Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/36980-tata-safari-2-2l-1-5-lakh-kms-reclaiming-continues-without-extended-warranty-update-now-sold-15.html)

Happy Vishu to you too JK. But where did you take the photo of the Kanikonna? Most trees would be stripped prior to Vishu.

JK,

You safari looks beautiful. So you got your high security number plates.

Can you take a close up snap and show what is exactly the difference with respect to an ordinary plate (if it is visible in a snap).

And happy Vishu to all. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 794497)

I also do zigzag in my Safari coz I know how she handles now. Maybe I have said this earlier, I zig zag it the way I used to do it with my Xing. Xing with those Pontenza G111 rocked. Braking handling on turns were excellent in Xing with those tyres. Maybe I can do turns at more higher speeds than what I can currently do now. This doesnt mean Safari cant take turns at high speeds,it can. It can (and will) do it.

Jk
Just remember its still a SUV.
Drive Safe.

Anyways HAPPY VISHU

Great pictures, especially the last one. Ummmahh!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by srijit (Post 794567)
Happy Vishu to you too JK. But where did you take the photo of the Kanikonna? Most trees would be stripped prior to Vishu.

Near Alapuzha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigzero (Post 794535)
Terrific Snaps, jkdas! Safari in a Vishu mood :-)

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 794603)
JK,

Can you take a close up snap and show what is exactly the difference with respect to an ordinary plate (if it is visible in a snap).

Happy Vishu.

Will post pix of it later today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 794613)
Jk
Just remember its still a SUV.
Drive Safe.

Anyways HAPPY VISHU

I know pal. What I meant was i do what's possible and not in heavy traffic or so. Come on I aint a kid. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 794622)
Great pictures, especially the last one. Ummmahh!!

AH! umma my Safari !!! lol.

Happy Vishu JK, great pix you got there....:)
BTW what tires you are planning to buy for the upgrade mission?

Happy Vishu...Superb pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas (Post 794804)
Happy Vishu JK, great pix you got there....:)
BTW what tires you are planning to buy for the upgrade mission?

Steer is gifting me his old Falkens :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 794891)
Steer is gifting me his old Falkens :)

"oooooh boy!" :D

how much have they run? and btw, what is steer running on now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet (Post 794936)
what is steer running on now?

Michelin Synchrones.!

Hey JK - I do not know how I missed this thread, Been in and out of Tbhp for a while.

Congrats on your new ride !! It looks fantastic !!! These pics are great. I have always been a very big fan of the Safari BUT someone or the other always discourages me against buying one.

Maybe one day !!! :)

Ooh Boy - Falkens' - What are you going to do with the current set then ?

These number plates doesnt make sense at this point of time since when the govt comes with a regulation, you will have to go to an authorised vendor and get them affixed using a tamper proof screw (so that you cannnot remove yourself) and if you try to, the screw cannot be used again and its seal is broken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 794603)
JK,

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 795012)
Ooh Boy - Falkens' - What are you going to do with the current set then ?

Jk is gonna deflate it a little say 14psi and put it in his Alto as 12" tyres..:uncontrol:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 794497)
I also do zigzag in my Safari coz I know how she handles now. Maybe I have said this earlier, I zig zag it the way I used to do it with my Xing. Xing with those Pontenza G111 rocked. Braking handling on turns were excellent in Xing with those tyres. Maybe I can do turns at more higher speeds than what I can currently do now. This doesnt mean Safari cant take turns at high speeds,it can. It can (and will) do it.

jk, as dadu has already pointed out, maybe you should alter the santro style a bit, now you are in different teritorry :-)

though i'd not like to try myself, it is anyway good to know that safari can take some criss-cross.. was hard to believe the tass people when they said that tata had some offer way back that if anyone topples a safari, they'd replace the toppled vehicle with a new one! pretty confident statement it seemed, but again, wife's cousin survived 5 rolls of the safari driving at night. he is still driving the same vehicle, an ex 3l, no probs apart from some rattles that he is constantly fixing and no one was badly hurt fortunately too, all thanks to seat belts.. so i am still not pretty sure and would not try very hard :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by aburagohain (Post 795078)
was hard to believe the tass people when they said that tata had some offer way back that if anyone topples a safari, they'd replace the toppled vehicle with a new one! pretty confident statement it seemed, but again, wife's cousin survived 5 rolls of the safari driving at night. he is still driving the same vehicle, an ex 3l, no probs apart from some rattles that he is constantly fixing and no one was badly hurt fortunately too, all thanks to seat belts.. so i am still not pretty sure and would not try very hard :D

Did your wife's cousin approach the TASS for a new Safari Abu? :D