Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 15:53   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
It happens all the time svaid A few minutes after i start driving it.
iPai, in that case it sounds a different problem to me and the persistency of this noise is something that you should immediately get checked. In my case, the sound doesn't come 80% of the times, it only comes on broken/uneven patch of road - So I could still quantify it as a rattle which is different from what you are experiencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
"Steering box has a shield to protect it from dust. One of the locks that holds this box had snapped and it was fixed." We then road tested again and the sound was gone. The Technician who came with me for the Road test told me that the lock is fragile and can be snapped even by small stones from the road. Do check on this.
Thanks a lot mate for the pointer. I will follow up with the workshop on this.

Quote:
I'm experiencing this problem recently. In 2nd and 3rd gear, when I rev the car upto 3000 RPM and release the throttle, the car makes a strange "Krrrrr Krrrr" sound when the RPM is falling. This noise comes exactly when the Engine rev drops from 2k to 1.5 K RPM and also when revved in this range.
Any noise during RPM fall should come only when the instant RPM becomes too low wrt the current gear slotted ( under-revving ). However 1.5K to 2K is a high enough RPM for the engine not to under-rev. Hence I rule out the same.

However, I have a few other questions -
  • Could this be because of quality of fuel by any chance - I mean are you seeing the problem for a long time ( 2-3 tankfulls )?
  • Where does the the krr sound appear to be coming from?
  • You mentioned that this happens only in 2nd/3rd gear. Can you check if it the issue is evident even in the higher gears at say a lower RPM of 1K-1.5K?
Old 26th October 2009, 22:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
.However 1.5K to 2K is a high enough RPM for the engine not to under-rev. Hence I rule out the same.

However, I have a few other questions -
  • Could this be because of quality of fuel by any chance - I mean are you seeing the problem for a long time ( 2-3 tankfulls )?
  • Where does the the krr sound appear to be coming from?
  • You mentioned that this happens only in 2nd/3rd gear. Can you check if it the issue is evident even in the higher gears at say a lower RPM of 1K-1.5K?
You are right. 1.5 to 2K is ideal range for me. I'm using shell fuel throughout. I can confidently rule out bad fuel.

The sound certainly comes from somewhere near the engine.

It does come in 1st Gear too. I don't 4th and 5th Gear fall low often and I couldn't notice. Any pointers ?

Last edited by para_7k : 26th October 2009 at 22:13. Reason: Requesting
Old 27th October 2009, 10:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
But I could not see the actual locking mechanism. Please pardon my ignorance, I have never seen a gear lock installed in i10. Could you please post another photo with the gear lock in place. Thanks in advance.
The following pictorial guide illustrates the usage of gear lock in details

1) Put the car in reverse gear and put the gear lock stick in the lock hole

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-gl1.jpg

2) Press it fully inside and now car is gear locked

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-gl2.jpg

3) To open the lock put the gear lock key in the key slot present just next to the lock hole and rotate it clockwise

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-gl3.jpg

4) The gear lock gets unlocked and the stick comes out

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-gl4.jpg

5) Take out the stick and put it in the slot provided for holding it and you are done.

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-gl5.jpg

Quote:
The showroom guys should know better.
Note that I got the gear lock installed from HMP i.e. an authorized Hyundai Showroom/Workshop only at time of car delivery. So dont assume that the showroom guys would install it at the right place. You might need to explicitly tell them not to place the gear lock stick slot as indicated above

Let me know if you are interested in any further details on this.
svaid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 19:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the detailed pictorial guide.

A few clarifications

1. The gear lock itself does not seem to obstruct the driver's left knee. Its only the key slot that fouls with the knee. Is that correct ?

2. Is it possible to install the key slot in some other place ? Possibly on the passenger side.

3. What kind of hole drilling was required for gear lock installation ? Is it installed on the center panel or from the floor ?

4. Is the installation strong enough to prevent a theft ?

5. Finally, the brand and price of the gear lock.

Thanks in advance.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 28th October 2009, 09:42   #50
BHPian

Compilation of headlamp information

• STOCK i10 HEADLAMP
    • Model = OEM Stock
    • Volt = 12V
    • Watt = 60/55W
    • Base = P43t
    i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-bulb_1.jpgi10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-bulb_4.gif
  • Model = H4 - 64193 NBR
  • Volt = 12V
  • Watt = 60/55W
  • Base = P43t
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-e07_nightbreaker_h4.jpg
  • Model = H4 X-treme Power
  • Volt = 12V
  • Watt = 60/55W
  • Base = P43t-38
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-philips_xtreme.jpg

As evident, technical specifications of all three are the same and hence it should be a plug and play to use either of Osram/Philips if someone wants to replace the OEM ones.

Some comments on Osram and Philips X-Treme from a fellow member in auto-lighting thread can be seen @ .

From the comments it appears that Philips is better than Osram ones - though I would leave out to experts to further comment on the same.

Last edited by svaid : 28th October 2009 at 09:49.
svaid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2009, 14:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
It does come in 1st Gear too. I don't 4th and 5th Gear fall low often and I couldn't notice. Any pointers ?
I will advise to better get it checked up at Hyundai. I couldnt see a problem at that RPMs on my vehicle and cant explain why such a sound should come for a new vehicle. I was wondering if this could have anything to do with throttle body but looking at the symptoms I am not sure

Quote:

1. The gear lock itself does not seem to obstruct the driver's left knee. Its only the key slot that fouls with the knee. Is that correct ?

2. Is it possible to install the key slot in some other place ? Possibly on the passenger side.

3. What kind of hole drilling was required for gear lock installation ? Is it installed on the center panel or from the floor ?

4. Is the installation strong enough to prevent a theft ?

5. Finally, the brand and price of the gear lock.
When the gear lock is not being used eg when you are driving the vehicle, it is put in the key slot. So in either case whether gear lock is in place or it is unlocked, there is some obstruction. In fact, when in place, the cap of the lock stick touches the left knee making it even worse

Yes it is possible to install at other place. Note that if you would install on opposite i.e. passenger side, the passenger would face the same problem

The hole drilling is not major. The installation happens using the center panel( they remove the panel in the process )

No installation can guarantee prevention of theft. Possibly it can decrease the probability by ensuring that "more time than normal" would be needed by the thief to bring the car in motion.

As I said earlier, its not an after market fitment. Its a Hyundai genuine accessory and hence the brand is Hyundai. You can get it installed at any authorized Hyundai workshop. I dont remember the exact price at this moment.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:54   #52
BHPian

Prologue to the 3rd Servicing

Keys inside the Vehicle

In the first week of April, Wife and myself did a Delhi-Shimla-Narkanda-Rampur trip. This included both plain and hill driving. This drive provided me an opportunity to know the car better and drive in accordance with its strengths and weaknesses. Initially I felt that steering was more responsive than what I would have liked at speeds in excess of 90 kmph. However, I could quickly adjust myself to the same and drive comfortably from thereon.

From Rampur, we decided to drive to Chitkul - the last village before china border. This drive( done on my father-in-law's OHC ) turned into experience of a lifetime as it snowed in Chitkul the very day we decided to visit the place. During this trip, one of the mistakes that we did was not to take along the spare key of the car. We realized later, how big a mistake did it turn out to be.

At Rampur, we ended up locking the car with keys inside. Luckily, this didn't happen midway anywhere and we had time in our hands to resolve the problem. This is when I realized that the normal SCALE mechanism that works with other cars was not working here. The lock did not budge whatever way we tried to play around with the scale. So we decided to call a local mechanic to help us out. He also came and spent about half an hour on the lock trying multiple things but couldn't open it. He later left saying that since i10 locks are different from how Maruti door locks are, he will need some different tool to try, which he will go and get back from his shop. In the meanwhile, I called the HMP Delhi helpline and explained them the situation. They said, that its nothing to worry and you should be able to open the lock using scale. He told me that scale has to be moved in some kind of zig-zag fashion so that it can be opened. Based on his instructions I tried for 15-20 minutes but all in vain. I eventually gave up.

Finally my father-in-law was able to open the door using a wire( not exactly a wire, something similar to spoke of a bicycle wheel ) which he had turned in shape of U at the bottom. This wire was inserted from top in the cavity between glass and the door. The lock got engaged in that U and it was slightly pulled up ( trying to open the door from the door handle in parallel ) which finally worked. It was a sigh of relief and an important lesson of keeping spare keys during travel well learned.

