Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 17:49   #706
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Always good to hear about a Cedia.
I would be curious to know the part numbers of all the three parts.
I can get comparison quotes from Amayama. Please share part numbers.
Thanks much S_U_N for opting to help here.I don't know the part number for the Key Barrel and for the Stepper Motor sensor, but the part number for the MAF sensor is 605 E5T08471.I got this through the company Guangzhou Yue Tian Auto Parts for 120US$ including shipping through DHL. For the key barrel, I was able to find an electrician who worked on the contact points and it cost me just Rs.1200 and presto it starts in one twist of the key. I also have got the Starter button on the gear stalk and it just looks like some cockpit with a missile launch button on its stalk.Now it starts both ways. However, the relay that was installed for the starter button is for cars with immobilizer and CEDIA Spirit didn't come with one in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Regarding the sensors, I really haven't heard of a stepper motor sensor problem in cedia. Yes, MAF sensor problem, one or two may be but thats it.

You will only be glad with the ownership experience if this otherwise reliable car is in perfect running condition. If you think you can get the issues fixed, fix them and continue, if Not, Sell the car.
Dear Gaurav,thanks for the lines.I'm really glad about owning a CEDIA.Am just back from a 500+KM drive and except for the knocking at times due to the stepper motor issues, it was a great drive and our entire family loved it.The average was 12KMPL even in a mixed driving condition of 20KMPH to 140KMPH. The attention it got wherever it went was also awesome. There was a 120KMPH to 0 braking in the night which was perfectly balanced and inspiring so much of confidence. Particularly after owning a SWIFT Diesel for close to 4 years, I can say that this is one great car that gives so much of driving pleasure. I still want to live with this car and I think that since its still in production I can get the parts and being a TBHPian I can only work to see this car in peak shape until its shelf life ends
Old 12th December 2012, 11:29   #707
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Thanks much S_U_N for opting to help here.I don't know the part number for the Key Barrel and for the Stepper Motor sensor, but the part number for the MAF sensor is 605 E5T08471.I got this through the company Guangzhou Yue Tian Auto Parts for 120US$ including shipping through DHL.
Is the MAF sensor same as this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Mass-Met...-/290749656547

If yes, then the original cost is between $350 to $550 - very expensive.
Glad that you picked up something for $120.
Old 15th December 2012, 11:18   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I see you have 2007 model and mine is 2008 model. I am not sure if this is lot specific. As per SVR, they are calling everyone.
I am told a lot of fuel pumps have been replaced so far as part of this recall. So how is it going? Any issues?
Old 15th December 2012, 11:29   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post

I am told a lot of fuel pumps have been replaced so far as part of this recall. So how is it going? Any issues?
No issues. No change felt in anything. It is just the same pleasant drive. I am yet to measure FE though.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 11:44   #710
Senior - BHPian

Got 1 lac kms service done on monday from Asian Motors, the OD read 95,500 kms. Bought Castrol Edge from Palika Bhawan for Rs. 2400, MRP has gone up from 3900 to I think 4400. The service along with oil filter and air filter costed Rs 1500/-. In total Rs.3900/-. Felt so very cheap considering we paid Rs. 22k for Evoque's service a week ago.

The coolant reservoir is still not available after 3 weeks anyone? I got a call from Asian Motors that one is available in Goa and they are sourcing it..

Also, the front caliper brackets have been making quite some noise and I plan to get a thin layer of metal over the caliper pins to see if that fixes the issue. If not, I ll have to replace the entire bracket and pins assembly, which will cost around 27k.

Quote:
So are you back from your slumber?
Send me the part number and then we can check on costs.
Not really, still trying to manage LIFE .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Dear Gaurav,thanks for the lines.I'm really glad about owning a CEDIA.Am just back from a 500+KM drive and except for the knocking at times due to the stepper motor issues, it was a great drive and our entire family loved it.The average was 12KMPL even in a mixed driving condition of 20KMPH to 140KMPH. The attention it got wherever it went was also awesome. There was a 120KMPH to 0 braking in the night which was perfectly balanced and inspiring so much of confidence. Particularly after owning a SWIFT Diesel for close to 4 years, I can say that this is one great car that gives so much of driving pleasure. I still want to live with this car and I think that since its still in production I can get the parts and being a TBHPian I can only work to see this car in peak shape until its shelf life ends
Driving a cedia after swift vdi is definitely pleasure but I tell you what I had a swift diesel with me for over 15 days in November and it was difficult to come back to a petrol after driving a diesel..But then nothing can beat the pleasure of revving a petrol engine..

Last edited by Eddy : 15th December 2012 at 23:45. Reason: removing extra smileys
Old 15th December 2012, 22:42   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, the front caliper brackets have been making quite some noise and I plan to get a thin layer of metal over the caliper pins to see if that fixes the issue. If not, I ll have to replace the entire bracket and pins assembly, which will cost around 27k.
Welcome to the club.
I will suggest get the rubber bellows inspected. In my case for the front the bellows (black rubber parts) were completely worn out. After putting in the new one the noise is no longer there.
This was changed for the two front wheels only. For the rear, they did not do anything and I believe there is a slight noise some times.

If this works for you, this will be much cheaper solution.

When are you getting parts for me?
Old 18th December 2012, 15:57   #712
BHPian

I gave my car for service today and the advisor calls saying the power steering hose has a small leak and will cost 11k plus to replace, add to that tax and labor. Having run the car for only 32k kms in the last 5 years, I am a bit amazed that:

1. a hose pipe has gone bust
2. a hose pipe can cost 11k

I have a strong feeling I am getting jipped here.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:20   #713
Senior - BHPian

^Get it wiped with a diesel soaked cloth.
Then observe for a few days.

I had the same experience during summer camp.
After 2000 KM of driving the reservoir is at the same level.
Old 20th December 2012, 18:54   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

I've experienced ridiculously high pricing before, but still 11 k is a lot for a hose pipe. Are you seeing any particular symptoms with your steering?

BTW I finally got the fuel pump assy changed as part of the recall.
Old 20th December 2012, 21:21   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will suggest get the rubber bellows inspected. In my case for the front the bellows (black rubber parts) were completely worn out. After putting in the new one the noise is no longer there.
No, the rubbers are fine. I will probably get a set of Brembos in a year or so..till then I let these do the job.

Quote:
When are you getting parts for me?
I am not sure. I have some serious priorities preventing me from going to karol bagh.. not even got a chance to check about the coolant bottle of my car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I gave my car for service today and the advisor calls saying the power steering hose has a small leak and will cost 11k plus to replace, add to that tax and labor. Having run the car for only 32k kms in the last 5 years, I am a bit amazed that:

Its there in 99% of cedias. If you dont see drop in level of power steering fluid (99% you wont), be least bothered. I am living with the same leak for over 40k kms..its just a slight seepage.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 20th December 2012 at 21:22.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:37   #716
Senior - BHPian

Got some estimated costs for clutch change (for future reference)
1. Clutch Disc Rs. 3349
2. Clutch Cover Rs. 3592
3. Clutch Release Bearing Rs. 1456

This is cheaper than what MARS India is offering (and I am surprised).

For brake pads, the rate from MARS is Rs. 3500 for front and Rs. 3500 for rear (claims original).
This is lower than the A.S.S. rates as far as I remember.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:47   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the rubbers are fine. I will probably get a set of Brembos in a year or so..till then I let these do the job.

I am not sure. I have some serious priorities preventing me from going to karol bagh.. not even got a chance to check about the coolant bottle of my car..

Its there in 99% of cedias. If you dont see drop in level of power steering fluid (99% you wont), be least bothered. I am living with the same leak for over 40k kms..its just a slight seepage.
Yep had that issue in mine as well. The trouble with leaving this though is that the leaky joint is right on top of the exhaust which is gonna be super hot when driving and can lead to a fire hazard. I had that hose changed in my car for 8k around a year and half ago.
Old 7th January 2013, 16:31   #718
BHPian

Well, I guess the replies were a little late as they went ahea and changed the pipe anyway. Paid close to 19k for this service and its the first time in the last 5 years that the service cost has been more than usual, so I guess its fine.

Car is still running smooth as ever, though my wife is now asking me to upgrade. Unfortunately, I am unable to find a car that will match this in a sane budget and thats where I am stuck. Anyway, with only 32k on the odo, I am sure the car has many years to go. And yes, thats 32k in close to 5 years.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:27   #719
Senior - BHPian

Got fuel pump replaced (first car at A.S.S.).
However there is no mention of this in the invoice.
Also got rear shocker replaced (I had got the part from outside so they charged me labour.)
Also got regular servicing done and wheel alignment and balancing.
I got charged for oil filter for Pajero which is more than Rs. 1300. :(

Meanwhile clutch replacement cost estimate is around Rs. 8.5K on parts and Rs. 3200 on labour (approx.). They charge Rs. 1050 as labour three times - clutch disc, cover and bearing. Is that normal?
Old 27th January 2013, 17:50   #720
BHPian

Can someone pls help me wih the exact loaction of AC drain pipe in Cedia? I'm trying to find out but unable to locate, I wanted to use AC disinfect from Wurth which states that pout the can from the ac drainage pipe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks