Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 10:03   #271
J.Ravi

Re: FIR on AC upgradation

Thanks, Schoudhury. Here are my answers to your queries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
How come 1.4 lts linea has a condenser of 1.2 active version, thats really very strange.
That's a million-dollar question for which even the almighty may not know the answer! Right from the day one, I repeatedly asked this question, but nobody knew the answer. The only consolation was the similar sticker was affixed in all 1.4 versions until sometime during the last year, when Fiat India woke up from the deep slumber and decided to call it a day!
Quote:
Could you please let us know whats the actual reason for this idling ,im not aware of it.
While dismantling the original condenser, they removed the coolant inlet and outlet and drained the entire coolant. So, naturally, after refilling the coolant, the engine was idled for about half-hour to ensure there was no air-lock or vacuum packet in the passage, which would drastically reduce the coolant level in the reservoir later. Before starting the idling, the coolant level was up to the brim and after half-hour or so, it reduced to just 1" above the maximum mark. The same procedure is followed whenever the coolant is replaced.
Quote:
could you please let us know that part pointed in picture below is that metal part or a rubber.
That rubbery part was the padding fixed on to the chassis behind the bumper.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th March 2011 at 10:06.

Old 12th March 2011, 19:54   #272
J.Ravi

75: My latest eco index

75. This is my latest eco index. From 66, I reached 75 - still a long way to go to my target of 80.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-ecodrive9311.png
My Linea had its RHS ORVM glass broken today. I went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, and got it replaced at a total cost of Rs 258 only. There was no need to change the entire assembly. Looking at the messages printed in one or more foreign language [s] [Italian? Spanish? Portuguese? Chinese?] on the pack, it seems the ORVM glass is also an imported item.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-12032011165.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-12032011166.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-12032011167.jpg

Old 18th March 2011, 12:27   #273
J.Ravi

Rear Parking Sensors For My Linea

* At last, I decided to go in for Autocop rear parking sensors [4 sensors and IRVM with display panel] costing Rs 3,900 at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. All along, I was searching in vain for the blue colour ones to match with the pigmentation of my Linea. Then, I decided in favour of the black ones since they are in good contrast against FTA shade of my Linea. Outside, the same costs Rs 3,500, but I decided to take it from the dealership in order to avoid any future warranty issues. Now, I find it very useful while parking in my garage.

* My Linea's rear left bumper chromium moulding got damaged. I don't know, when, where and how it had happened. Got it changed at Concorde Motors, when I went there to get the rear parking sensors fitted. I paid Rs 4,031.

* Today, I tried to touch up some small spots on my Linea using a brush and Com-Paint. But, I was not impressed with the result. So, I wiped out the touched up paint spot. The area was too small to use spray. However, I used the Com-Cut to remove some superficial minor scratches acquired from Carnation car wash thanks to Snapdeal offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-16032011169.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-16032011173.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-16032011174.jpg  

Old 19th March 2011, 12:58   #274
BHPian

re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

2500 Rs for a chrome strip ? And that too the small one. What is it made of, SILVER? I think that's way too much for a strip of chrome!
Old 19th March 2011, 13:50   #275
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I think that's way too much for a strip of chrome!
* Even I had thought so. Perhaps, it is an imported spare, hence costing so much.

* I am facing a peculiar problem in EcoDrive. Everything is okay, but for the display/voice announcement of 'Update started - Update completed - Remove the USB device" while updating the new journey data in the USB drive. Earlier, I had two USB drives one each for EcoDrive exclusively and the other for music/songs. As I wanted the EcoDrive USB drive for some other purpose, I copied the contents into the other USB drive that contained music and songs, as it won't conflict with EcoDrive as per FAQ information. But, I found that there were no display/announcement when I inserted it after completion of a journey. I checked it with my laptop too, there were no new journey records of EcoDrive available in the USB drive. Then, I separated the EcoDrive contents into the same old exclusive USB drive. Now, I am able to record the journey data, but no display/voice announcements! I tried several other formatted USB drives, the same result. All other displays are okay like 'EcoDrive On' and then, 'EcoDrive USB in'. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal of my Linea's battery, but no display/announcement while updating the new journey data. So, I learnt a lesson or two about the quirky EcoDrive: I should have an exclusive USB drive for EcoDrive alone and have another for music and songs. I should not mix EcoDrive with music and songs under any circumstances.

* Here is a photograph showing my Linea fitted with new Autocop rear parking sensors. Don't the black sensors on blue Linea look cute?
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-19032011176.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 19th March 2011 at 14:03.

Old 19th March 2011, 14:09   #276
BHPian

Hi Ravi, those black sensors look good on FTA but would have definitely look class if painted to body colour (my personal opinion).
Old 19th March 2011, 14:15   #277
J.Ravi

bnzjon: In the beginning, I too was toying with that idea. But, the sensors are smooth and shining. I doubt, whether the new paint will stick on to that surface. I don't want to use emery paper to make them rough. I was hoping and against hope for Autocop to introduce the sensors in blue colour [they are available in black, white, silver, red and gold only], but that has not happened. So, finally I settled for black sensors on blue Linea!

Old 21st March 2011, 13:06   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
* Even I had thought so. Perhaps, it is an imported spare, hence costing so much.

* I am facing a peculiar problem in EcoDrive. Everything is okay, but for the display/voice announcement of 'Update started - Update completed - Remove the USB device" while updating the new journey data in the USB drive. Earlier, I had two USB drives one each for EcoDrive exclusively and the other for music/songs. As I wanted the EcoDrive USB drive for some other purpose, I copied the contents into the other USB drive that contained music and songs, as it won't conflict with EcoDrive as per FAQ information. But, I found that there were no display/announcement when I inserted it after completion of a journey. I checked it with my laptop too, there were no new journey records of EcoDrive available in the USB drive. Then, I separated the EcoDrive contents into the same old exclusive USB drive. Now, I am able to record the journey data, but no display/voice announcements! I tried several other formatted USB drives, the same result. All other displays are okay like 'EcoDrive On' and then, 'EcoDrive USB in'. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal of my Linea's battery, but no display/announcement while updating the new journey data. So, I learnt a lesson or two about the quirky EcoDrive: I should have an exclusive USB drive for EcoDrive alone and have another for music and songs. I should not mix EcoDrive with music and songs under any circumstances.

* Here is a photograph showing my Linea fitted with new Autocop rear parking sensors. Don't the black sensors on blue Linea look cute?
Attachment 520058
nope, once ecodrive is installed in your car. Delete install file from the root of your Pen drive. Leave the ecodrive folder...it records data and all with songs...it even gave me message once drive is running out of data recording on system memory but ecodrive was only 620kb

So no need to use separate pen drive just delete install file to get rid off update started notification again and again...

Also i got autocop reverse sensor for my tuscan wine linea too but dealer took a days time and got it painted in the same color.
Old 21st March 2011, 13:35   #279
J.Ravi

Thanks, Mindgrinder. I shall delete the install file and test it again.

Now, I started liking black sensors on my blue Linea!

Old 2nd April 2011, 09:02   #280
J.Ravi

Yesterday, Cara Mia Fiat Linea had her clutch slave cylinder [CSC] upgraded to the new steel one under warranty at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. The SA informed me that it would be replaced under warranty and there would be no bill. He also informed me that they would do a thorough check-up of my Linea including the upgraded AC. They have a plan to check the upgraded AC at our home. Since my Linea visited there, they would as well do all the checks then and there itself. They took one full day for CSC replacement and checking. Now, I find the clutch operation smoother and gear-changing [especially the reverse gear] easier than before.

Old 2nd April 2011, 19:21   #281
BHPian

Ravi, what did you do to get the CSC changed to the metal one? Was there any issue with clutch reported???
Old 3rd April 2011, 15:06   #282
J.Ravi

Soccerfan, I found that the clutch operation had become little bit harder of late. Sometimes, I had to depress the clutch pedal more than once to engage the reverse gear.

I called Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, to enquire about free upgrade to CSC [steel]. The receptionist didn't know anything about it. When I explained, she had put my call on hold, went and consulted the concerned SA, after ascertaining my Linea's model [year and month], and then, gave me an appointment.

The SA explained that they are replacing the old CSC to the new steel one only in case of complaint.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd April 2011 at 15:08.

Old 6th April 2011, 11:02   #283
J.Ravi

Yesterday, Cara Mia Fiat Linea had suffered from the most dreaded and notorious niggle: the rear left quarter glass beading chromium strip had opened up at one end, but remained intact at the other. But, I took preventive action by yanking it out and re-pasted it on the beading using Araldite. I bandaged the chromium strip and the beading together with adhesive tape for proper support. I removed the bandage today after 24 hours and found them inseparable.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 6th April 2011 at 11:13.

Old 10th April 2011, 16:02   #284
J.Ravi

The New Version of FIAT EcoDrive

From the past few days, I was not able to see the data of journeys performed during the first week of this month in FIAT EcoDrive. But, today, when I clicked the EcoDrive short-cut icon in my laptop, automatic downloading of updated version of EcoDrive started, completed and got installed. Now, I see the data of all my journeys performed in different dates. This is the new updated version:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-ecodrivenewversion.jpg

Old 10th April 2011, 21:43   #285
BHPian

I'm using ECODRIVE too but it shows 59 in Bangalore traffic. I got 77 in highway though, which it shows best journey.

Note: LINEA's and PUNTO's manufactured in 2011 already have Blue&Me version 5.5 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks