Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2011, 06:43   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Well, 6k kms on Synthetic oil and the car is rather eager to revv, give credit to both sythetic oil for smooth high revvs and new clutch oil for making the act quick. Saw the condition of synthetic oil and it looks as good as new. Should do 13-14k without any issues despite my driving style. Credit here again goes to Khoj for initiating the Kidda of synthetic in me.. lolzzz. And yes, I now know why Mitsubishi uses Motul, Cant explain it in words, but you have to use it to believe it.

The Roulunds brake pads are good but not as good as MMC or TRWs. Hang on, by this I dont mean that the braking is not effective, no frequent heavy braking under 130-140 and you wont notice any difference. However, braking fades quickly at more than these speeds. The MMC could take regular braking even at higher speeds and TRWs were almost same, well, almost. Delhi roads are no more free at night, early morning is the time you can cherish driving, so I am posting this right now.

Now, another reason for the early brake fade could be that the Yokos are now 28k plus old. The tread though is still sufficient for another 5k plus, 7-8k at stretch, but they have started to show signs of age. They have started to shout at corners and long bends at speed they never did, however, grip level in dry is still good. But they are making me realise that this rainy season, its time lie low and enjoy pakodas with tea rather than being a scout enjoying high revving. No, I am not changing those tyres before they are supposed to, I still havent won a lottery, so I can drive calmly for few k kms. Its difficult but I think I can manage .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th June 2011 at 06:51.
Old 5th June 2011, 18:32   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia goes Synthetic. HM-Mitsubishi recommends synthetic oil change at 20k kms /

The car was a bit dirty from inside so I wanted to get it cleaned inside out. I got a message from Asian Motors on friday stating that they will be open on sundays as well, from now onwards. Went in to get the car washed. Also, got the throttle body cleaned, man, 72k kms without a clean and the butterfly valve was as if dipped in carbon.

The TB cleaning resulted in a much better throttle and the hesitation is gone along with the problem of accelerator getting stuck on idle. it needed a thump to get it raring. The TB cleaning costed about Rs 850 including 350 for TB cleaner and 500 as labour. The cleaner bottle was half used and the remaining was handed over to me but I forgot it at the station. Called the advisor to store it with him and I ll pick it when I go there again. The washing costed about Rs. 250.

Also got brakes bleeded. No noticable difference there, they were anyways good. No extra charges for same.

Now, I felt some difference at service station as soon as a guy came in, who was abrupt and kind of rude to workers. He claimed something about reverse parking new cars in service center at night and getting them out straight in the morning. His point was right but the way it was put across was very wrong. I asked a worker, kaun hai ye bhai saab (I had never seen anyone at ASC speak like that). He said, Ghoshji (GM) chale gai (Mr Ghosh, GM has gone), he is the new GM. And I was like .

Mr. Ghosh was a very nice person and the way he interacted with employees and customers was something that I will always appreciated. The new GM reportedly from Volvo Buses seemed to get on nerves of not one but almost all the employees. I saw demotivated faces and could also sense some major HR restructuring. For now, I hope that is not the case, because if Asian Motors turns into a normal ASC, I am not visitng them until its some major part repair/change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Do update us once you change the wipers. The reason I asked is that I read in a very old thread that Bosch wipers weren't available in the same size as the Cedia stock ones.
Hi, I got my cedias wipers changed to Linus from Palika Bhawan (delhi). Bosch were out of stock but the shopkeeper said, there is some shortage and I should get them in a week to 10 days time. The size of wipers is 24 and 16 respectively, if someone doesnt want to take off their wipers to take them along as sample. The linus wipers costed Rs 100 each/- (MRP is 130). The wipers clean quiet good with water spray, still to see them in rain.

The old wipers are in the boot, till I am assured these are fine.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th June 2011 at 21:39. Reason: Extra smiley removed. :)
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 18:48   #228
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

^It rained heavily a couple of days ago here in Pune.
In my Cedia, I noticed that the right wiper used to shudder at low speeds.
However, on increasing the speed, the operation was smooth.
I am not certain on what I should be expecting from the wipers (Bosch) in heavy rains.
I kept on increasing the speed (of wiping), since lower speeds were not very effective in giving a good view ahead in heavy rains.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:17   #229
BHPian

Re: Cedia goes Synthetic. HM-Mitsubishi recommends synthetic oil change at 20k kms /

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The size of wipers is 24 and 16 respectively, if someone doesnt want to take off their wipers to take them along as sample.
Thanks. BTW are you sure about the 16"? I measured the length recently after reading a few posts in another thread. The driver side is 24", the passenger side is 18" in my car.
Old 7th June 2011, 01:07   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The TB cleaning resulted in a much better throttle and the hesitation is gone along with the problem of accelerator getting stuck on idle. it needed a thump to get it raring.
Came back from a nice drive and I am still a bit disappointed. There is still some reluctance in throttle. First, the car still seems a bit heavy and the throttle is still hard, though I know its not throttle body this time. I am having a feeling that the EGR valve needs cleaning . Man, what all does a heavy foot leads to.

For that matter, the response was brilliant when the clutch oil was changed in March. I am somehow missing the same. I am having a strong feeling that its an EGR valve. Although the hesitation has gone down considerably, since TB is cleaned, and brakes and clutch are bleeded, it still has not gone completely, especially during high revvs.

Damn, whats happened to my ride .
Old 7th June 2011, 10:27   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04
I am having a strong feeling that its an EGR valve.
Was a bit wrong here, the EGR here works through vacuum and has nothing to do with carbon, which gets deposited in diesel EGRs. The problem here is an accelerator cable which costs over 1400 plus labour of 300. :(. Will check outside if I can get a replacement, if not will have to order it through ASC and will take about a working week.
Old 7th June 2011, 10:47   #232
Senior - BHPian

did they try to free-up the cable? using regular brake oil (red one) or wd-40 or similar frees up the cable - but you need to take it out - you can DIY / keep in mind the route of the cable through the firewall.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 11:15   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
did they try to free-up the cable? using regular brake oil (red one) or wd-40 or similar frees up the cable - but you need to take it out - you can DIY / keep in mind the route of the cable through the firewall.
Thanks planet_rocker. Yes, they tried WD 40 similar cleaner after taking out the cable and it did work till some extent. But the senior technician said, the metal wire will be free only till its hot. I will need to replace it before winters.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:48   #234
Senior - BHPian

By any chance:
Is a service manual for Cedia available as PDF for download somewhere? It will help understand the car a lot better.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:21   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Thanks. BTW are you sure about the 16"? I measured the length recently after reading a few posts in another thread. The driver side is 24", the passenger side is 18" in my car.
Yes, CBlazer, you were right, the passenger sider wiper is 18" and I changed it to 16" (shopkeeper gave me). Got Bosch ECO wiper blades for cousin's cedia for Rs300 from palika Bhawan in N.Delhi. Will change mine to 18", for now the 16 is also doing the job fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
By any chance:
Is a service manual for Cedia available as PDF for download somewhere? It will help understand the car a lot better.
Dont know about service manual but engine manual for 4G9 series can be found here..

http://www.mivec.co.nz/tech/4G9x_Engine_Manual.pdf

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th June 2011 at 22:24.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:44   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, CBlazer, you were right, the passenger sider wiper is 18" and I changed it to 16" (shopkeeper gave me). Got Bosch ECO wiper blades for cousin's cedia for Rs300 from palika Bhawan in N.Delhi.
Wow i paid Rs.600 plus for Bosch from the Authorised service center here!
Old 15th June 2011, 23:00   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Wow i paid Rs.600 plus for Bosch from the Authorised service center here!
Asian Motors (Mitsui ASC) quoted some 1500 plus for wiper blades. Dont know if they will be Bosch or others..

I between, wipers of cedia are same design as you get in 95% cars across the globe. Some exceptions incliding civic are the cars which have specific wipers for them. In 95% cars you just need to know the number of wiper and you can sourse a pair for as less as Rs.150. 24" driver side wiper is used in many cars including old accord, indica, etc...Same is the case with 18" as well..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th June 2011 at 23:05.
Old 16th June 2011, 00:48   #238
Senior - BHPian

Hi g_c04,

Do you by any chance have the inside view of the door pads, as in the side which we cannot see. I want to reapply the sound proofing (namda) which was removed when my car got ICEd. I have been able to source the insulation sheet but have no idea what size to cut and where to apply.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:23   #239
Senior - BHPian

I am replacing my windshield (oncoming lights seem to spread in vertical lines) by claiming insurance. I will also have to change my wipers soon.
Will source these outside since A.S.S. is going to be expensive.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:50   #240
Senior - BHPian

@S_U_N,

Seems to be a case of oily glass. Try having your Windshield cleaned (inside and out) from either the Windshield experts or one of the Car Spas who offer a steam wash for the vehicle's exterior (includes the glass too).

The glass available outside the A.S.C. is made by Asahi India, the one from A.S.C. comes from Japan with all of the original markings/logos. Since this is glass you should get 100% claim and will have to pay for the adhesive and processing charges only. You can talk to Nilesh (9371013505) at J Williams. He handles Body shop repairs & insurance, will give you accurate figures as also whether the glass is in stock otherwise it's ETA.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks