Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 13:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jayant.last time we tried Green tracks. Servicing was just okay. So wanted to try hariprasad next time.

Anyways, i will advice this to my cousin!

Have nice time with your read beauty
Old 15th February 2010, 15:37   #62
BHPian

Hey Jayant,

I am servicing my car at Venkatesh from last 1.5 years. I did post this in another thread here during last year

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1320781-post18.html

he is trustworthy and seems to have lot of knowledge on FIAT vehicles.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:42   #63
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hey Jayant,

I am servicing my car at Venkatesh from last 1.5 years. I did post this in another thread here during last year

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1320781-post18.html

he is trustworthy and seems to have lot of knowledge on FIAT vehicles.
Yes, agree with you. In fact I recommended him to another friend of mine who has a Palio D and he was also satisfied with Venkatesh's effort. Like me, he used to get it serviced at Hariprasad as well.

But Venkatesh did not have garage last year, right? But he did tell me he had a small place closeby to service his regular customer's cars. Probably you were going there?
Old 15th February 2010, 16:51   #64
BHPian

Yep! you guessed it right. He was servicing the car near his home during the weekends after working for Hariprasad in the day time. One good quality that I appreciate him is for his honest analysis of the issue. I have seen him charging high couple of times to me. But that is okey since he would ensure that the problem does not appear again. So thought there should be some money paid for the acquisition of the knowledge!!!

It is also a fact that most of the FIAT A.S.S mechanics do not even know basics of problem analysis and they believe in replacing the entire units instead of fixing the problem.

I believe end of the day, we save money since we would have replaced only the necessary parts
Old 15th February 2010, 20:28   #65
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't agree more with you. In fact, before replacing the parts he showed where the fault lies and how it can be rectified. I too felt the charges were on the higher side but totally forgot it about once I laid my hands on the car. It was riding beautifully.

Hope we can meet sometime at his place
Old 16th February 2010, 10:44   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yep! you guessed it right. He was servicing the car near his home during the weekends after working for Hariprasad in the day time. One good quality that I appreciate him is for his honest analysis of the issue. I have seen him charging high couple of times to me. But that is okey since he would ensure that the problem does not appear again. So thought there should be some money paid for the acquisition of the knowledge!!!

It is also a fact that most of the FIAT A.S.S mechanics do not even know basics of problem analysis and they believe in replacing the entire units instead of fixing the problem.

I believe end of the day, we save money since we would have replaced only the necessary parts

@Ravi: would you please provide me with the contact details of Mr. Venkatesh. Thanks in advance
Old 16th February 2010, 10:45   #67
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Ravi: would you please provide me with the contact details of Mr. Venkatesh. Thanks in advance
Please check post 60
Old 16th February 2010, 15:37   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Couldn't agree more with you. In fact, before replacing the parts he showed where the fault lies and how it can be rectified. I too felt the charges were on the higher side but totally forgot it about once I laid my hands on the car. It was riding beautifully.

Hope we can meet sometime at his place
Sure Jayanth. am going this friday for 80K service of my car. Will update my experience after the service is done
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:11   #69
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I paid a visit to my friends place at Purva Fountainsquare @ 4pm. While waiting for him to pick me near the gate, I had switched on my hazard lights. After parking in the visitor's parking area, I forgot to switch it off. The lights were gloriously glowing all the way till 11pm

The battery got drained and refused to start. It was too late to try jugad and decided to call FIAT roadside assistance next morning. My friend dropped both me and my wife all the way back to my house.

This morning, called the road side assistance number. After noting down the details of my chassis number and model, the lady over the phone said this model will not be covered under the free assistance but will be charged Rs. 250. I said to go ahead. The call was made @ 9.30am. @9.35 am, the same lady called and included another guy in conference. The guy and me discussed the situation and decided to meet at the Fountainsquare at 10.00-10.15am. I reached there at 10.00am and the guy/dervice provider at 10.20 am. This sure was a battery drain problem. He jump-started it. The battery is already 4 years old and he suggested to change the same. I said, what the heck, lets change. Don't want to get in another similar change for I won't get good friends all the time to drop me.

Went to his place but there was no stock of Amaron. He decided to check out Exide and no stock there as well. Since the battery was slightly charged, I decided to take a chance and drove to the office.

I'm just hoping the car won't die again in the evening. So, the roadside assistance is not bad and I was surpirsed by the quick turnaround.
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:20   #70
BHPian

Hey Jayant, It should be fine and do check the current ratings and voltage levels whenever you get a chance. I have replaced my old battery with Amaron and it is really good so far.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:03   #71
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Jayant, It should be fine and do check the current ratings and voltage levels whenever you get a chance. I have replaced my old battery with Amaron and it is really good so far.
Actually Ravi, I'll change it over the weekend. It is high time for a replacement. Thankfully, the car did not die on me last night but I don't want to take chance in future. This current one is an Amaron Din 50. Have you replaced with the same one?
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

i replaced my GTX's battery last month - opted for Exide DIN50 / 50Ah - since the previous battery was also 50Ah and manual recommends 50Ah.

Some palio owners are using DIN55 / 55Ah without any problems.

With load - 14.5amp
Without load - 14.7amp

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd February 2010 at 11:18.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:24   #73
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i replaced my GTX's battery last month - opted for Exide DIN50 / 50Ah - since the previous battery was also 50Ah and manual recommends 50Ah.

Some palio owners are using DIN55 / 55Ah without any problems.

With load - 14.5amp
Without load - 14.7amp
Thanks Planet. How much did Exide cost you?
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Battery Details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1702645-post47.html

Read it all here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ns-prices.html
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:34   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Actually Ravi, I'll change it over the weekend. It is high time for a replacement. Thankfully, the car did not die on me last night but I don't want to take chance in future. This current one is an Amaron Din 50. Have you replaced with the same one?
I have got Amaron Din 60. Since I use the subwoofer most of the time, they said it would be good to stick to Din-60 instead of Din-50. So bought it and it did cost me around 6.4K abt 6 months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks