

No My Mentor:)

A pic I guess thats unique for a stock Ex:)

Congrats JK! They say when it rains, it pours.

congrats JK, when do we get to see it?

when are you heading this way?

WOW jk, she's(or is it a he?) lookin beautiful in white!! Are u running on alloys? If not those are damn sexy rims!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 760555)
Congrats JK! They say when it rains, it pours.

Thanks Maggie:) Its being for last one week. I had tough time driving after I took delivery of her as it was after 7pm.

The front windscreen gets fogged fast in a rainy day. This is in comparison to the Santro I had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 760561)
congrats JK, when do we get to see it?

when are you heading this way?

Maybe this weekend I may visit Cochin. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 760575)
WOW jk, she's(or is it a he?) lookin beautiful in white!! Are u running on alloys? If not those are damn sexy rims!

No Mr.V for alloys:) They are on stock rims.

Driving impressions:

Manual says: till 1000- 1500Kms dont go more than 2000 rpm.

I did do once or twice though and hope its not going to be an issue.

Gears:

First gear hates being used, its short and its tough to put into first gear now and then. Same with reverse gear. Need to sort this when I go for service.

Its gallops from 1200 rpm and hence you cruise when it reaches 2000. Then you get into next higher gear which kills rpm by 500. Excellent as you are in the power band. You again go till 2000 and slot into next higher gear.

I was able to drive from 30kmph in 3rd gear @ 900rpm.

Yes, its a bit boomy between 1000-1200, then its goes off.

Maybe I am used to Santro higher seating position and its not so great handling. Safari didnt put a frown to my face at any time. It did take curves at decent speed than one said it cant. I can be squeezed like my old hatch and when you are in the power band, the way it pulls ahead is just awesome.

Tata, awesome engine!

Rest later...

Great. Congrats. Can you tell us price you paid and any discounts.
Also some photos of interiors. BTW the electronics display looks tempting. How do you make all the lights glow?

I may also jump to Safari from Santro (maybe limited bcos of moolah perspective...)

Congrats, JK! 'Anginey JK Pappanayi' <malluspeak, sorry>

Do drive down to Kochi soon :) We want to see her, and enjoy your treat :D

Nice!! What about further ICEing?

And more importantly....

When do i get a test drive :D

Congrats! Your vivid comments on most of the current threads are always a delight to read. I am sure you will soon share your views and first hand experience with your new Safari- the beast as its known on this forum.

JK congrats on your new love. Happy driving

Mr Das congrat's on the truck, pearl white is my favourite colour

P.S i somewhere read on the forum that you have already booked a
3.0ltr (old one) and awaiting delivery. what happend ?

Quote:

When do i get a test drive :D
Not only a test drive but some cheers: too..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 760747)
JK! 'Anginey JK Pappanayi' <malluspeak, sorry>

You mean, JK Paappaan (one who hordes the elephant, i.e: Mahout?)

@ J.K: How do you find the turning radius? That's the only thing i don't like about Safari :Frustrati

So, J.K when's the TREAT? :D