Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 19:54   #121
BHPian

thats like a true gentleman.. really appreciate the way you have taken charge of the situation and accepted your fault. if we had some thing like brownie points to gift on the forum, I would have surely give u a few . hope your palio is back in shape soon and you have more happy miles to clock with this beauty. take care and safe driving
Old 10th May 2010, 09:12   #122
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

It was the least I could do to the folks. Their car got banged for no fault of theirs. Lets hope the palio is back in shape and then I'll be more than happy to post some happy news
Old 10th May 2010, 11:16   #123
Senior - BHPian

Jayant thats a bad one, but you did the right thing!

btw has the "radiator fan" got damaged?
Claiming insurance?
Old 10th May 2010, 11:29   #124
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

btw has the "radiator fan" got damaged?
Claiming insurance?
Thankfully, the work done on the fan is intact. So no more pocket drilling there. The main cost drivers are radiator and AC condenser which itself will be around 15K. Rest all is Body work and labour. Headlights will have to replaced as well.

Yes I'm claiming insurance.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

Wish your GTX a speedy recovery. I am sure your car will come in good health. all the best.

Keep us updated.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:38   #126
Senior - BHPian

thats nice!

btw how much does the ac condenser cost? i know someone who sourced it from tass it costed him about 25k!

Am sure car will be crisp in some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Thankfully, the work done on the fan is intact. So no more pocket drilling there. The main cost drivers are radiator and AC condenser which itself will be around 15K. Rest all is Body work and labour. Headlights will have to replaced as well.

Yes I'm claiming insurance.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:13   #127
BHPian

Hi JVH,

Any updates on the repairs. I saw your car in Venkatesh's workshop last week to get the timing setup done and he did explained me the whole thing. Its really bad when Palios go to workshop for these works. very hard to get the parts in time. AC condenser would cost around 17K when I heard abt it last time.

Wish your car a speedy recovery dude. Do post the updated pics once the car is back
Old 10th May 2010, 19:40   #128
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats nice!

btw how much does the ac condenser cost? i know someone who sourced it from tass it costed him about 25k!

Am sure car will be crisp in some time!
Thanks Lohith! I hope it does get to me fast. I remember Venkatesh mentioning 15 K. But I'll confirm once everything is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hi JVH,

Any updates on the repairs. I saw your car in Venkatesh's workshop last week to get the timing setup done and he did explained me the whole thing. Its really bad when Palios go to workshop for these works. very hard to get the parts in time. AC condenser would cost around 17K when I heard abt it last time.

Wish your car a speedy recovery dude. Do post the updated pics once the car is back
Thanks Ravi. He seemed confident about the parts. Don't know how he arranges it. Should be able to update by this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Wish your GTX a speedy recovery. I am sure your car will come in good health. all the best.

Keep us updated.
Thanks Planet. Will surely update by this Saturday.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:28   #129
Senior - BHPian

wishes from one palio owner to another, because we truly know hard it is to source damaged components compared to these people driving japs
Old 13th May 2010, 10:03   #130
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
wishes from one palio owner to another, because we truly know hard it is to source damaged components compared to these people driving japs
Lol Vinay! Thanks and rightly said and it still doesn't stop us from considering em Japs

Update -
Venkatesh had called me yesterday and promised that the car will be ready by Friday or latest by Saturday morning. Lets hope he keeps his word.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:03   #131
Senior - BHPian

Got the fan motor fixed, but there is vibration when the motor is at full speed. the mech says that there is a slight bend in the fan which is causing it.

Now is it sensible to drive with this? wont there be any stress on the motor?

else i need to source just the fan, now getting the right fit is a challenge need to have a look at the fan i rem it looked similar to jayant's gtx fan.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:35   #132
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now is it sensible to drive with this?
No Lohith! Once and for all, it is advisable to get that fixed too. Why take a risk?
Old 17th May 2010, 10:32   #133
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Tha Car is back!

Some happy news at last!

The car was ready on Saturday morning. The Body work turned out to be decent and I wouldn't mind coming here or recommending others if they were to carry out some body work. Upon close examination, I could see few mis-alignments but it was upon real close examination. I thought I could live with this for the moment and this can be taken up in future.

Now comes the test drive. This was something which I was worried about since I didn't know what impact the shunt had on the mechanicals because the car never started after the shunt. My immediate observation upon starting the car and engaging the 1st gear was a slight dashboard shudder. This was for a split second or a second at the max. The famous 1.6 torque was also less prominent. I voiced this concern to Venkatesh. He told me to drive for a week or two and if the problem still persists, get the car again. Apart from this the car drove like a charm and I realized how much I missed this during the last 3 weeks. Except for that 1st gear judder, everything was perfect.

He did some more work on the fan motor to set the timing right. Am not really sure what that means, But the fan's sound now is almost inaudible even on full speed.

All in all, I was a happy customer after I took the car back. The 1st gear shudder was also less prominent yesterday when I drove to Bannerghatta national park and back to my residence - roughly about 70kms.

Here are a few pics of the body work done. The last one shows Venkatesh and Vardhan (the body work guy)
Attached Thumbnails
Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-img00059201005150951.jpg  

Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-img00060201005150952.jpg  

Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-img00061201005150952.jpg  

Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-img00067201005151049.jpg  

Old 17th May 2010, 10:50   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Some happy news at last!

The car was ready on Saturday morning. The Body work turned out to be decent and I wouldn't mind coming here or recommending others if they were to carry out some body work.....

.....Here are a few pics of the body work done. The last one shows Venkatesh and Vardhan (the body work guy)
Glad that your GTX is up and from the pics it looks like a real good work was done !! Congratulations

I would like to know where is this Venkatesh's work shop. Does he do mechanical stuff as well ? Where did you get the mechanical repair work done ?

I am having a few niggles in my palio 1.2, which i want to address..
also, how much did the Head Light assemble cost you ? Where did u source it from ? Mine is a pre-NV palio (no motor in the Headlight assembly).. I guess even u would have a similar setup.. what did it cost for the Assembly and labour ?

Please do help me out with this information
Old 17th May 2010, 10:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

cars looking good, congrats. They still have retro palio headlights in stock ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks