Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2013, 17:32   #781
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Hey Captain Slow, turns out you were right. Ever since I posted the incident which was the basis of my conviction, I had a nagging feeling about the 'Name' of the bulbs. Since a lot of time had lapsed and my research on the products bought around the time was buried in an external HDD compatible with my (since sold) windows based laptop and me having bitten the apple, it took some time for me to access the information. Be that as it may, it turns out the bulbs were the Philips Xtreme and not the Crystal, mea culpa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
the Cedia doesn't come with Philips crystal visions.
While the Sport's bumper + skirting kit will be a plug n play in the Spirit, it will be pretty expensive. The two in unpainted condition will be around 35~40K from the A.S.C. and I am not even adding up the clips (which are difficult to source outside), painting and labor charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
I would like to change the tail lamps to the white one and also change both the bumpers to the CEDIA SPORT type. Will it be too tough to fit the SPORT type bumpers on a CEDIA SPIRIT

Most probably it will be a loose or dirty contact, air bag units themselves are pretty well built and generally fail safe. Did you by any chance get any work done on your horns, the bag's crash sensor is mounted up front behind the bumper next to the horns.

Here is the overall location
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dsc02468.jpg

and here you can see the sensor (the black capsule) and the horn is right below, it's curvature is visible on the left hand below the sensor
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dsc02470.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
I just noticed another issue after the PATHETIC 40K Service at Mitsubishi ASS.
I see the SRS red indicator coming up within 1 minute of starting the engine !!
DO you think its a connector problem or some Heavy expense to get the air bags replaced!!

Last edited by khoj : 2nd June 2013 at 18:00.
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:42   #782
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Yes the car is very expensive to maintain...
Talk about it....

Quote:
The original tail lights from mitsu are 9-10K each! The bumper will be another ridiculous 30K
Well, that is much cheaper than the headlights - less than 50% the cost I would say. Get imported ones instead. Performance of tail lights is not that that important compared to the headlights, in my opinion. So Stanley is not really necessary.

Updates from my side:
Got the entire clutch set, air filter and 4 spark plugs for Rs. 12300 from Mumbai.
This time I am going to visit Tune Up guys to get the car serviced (1.2 lac KM service).
I have got the brake pads as well from outside market and will get them installed. Plus considering throttle body cleaning as well.

For the AC, I have checked with several AC guys for the heater core cleaning, but no one is ready to get it done without opening up the dashboard. Plus the costs are not much lesser than the A.S.S.
However, recently I was told that if I go with the core cleaning then I need to refill the AC gas as well. So total cost would be around 6K. Now, it is not worth it for me to put that money since I am already past summer here in Pune.

Also what is the correct wiper size? I will get it from outside market.
Old 8th June 2013, 23:48   #783
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back today after the real 1.2 lac km service (though the odo is 1.16 lac at the moment).

Major work done: Clutch set change, gear box clean up, gear oil top up, blower cleanup, AC refrigrant top up, spark plug change, coolant change, brake oil change, front brake pads replaced, rear break pads clean up, brake servicing, calipers serviced and some other minor bits.

The car feels like a new car with a very soft clutch and a very smooth gear shift. Never experienced this before on this car.
I will have a outstation trip next weekend and will test more.

At the moment, I need two things:
1. New wiper blades. What are the correct sizes? 18 and 24?
2. Something to cover the car below the wiper region, since I park under the tree.

I also need to get two interior changes:
1. Seat covers: Due to cost, I will either have to choose the cloth based or the cloth+ PU leather based. There is something made of jute, but I have not seen that in person.
2. Mats: The current mats are not enough to prevent the carpet from getting dirty.
Will 3D mats help, especially for the region behind the front seats?
Old 9th June 2013, 21:39   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Major work done: Clutch set change, ... calipers serviced and some other minor bits.
Do you have any picture of the front and rear calliper pins taken out. I want to source them here but need exact pics. there seems to be two different ones available for the rear ones. Also, what make is the clutch set, Exedy, depo, Asian, or any other.

Quote:
1. New wiper blades. What are the correct sizes? 18 and 24?
Yes, I got these sizes

Quote:
2. Something to cover the car below the wiper region, since I park under the tree.
Why not get the ac filter. I have one for nearly 2 years now and it working. Needs cleaning every 2 months. Buy now, with me away, I don't think anyone cleaned it.

OT: the car, I am told is in a little bad shape. The ralliart pedal of the clutch has come off, no one cared. The right ts20 tweeter has come off, again no one cared. The coolant got low last week, again no one cared. The car's AC tripped and that when the driver realised that the heat needle was going up, over the half level but not too high. He had to add nearly 2 Litres of water. The car was checked at Asian Motors and no leaks were found. Also, I suspected internal leak but sanjay at Asian Motors checked and said it doesn't look like it. The coolant level has not gone down since then.

The driver hit the car somewhere from front and the front cross was bent and bumper was dislocated. The bumper was hitting the tyre while turning. My brother had to get the bumper off, get the front cross straightened and then get the bumper back again.

The right axle, I am told is making noise. Last year it was the left one.

Lastly, No one put water in the Bosch battery and it dried up and went kaput. My brother in law was so angry at our driver after all this but couldn't do anything. Some new battery has gone in.

In btw: my brother in law was kind enough to top up the engine oil last week after the coolant incidence, after 9k kms, the engine galloped nearly 7-800 gms of oil. Castrol Edge again, costed 700 for 1 L. The car will be driven nearly 3-4k kms more and I will hopefully be coming back in august and getting things sorted.

I am simply .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th June 2013 at 21:45.
Old 9th June 2013, 22:46   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Do you have any picture of the front and rear calliper pins taken out.
I don't think I have those. But I will have to look up on my main computer, but at the moment I cannot do so.

Your best option is to remove the pins and take them to market. :(

Quote:

I want to source them here but need exact pics. there seems to be two different ones available for the rear ones. Also, what make is the clutch set, Exedy, depo, Asian, or any other.
I have part numbers for the caliper pins and the full kit. Do you want those? I can send the spreadsheet via attachment perhaps?

I am attaching pictures of the new clutch set and the spark plugs.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100620.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100841.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100820.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100758.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100746.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100714.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100708.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130602_100656.jpg
Also attaching a few pictures of the original/ removed clutch set just for comparison.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130609_080341.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130609_080349.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130609_080358.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130609_080439.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130609_080504.jpg

Quote:

Why not get the ac filter. I have one for nearly 2 years now and it working. Needs cleaning every 2 months. Buy now, with me away, I don't think anyone cleaned it.
I searched for the AC/ pollen filter. The A.S.S. does not have it and my contacts in Pune and Mumbai cannot also source it for me. Last I heard it was around Rs 2400. To be honest, I still don't know what it does. I never had air pollution felt inside the cabin, and try to drive with windows rolled up.
I don't use any air freshner or perfume in the car. Never felt the need - no smell what so ever.
Now that I am planning to go for PU Leather + Pure Leather OR cotton seat covers or something else, I suspect I might need an air-fresher or something, since I have experienced smell in all cars with cloth/ synthetic material.
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 23:55   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have part numbers for the caliper pins and the full kit. Do you want those? I can send the spreadsheet via attachment perhaps?
Yes, the part number would be great. Can you email them to me. I will PM you the address. Thanks.

Quote:
I am attaching pictures of the new clutch set and the spark plugs
That's an OE exedy clutch set and that too with HM marking. Where did you manage to get that. Looks like some one from HM has been supplying to after market. They don't have parts in stock at the service center but can manage to get them sneaked to after market

I was checking ebay US and the cost of set was $120 plus $100 shipping, that nearly 12k.

Quote:
To be honest, I still don't know what it does.
It will take care of leaves from entering the car and blocking the evaporator coil.

Quote:
Now that I am planning to go for PU Leather + Pure Leather OR cotton seat covers or something else, I suspect I might need an air-fresher or something, since I have experienced smell in all cars with cloth/ synthetic material.
Cloth or genuine leather is good but PU IMHO is bad. We have it in Polo and it SUCKS.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th June 2013 at 23:57.
Old 10th June 2013, 00:30   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car back today after the real 1.2 lac km service (though the odo is 1.16 lac at the moment).
2. Mats: The current mats are not enough to prevent the carpet from getting dirty.
Will 3D mats help, especially for the region behind the front seats?
Wow 1.16L KM? May I ask where did you get all this work done and the total cost? Can you separate the parts and labour?

Does you car have the caliper issue? i.e the calipers rattling a lot?

Can you please tell me where you got the caliper pins? A friends ceida which has done about 60K KM has the caliper rattling issue and we are not able to find the parts for it.

Yes please do post the complete list in Excel will be helpful to everybody

The AC polan filter is now 3,400 something from the A.S.S

You can install an AC cabin filter easily, I did so myself here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tallation.html
Old 10th June 2013, 13:54   #788
Senior - BHPian

S_U_N am I correct in assuming that you got the parts from Mars in Opera house. If so do provide the contact persons details. Did you specifically ask for Exedy or is that the standard supply. Do let me know the bearing make. Are the spark plugs made in Japan too? Request you to mail the above information and whatever else you will be sharing regarding the spares to my email id "khoj@email.com", thanks in advance for the same.

Coming to the in cabin AC filter. This is a pollen filter but in our environs it can & does stop a lot of small leaves, twigs and assorted kachra from entering the ac coil unit. The same sized filter is used in the Pajero,Outlander etc and the A.S.S. should have them for sure. In all probability they would not even be aware of the same being used in the Cedia.

As for the seat covers, unless your seat's covers are torn I would recommend a professional cleaning and steaming of the seats along with the carpet and the roof liner. Somehow i have never been a fan of aftermarket seat covers.

Similarly regarding the mats, you would do well to to get the 3M Nomad mats with loop design. A few friends have these in their cars. The beauty of these is that they entrap dirt as well as liquids too within the loops away from the top, this ensures that muck does not get spread around as in the case with other mats. The best part however is that they are very easy to clean. A vigorous shake or two is all that is required to get everything out. The other mats tend to absorb rather than hold and over a period of time either start smelling or coming apart etc etc

You can take a look at these at any of the 3M car care centres in Poona and if you like them then order these from the link below at less than half the price of the 3M car care stores. The sheets can easily be cut to the exact profile required for a given area.

http://emahendra.com/matting/40-3m-nomad-loop.html

If you go with plastic mats just ensure that you never close the doors on wet mats, this is a sure shot way of getting that 'smell'.

Quote:

I searched for the AC/ pollen filter. The A.S.S. does not have it and my contacts in Pune and Mumbai cannot also source it for me. Last I heard it was around Rs 2400. To be honest, I still don't know what it does. I never had air pollution felt inside the cabin, and try to drive with windows rolled up.
I don't use any air freshner or perfume in the car. Never felt the need - no smell what so ever.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:56   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the part number would be great. Can you email them to me. I will PM you the address. Thanks.
I am going to attach it to this post (let me see if xls can be attached).
Cedia Caliper Pins.xlsx
Quote:

That's an OE exedy clutch set and that too with HM marking. Where did you manage to get that. Looks like some one from HM has been supplying to after market. They don't have parts in stock at the service center but can manage to get them sneaked to after market

I was checking ebay US and the cost of set was pl shipping, that nearly 12k.
I was getting this for around 10K with shipping via ebay, but I was not sure about customs cost. So getting it for around 11.5K from authorized seller from Mumbai was a safer bet.

AFAIK, there is no Mitsubishi logo on the new one, plus the colour is a bit different. So this is not the OEM part, but perhaps compatible and made by the same OEM vendor.

Yes, there is HM hologram, but that is of no value as such.

However, that does not make the part fake or of inferior quality. I think the weight of the pressure plate for both the OEM and the new one is the same.
At some places you can see JAPAN written.

Also, the service center uses the same spark plugs as the ones I got. I think I got each one for Rs. 200 or so.

Quote:
It will take care of leaves from entering the car and blocking the evaporator coil.
I am confused. Are you saying that without this filter, leaves can come out of the air vents inside the cabin?
The leaves and dust which fall on the hood slide off easily somewhere inside the car - don't know where they go and rest.
But the filter is fitted somewhere behind the glove box. So how will it come into the picture?

Is there some diagrammatic representation of how such filters work and where the core is located?

Quote:
Cloth or genuine leather is good but PU IMHO is bad. We have it in Polo and it SUCKS.
Yes. Since genuine leather is very expensive, I might have to rule it out.

However, I am considering something to this:
http://www.elegantauto.in/microfibre...ar-seat-covers

A friend has it for 3 years and it seems to be good per his review.
This is a combination of PU leather and velvet

Quote:
Wow 1.16L KM? May I ask where did you get all this work done and the total cost? Can you separate the parts and labour?
This was my first time outside the A.S.S at Tune. Up. Plus.
I got parts myself for around Rs. 12300 (clutch, spark plugs and air filter).
Labour was around Rs. 6400 and consumables and spares were around Rs. 3400.
Major work done was normal servicing, oil change, clutch change, gear box removal and clean up, ac blower clean up, ac gas topup, break pad replacement for front, brake pad checking/ clean up for the rear, caliper greasing/ servicing, throttle body clean up, spark plug replacement, brake oil change, coolant change and some minor bits like replacement of high-stop lamp bulbs, tail light assy tightening.
I will try and put a copy of the bills.

Quote:
Does you car have the caliper issue? i.e the calipers rattling a lot?
Can you please tell me where you got the caliper pins? A friends ceida which has done about 60K KM has the caliper rattling issue and we are not able to find the parts for it.
I tried sourcing them outside, but without sample no one can help. So I got them changed at the service center - in some cases it was the rubber bellows which had got damaged, and the pins were fine. So, it is best to open up and check if that is the case.
Excel has been attached to this post which give part numbers and pricing as of 2012. You may get these from www.amayama.com if not available at A.S.S.

Quote:
Yes please do post the complete list in Excel will be helpful to everybody

The AC polan filter is now 3,400 something from the A.S.S
Looks like they have hiked up all the spares. I think it is best to buy all parts in advance for this car, since every year the prices go up.

Did I ask about 3D mats? Will they help protect the carpet on the floor during rains?

Last edited by S_U_N : 10th June 2013 at 14:05.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:50   #790
Senior - BHPian

Did someone say wipers. The link for this site was posted on my 4x4 group's FB page, no idea about the quality but the pricing is insane.

http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...old-24-18.html

http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...cer-21-19.html
Old 12th June 2013, 18:43   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You can take a look at these at any of the 3M car care centres in Poona.
Sir, is there a 3M car care centre in Delhi?

Quote:
I am going to attach it to this post (let me see if xls can be attached).
Thanks.

Quote:
I was getting this for around 10K with shipping via ebay, but I was not sure about customs cost. So getting it for around 11.5K from authorized seller from Mumbai was a safer bet.
that's right.

Quote:
AFAIK, there is no Mitsubishi logo on the new one, plus the colour is a bit different. So this is not the OEM part, but perhaps compatible and made by the same OEM vendor.

Yes, there is HM hologram, but that is of no value as such.
Oh, I saw the box with HM logos, so thought its the same one.

Quote:
However, that does not make the part fake or of inferior quality. I think the weight of the pressure plate for both the OEM and the new one is the same.At some places you can see JAPAN written.
No, its a genuine MBK1008 Exedy clutch set for lancer 2004-2007. The part number on the clutch plate MBD005U is a give away along with NSK bearing.

Quote:
I am confused. Are you saying that without this filter, leaves can come out of the air vents inside the cabin?
The leaves and dust which fall on the hood slide off easily somewhere inside the car - don't know where they go and rest.
But the filter is fitted somewhere behind the glove box. So how will it come into the picture?
Yes sir, the air enters through the vents, where the wipers are. It travels through the intake behind the glove box to reach the evaporator coil which is places behind the dashboard, in the area behind the AC switches. No filter means, tiny leaves, dust enters and blocks the evaporator coil, hence reducing the Air flow and resulting in icing, which may lead to fumes coming from the vents, just way you see when you open your freezer.

Quote:
A friend has it for 3 years and it seems to be good per his review.
This is a combination of PU leather and velvet
I'd still prefer cloth or fabric to PU. It stinks in summer and its not tolerable and it also results in low of sweating.

Quote:
I tried sourcing them outside, but without sample no one can help. So I got them changed at the service center - in some cases it was the rubber bellows which had got damaged, and the pins were fine. So, it is best to open up and check if that is the case.
How much did you pay for the pins or the rubber bellows at ASC.

Quote:
Did I ask about 3D mats? Will they help protect the carpet on the floor during rains?
I think BHPian ACE_F355 has it in his civic and didn't find them worth it. I am not sure if it was him but I certainly remember something similar.
Old 12th June 2013, 23:10   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S_U_N am I correct in assuming that you got the parts from Mars in Opera house. If so do provide the contact persons details. Did you specifically ask for Exedy or is that the standard supply. Do let me know the bearing make. Are the spark plugs made in Japan too? Request you to mail the above information and whatever else you will be sharing regarding the spares to my email id "khoj@email.com", thanks in advance for the same.
I don't know how your post did not show up until today. Now that I see it, let me respond.
Yes. Mars @ Opera House. Contact Vicky at +919223515001. Give him reference of Vakharia who took clutch set from him recently.
This is the default 'original' HM part - I think A.S.S. will have the same.
Bearing make is NSK (as mentioned by Gaurav) and so are the spark plugs. Now, I do not know anything about this company, but the spark plugs that the car had earlier were also from NSK. The plugs costed about Rs. 200 so, I don't know if they are made in Japan, but I don't care much about that. For me the clutch quality was more important.

However, I would advise you to get parts at much cheaper rates from Delhi - remember that Mars India is expensive since there are perhaps no other options in Mumbai/ Pune.

BTW: Does anyone know if parts of Santro would be available easily in outside market? What is the trend about Hyundai? I am considering a used Santro to replace our aging Zen.

Quote:
The same sized filter is used in the Pajero,Outlander etc and the A.S.S. should have them for sure. In all probability they would not even be aware of the same being used in the Cedia.
Yes. The SA's do not know about it. I had to explain several times and then they checked it was not available. Outside market -- same problem. Can I have the part number? Will see if I can get it through someone.

Quote:
As for the seat covers, unless your seat's covers are torn I would recommend a professional cleaning and steaming of the seats along with the carpet and the roof liner. Somehow i have never been a fan of aftermarket seat covers.
Yes. Leather has torn off at many places. Small bits disintegrate and fall on the flooring.
Parking the car in the sun is a really bad thing to do.
Moral: I won't purchase an expensive car till I have a covered parking.

Quote:
Similarly regarding the mats, you would do well to to get the 3M Nomad mats with loop design.
Very interesting. This is the same stuff that is used in our office at the entrance for everyone to wipe their footwear before entering the premises.
Now, I am wondering how this can be cut with precision and placed on the floor above the carpet. What happens to the edges? Do you stick them or tie or tape them?

Quote:
Did someone say wipers. The link for this site was posted on my 4x4 group's FB page, no idea about the quality but the pricing is insane.
Cheap. However other stuff on the site is not so cheap.

Quote:
Oh, I saw the box with HM logos, so thought its the same one.
Yes. The stuff came in proper HM boxes. There was a plastic cover/ bag inside which the clutch plate/ pressure plate was kept. The holograms were also there. However, what I meant is that all of this can be duplicated very easily. So, I won't look at these while buying. By the way, this was a blind buy for me. I ordered the stuff from Pune and asked someone to pick it up from their shop.

Quote:
No, its a genuine MBK1008 Exedy clutch set for lancer 2004-2007. The part number on the clutch plate MBD005U is a give away along with NSK bearing.
Yes. Looks like to me too.

Quote:

Yes sir, the air enters through the vents, where the wipers are. It travels through the intake behind the glove box to reach the evaporator coil which is places behind the dashboard, in the area behind the AC switches. No filter means, tiny leaves, dust enters and blocks the evaporator coil, hence reducing the Air flow and resulting in icing, which may lead to fumes coming from the vents, just way you see when you open your freezer.
Thankfully, no fumes have every come out. Now, I just saw AutoIndian's Indica thread, where he got the dashboard removed and the cooling coil cleaned. Very nice pictures. Wish someone had it for Cedia as well.

Quote:
How much did you pay for the pins or the rubber bellows at ASC.
The bellows put together were around Rs. 2000 (AFAI remember). The pins were around Rs. 350-800 per pin. I think I mentioned the prices in the xls.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 02:00   #793
Senior - BHPian

Nope, none in Dilli NCR that I know of though there are other guys doing similar work.
Quote:
Sir, is there a 3M car care centre in Delhi?

S_U_N thank you for sharing the information. While I have bought from MARS in the past but that time I was in BOM, it will be easier to coordinate now.

Quote:
I don't know how your post did not show up until today. Now that I see it, let me respond.
Yes. Mars @ Opera House. Contact Vicky at +919223515001. Give him reference of Vakharia who took clutch set from him recently.
This is the default 'original' HM part - I think A.S.S. will have the same.
Bearing make is NSK (as mentioned by Gaurav) and so are the spark plugs. Now, I do not know anything about this company, but the spark plugs that the car had earlier were also from NSK. The plugs costed about Rs. 200 so, I don't know if they are made in Japan, but I don't care much about that. For me the clutch quality was more important.

Agreed, that I may find parts cheaper here but will never be sure of their origin whereas with MARS I am confident of the genuineness and the quality of the stiff being sold at their counter.

Quote:
However, I would advise you to get parts at much cheaper rates from Delhi - remember that Mars India is expensive since there are perhaps no other options in Mumbai/ Pune.

Here is the part no
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0771.jpg

And here is the part itself
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0769.jpg

Quote:
Yes. The SA's do not know about it. I had to explain several times and then they checked it was not available. Outside market -- same problem. Can I have the part number? Will see if I can get it through someone

Oh, that's unfortunate and a reminder for me to sup up my car's upholstery ASAP. BTW I park in the open too so here's hoping for the best.
Quote:
Yes. Leather has torn off at many places. Small bits disintegrate and fall on the flooring.
Parking the car in the sun is a really bad thing to do.
Moral: I won't purchase an expensive car till I have a covered parking.

The edges are left as is, the bulk rolls also have their edges as is. At the 3M centres they use a simple blade cutter to trim the rolls. My friend bought largish sheets of plain paper and got them to make templates of his Punto's footwells and then had the roll cut accordingly.

Quote:
Very interesting. This is the same stuff that is used in our office at the entrance for everyone to wipe their footwear before entering the premises.
Now, I am wondering how this can be cut with precision and placed on the floor above the carpet. What happens to the edges? Do you stick them or tie or tape them?

Cheap indeed but I wonder how the quality is. Am ordering the rear wiper for the Swift to find out the same.
Quote:
Cheap. However other stuff on the site is not so cheap.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:32   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quoting an old post from Gaurav regarding the filter:

Quote:
The filter is not available in India. I have ordered it from US. Actually, my aunt has gone to US and is coming back on tuesday, so I asked her to get it for me.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1852576.html
Quote:
S_U_N thank you for sharing the information. While I have bought from MARS in the past but that time I was in BOM, it will be easier to coordinate now.
You are welcome.

Quote:
Here is the part no
Thanks. I got this instruction PDF, but nothing else.

Meanwhile I am having someone come from US.
Will this be compatible?

http://www.amazon.com/TYC-800083C-Mi...1&s=automotive

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1732514.html

I prefer Amazon since I would like to order something else from there as well. Unfortunately I cannot find a charcoal one from Amazon.

BTW: I assume the package size is 10 inch x 10 inch x 3 inch and weighs around 300 grams.

Will this get damaged during luggage loading/ unloading while travelling from US to India?

Quote:

Oh, that's unfortunate and a reminder for me to sup up my car's upholstery ASAP. BTW I park in the open too so here's hoping for the best.
2 years open parking was enough to kill the seat covers - but remember that the car did not come with this, previous owner purchased from A.S.S. by paying 35K.
So, perhaps not the same as OEM quality?

Quote:

The edges are left as is, the bulk rolls also have their edges as is. At the 3M centres they use a simple blade cutter to trim the rolls. My friend bought largish sheets of plain paper and got them to make templates of his Punto's footwells and then had the roll cut accordingly.
Will search for some real pictures of how this looks inside a car. Somehow I cannot still visualize this clear enough.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:19   #795
Senior - BHPian

The part on both sites will fit. You may want to pick the one @$14 and save $6.00, unless you get two with free shipping from Amazon. This should ideally be replaced every year. I got one last year tucked in between layers of clothing from here http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...score=7.826416

Quote:
Thanks. I got this instruction PDF, but nothing else.

Meanwhile I am having someone come from US.
Will this be compatible?

http://www.amazon.com/TYC-800083C-Mi...1&s=automotive

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1732514.html

I prefer Amazon since I would like to order something else from there as well. Unfortunately I cannot find a charcoal one from Amazon.

BTW: I assume the package size is 10 inch x 10 inch x 3 inch and weighs around 300 grams.

Will this get damaged during luggage loading/ unloading while travelling from US to India?

2 years open parking was enough to kill the seat covers - but remember that the car did not come with this, previous owner purchased from A.S.S. by paying 35K.
So, perhaps not the same as OEM quality?

Why don't you peel one back and if the OE covers are found to be in good nick, it would be worthwhile to have the same cleaned up and used as is. For me nothing can come close to the quality of the factory covers be it cloth or something else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks