Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 781756)
do some photoshop and check if black will gel. I have a feeling it would. Maybe one with some mettalic effect.

just what my suggestion was goign to be. this way you can have an idea as to how it might look like.

Steeriod - will not painting in white be more an overhead on maintaining? Kerala is rain washed most of the time, so driving with a white rim will tend to show the mud more, isnt it?

Normal, will go away after some 3k of running-in.

The throttle foot holding up is not normal though, get it checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 781392)
There's some vibration creeping up on the clutch pedal when depressed, i don't knw if it's normal with all the Safaris. And also while changing gears after the engine crosses 1.8k rpm the revs don't fall as quickly, in other words while the clutch is depressed and foot of the throttle the revs still hold for some time. It might be normal with Safari, i don't know. Could someone tell if it's normal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 781716)
JK - do you want to try and get those alloys painted white? They need a paint job for sure, so why not make it white?

If you want a free tyre upgrade please check with v1p3r whether my Falkens are still lying in the garage. If yes, pick them up.

Will get in touch with him.

Odo @ 1640. Waiting for 1800!

An update

Filled in 61liters of normal diesel from Indian Oil. Didnt get time to buy System-D as most fuel bunks didnt have it.

The engine is smoother now. The roughness sure is gone. Its almost like petrol. I sure can feel this as I am used to petrol cars. Hail Indian Oil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 781392)
There's some vibration creeping up on the clutch pedal when depressed, i don't knw if it's normal with all the Safaris. And also while changing gears after the engine crosses 1.8k rpm the revs don't fall as quickly, in other words while the clutch is depressed and foot of the throttle the revs still hold for some time. It might be normal with Safari, i don't know. Could someone tell if it's normal?

Yes I also get some vibration creeping up thro the Clutch Pedal.

Yes, the Revs do not fall as quickly. I brought this to the notice of TM personnel after my TD. They said it is normal. They suggested that I change my driving style. :)

I am not able to locate the email that they had sent in this regard, I guess that it would be in my home PC. Will search for it and post it if found.

This thread is growing buddie.Which alloys JK,any pics.You are doing your rounds in tvm and i expect you for the next meet even if its not 1800 kms.Did you start any job on her buddie.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingshukt (Post 781828)
Yes I also get some vibration creeping up thro the Clutch Pedal.

Yes, the Revs do not fall as quickly. I brought this to the notice of TM personnel after my TD. They said it is normal. They suggested that I change my driving style. :)

I dont feel so as Sankar felt. He did rev beyond 2.5k at times:). Maybe coz of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 781833)
Which alloys JK,any pics.
ram

Aura F11665. The one that come with VX models.

Check it at Suman's gallery. 2006 Safari Dicor VX The Arctic Silver Beast 4x4 - suman's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Before i drive jk's safari my impression was different.For 10L safari is amazing.I could rev more than 2000rpm it was on running in period.
Good drivablity.
For a SUV it has got nice suspension.
Very good power.
JK hope 1st service is over.I want to drive again.Last time i wasnt comfortable driving below 2000rpm:D.

JK, you are eating on the miles at a good pace. I am amazed how you are averaging 100kms a day! Is Thiruvananthapuram a big city? Where do you drive so much dude? BTW, the 2.2 with OEM alloys will rock. I always have liked the OEM alloys of the Safari. They look soothing and according to me are the best suited alloys for the Safari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 781977)
Before i drive jk's safari my impression was different.For 10L safari is amazing.

you can say that again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 781977)
For a SUV it has got nice suspension.

Oh coome ooon!!!! the suspension is brilliant for any car, not just for an SUV. have not felt a more comfortable ride over rough roads in any other car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 782043)
JK, you are eating on the miles at a good pace. I am amazed how you are averaging 100kms a day! Is Thiruvananthapuram a big city? Where do you drive so much dude? BTW, the 2.2 with OEM alloys will rock. I always have liked the OEM alloys of the Safari. They look soothing and according to me are the best suited alloys for the Safari.

trivandrum is'nt that big, but knowing jk... he's probably just waiting for an excuse to drive down to varkala and cherthala.

hey JK .. the black rims would be too much of a contrast with your car color. if you could get the same body color done it would look fabulous ! or if you want to go for a darker color you can have it painted the same color as part of your tyre cover at the rear .. that shade of grey..it would look nice with those rims ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by A S H V I N (Post 782118)
if you could get the same body color done it would look fabulous !

This is what I suggested as well. Same Pearl White finish with two coats of MRF Clear over it so that the paint stays undamaged when you clean the rims. Will look great with those ear studs of yours, JK - v v pimped out!

A smoked silver finish for the alloys also should look good with Pearl White instead of a pure black paint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 782125)
This is what I suggested as well. Same Pearl White finish with two coats of MRF Clear over it so that the paint stays undamaged when you clean the rims. Will look great with those ear studs of yours, JK - v v pimped out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 782208)
A smoked silver finish for the alloys also should look good with Pearl White instead of a pure black paint.

Will ask someone to do a neat PS job and will decide.

Just back from a drive. My friend and TBHPian was following in a VDi. For the first time I made my Safari's tyre squeak! Maybe coz I am used to Santro's high sitting position and tall boy design, I loved the way Safari took curves at 2000rpm in 4th gear. Sweet. Now I know that old Safari advt can be done with more experience and better tyres. My beast got the first kiss from me!

saw you on the Thycaud road a couple of days ago. Nice road presence :D

Crossed 1800 sometime last week. We went for a trip to Neyyar dam on full load. Loved the drive. Even took 10 (of course including me) on some nice turns and elevated roads. On way found that water was dripping drop by drop from the roof blower. Need to check this later this week.

Will post some videos and photos we took during the drive later on.

Today since Zak was in town and as he couldnt drive down , I went to visit him along with Jerrish. Those who had been to Zak's place at Tvm will surely try Tokyo drift in whatevr car they drive :).

I did try my best when I went up for the first time in the Safari. After picking up Zak and his new accompany! we drove till town but had to return back. This time with 4 abroad the Safari did some neat wheel spin.

Bad that Zak couldnt drive my Safari. I am waiting for Jerrish's report as he took the steering on the way back.