However, side effect was that the driver side lock stopped working using the key now. And neither could it be used to lock rest of the doors/boot. So till the time I visited HMP later in Delhi, we had to manage by manually locking all the doors each time we had to get off the vehicle.

The Clutch Problem

After reaching back to Delhi from the trip, I had started feeling that the clutch had become a bit hard to use and was thinking that I would report the same at the time of service. Since I was using the car on a daily basis and was used to the hardness, didn't realize that the problem was getting acute. Incidentally, one of my cousins bought the ANHC and I had the chance to drive it during this time. While rest of the things were fine, I felt that ANHC clutch felt to me as if I was using a feather on the clutch foot. The clutch would move at the slightest of force applied and appeared very smooth to use. Yes, ANHC was a brand new car, but the magnitude of difference in clutch was too big for my comfort. I still remember, how I felt when I drove i10 immediately after driving ANHC. Its clutch was feeling like a stone beneath the foot. This was around last week of August.

I had done the booking for servicing on 10th of September. On 9th of September when I sat in the car for going to office and engaged the reverse gear, it felt extremely tight and not ready to move. Before this the clutch was hard but gear changing was not an issue. Here I was facing difficulty in changing the gear. So I reversed a bit and decided to put back the 1st gear and again see how it behaves. To my shock I found that the first gear was not engaging and I was afraid to kind of put extra force. I tried 4-5 times and finally it engaged and I slot the car back to its place. I concluded that there was a problem in hand and the gears had become tight rendering the car non-drivable any more. One additional thing I noticed was that the clutch pedal kind of felt loosened up. I could put my foot below the pedal and raise it by say 1-2 inches and if I leave it, it would fall back to its original position. So definitely something was wrong.

I immediately called up HMP road service and explained them what had happened. They arrived in about an hour and told me that the car required to go to workshop. I told them that the servicing is booked for tomorrow at HMP anyways but the other problem is how to drive the car if gears have become so tight and are not engaging properly. The guys opened the engine bay and played around a bit. After this they told me that they had made some adjustment so that I could now drive down to the workshop but I should not use the car to go to office or elsewhere. I was still circumspect, so I tried reversing and using the 1st gear which I had done earlier and found the gears were changing though the clutch play had increased. I thanked the guys went to office in the other car.

Under Steering Noise

Of course the other problem of under-steering noise was still unsolvable. I was pretty determined to resolve this problem on the 3rd service even if it meant spending extra time at the workshop. It had remained a problem since I couldnt go after the 2nd service to the workshop to specifically get that problem addressed.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
  • STOCK i10 HEADLAMP
    • Model = OEM Stock
    • Volt = 12V
    • Watt = 60/55W
    • Base = P43t
  • Model = H4 - 64193 NBR
  • Volt = 12V
  • Watt = 60/55W
  • Base = P43t
  • Model = H4 X-treme Power
  • Volt = 12V
  • Watt = 60/55W
  • Base = P43t-38

As evident, technical specifications of all three are the same and hence it should be a plug and play to use either of Osram/Philips if someone wants to replace the OEM ones.

Some comments on Osram and Philips X-Treme from a fellow member in auto-lighting thread can be seen @ .

From the comments it appears that Philips is better than Osram ones - though I would leave out to experts to further comment on the same.

Svaid, man, you are a gift to this forum!

My i10 is due for service(completes an year on Nov 3rd) and i was going for an headlamp upgrade, since, as we all know, OEM headlamps are simply junk

I did all the research, and all i wanted was a side by side precise info on philips extreme power, osram nightbreaker and OEM so that i can choose safely! And here i see your post!

Thanks a ton man!! Truly a 5 star thread this. One of the most important and most informative threads in Team-BHP.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:23   #54
BHPian

Servicing Details ( 3rd Service ) - Part 1

Details
  • The i10 3rd servicing is done at 19000 - 20000 kms or 12 months whichever is earlier.
  • This service includes oil change/wheel alignment/balancing in addition to general checkup and washing
  • If the air filter needs replacement, the same is undertaken.
  • If the customer has any specific complaints - then the same are attended
Issues

I got the servicing done on 10th September 2009 ( 12-Sept-2008 was the purchase date ) with the odometer showing 13960 Kms. As also mentioned in my previous updates, few of the problems that I wanted to get sorted out were
  • Hard clutch and unable to change gears
  • Under steering noise
  • Flute like sound from brakes during cold starts for first few minutes
  • Decided to get the headlamps focused in the hope that it might be related to the lighting problem
  • Just below the steering, the dashboard panel gap had kind of widened ( Could never figure out how )
  • The parcel tray had developed a small crack. Wanted to get it replaced
  • Used to hear some noise from front suspension on uneven roads - possibly requiring some screw tightening etc
Day 1 - 10th September 2009

As I had mentioned earlier, I like to visit the workshop as early as possible to avoid unnecessary rush as well as to get proper time and attention from the service adviser. Considering the fact that clutch has some issue and going late anyways would mean a lot of traffic to negotiate, resulting in extensive clutch use, I had got the timing of arrival changed to 7:45 AM.

I woke up at 6:15 AM only to discover that it was raining heavily and had been raining all the night. Testimony to the condition that day is

Delhi drenched in rain

I already had to make sure that I should reach the workshop without getting stuck because of the clutch/gear problem and now on top of it I had to negotiate the heavy rain which would have possibly water logged a few intersections on the way.

For a moment I thought to drop the idea to go that day but then eventually decided that there is no guarantee that it would not rain tomorrow and I cant keep on deferring like that. Hence decided to take the plunge and started from home at around 7:20 AM. It was indeed a very interesting drive to workshop as I wanted to avoid gear changes as much as possible ( and hence avoiding clutch usage ). So was driving in 2nd and 3rd gear most of the times. Because of heavy rain and early morning time, there was not much rush on the road and although there was water logging as I had expected, still because of lesser rush, one could pass through some corner of the road where accumulation was less. All the way I kept praying that I don't hit any bottleneck and as a result get stuck up with Mr. Kappa's clutch not in a good mood. Thankfully, within 25 minutes and without any major bottleneck I was at the gate of HMP workshop which was now looking like a swimming pool of mud water. Typically there is a guard standing for taking note of car number etc there, but because of heavy rain - no one was to be seen.

So I just moved inside and parked the car. Within a few moment I see this guard with raincoat and all kind of colorful polythene coverings ready to note down the vehicle details. I finally went inside and got a service adviser assigned. I had come so early in such a bad weather and was thinking that I might be the first one to reach but to my surprise I found there were already two gentlemen who had managed to reach even before me and as a result my car was given a tag with number 3

Finally it was time to get to business and I showed the service adviser the clutch problem. One look and feel and he told me that the clutch had gone. I was like . A brand new car with <14K on the odometer had its clutch plate gone. He said most likely the reason would be riding the clutch. Now I was really angry at this logic.

Because of so much traffic jams in NCR - riding the clutch at times is unavoidable. However I am so particular myself not to do it that I just couldn't believe what this guy was saying. All through this time, I was the lone driver of this car and had never abused the clutch. For that matter, my M800 clutch finally got replaced after good 81K run in the same traffic conditions.

I just blasted the guy saying that this is not possible and he should check. Initially reluctant, he agrees to see if there is some other reason besides this. The problem was that he could find out the root cause only when he would open the clutch and check. He told me that I might have to pay for clutch disc. I said lets see when you open the clutch up and then talk on this.

The second issue was the under steering noise for which I asked him to come for a test drive. He refused saying that because of so much rain and noise outside, it will not be possible to hear any sound. Again I had to show my anger and tell him that noise is loud enough to be heard even in case of rain. So finally he sent a technical guy with me on the muddy road outside for TD. And as expected, as soon as we hit the uneven portion of road, the sound appeared. They again tried to figure out from where exactly the sound is coming by hitting their hand here and there but of no avail. Finally they said that they would open and check

Additionally I updated him about rest of the issues. I was told that because of such heavy rain, they were expecting some of their staff not to come and since the car required some work, he was not sure if all of it could be done today and I might have to collect the car the next day. I agreed on the same and left the workshop after giving service adviser a good talk about the fact that I wanted the issues to be resolved with his good attention and in a proper manner.

I later got a call around 4 PM from the service adviser that they have started work on the clutch and expect it to go in to next day. Additionally he said that he had got the brake pads cleaned, air filter changed and wheel balancing and alignment done. I also called him back around 6 PM just to make sure things keep on track.

To be continued....
Old 30th October 2009, 21:55   #55

Krrr noise - one more source

I have been using a black colored sportz for 8000kms predominantly in Mumbai city with ocassional drives out to Pune, Mahabaleshwar etc. 'Krrr' noise is what I have experienced too; but in my case it seemed to be coming from the central rear view mirror especially at low RPMs.

In tight right turns on city roads, the A section obstructs the vision especially if there is tall road divider leading to the intersection - there are many such in Mumbai. So have learnt to slow down on such occasions - something I did not have to do with the M800 I had before.

The car is a particularly good on highways to cruise at 100 - 120 kph. In the city one has to gear the car properly to prevent sluggishness ( yes, it can be as sluggish as a diesel in bumper to bumper traffic if one has the AC on & not in the right gear at the right time). Above some 50 kph, you can relax & allow the car to cruise along.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:30   #56
BHPian

I don't have any words for your review. It's so detailed and so well written. It's simply AWESOME. 5 stars from my side.

Keep up the good work buddy .
Old 31st October 2009, 14:12   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I used to press the horn it made a sound different from the usual one which used to die away.
I didnt bother about it too much.
Was this a warning sign about the battery which I ignored?

-svaid
Yes in a new car it was a warning sign the battery is getting weak. The 1st sign is always the engine turning over slower than normal when starting in the morning.

Once again, please get your car's electrical system check as mentioned below. It is rather unusual for a battery to fail so early in its life (keeping all Exide bashing aside).

Cheers!
Old 31st October 2009, 20:22   #58
BHPian

Servicing Details ( 3rd Service ) - Part 2

Day 2 - 11th September 2009

I called the service adviser at around 1 PM and asked him what was the status. He told me that the clutch plate needs to be replaced. He said that he was hopeful that the job would be done by evening and that he would keep me updated. I asked him about the noise from under steering which I had mentioned. He said that he didn't get the time to look in to it again and anyways CLUTCH is the main issue and noise is a secondary one.

I really got upset at this and told him that for me noise is even more important then clutch and he has to treat it as an important issue. He told me that he would have a look in to the same and will get it seen by a technician.

I again called him at 5 PM and asked about the status. He said that they will complete the clutch job in another half an hour and the under steering noise is being suspected from Steering motor which possibly would need replacement. I asked him if he was sure about this and he said that most likely that should be the reason.

I asked him whether I should come to see/collect the car. He said that he would give me a call and only after that I should start. I was in my office at Noida and it would have taken around good 40 minutes to reach HMP from there. Finally this guy calls me around 6:45 and tells that all is done now and I can come to collect the car. I told him that I would reach around 7:30 and I don't want to collect the car without proper inspection. Further I blasted him for not calling me earlier. He apologized and said that I can come early tomorrow to collect the car. With no other option, I agreed. In the meanwhile he again repeated that steering motor story to me to be the cause of that under steering noise.

Day 3 - 12th September 2009

12th September being a Saturday, I decided to go to HMP at around 11 AM to collect the car. Thankfully the day was sunny. I called up the service adviser around 10:45 AM but he doesn't pick up the phone. I try till 11:15 AM 3-4 times and finally call the HMP landline only to learn that this adviser hasn't come today. The lady on the other side though assured me that someone else would take care of the car delivery to me.

I finally reach HMP at around 12:30 PM albeit not in a very good mood and is attended by this new adviser. He shows me the clutch thing and now the clutch seems very smooth and light and looks good. I ask him for a test ride around the place to feel the clutch and also show him the under steering noise. The drive is nice with a softer clutch though as expected under steering noise is very much present. I tell this new adviser that apparently the car was shown to some technician and steering motor is being suspected. I became assertive that I want to know the root cause of the issue and he should either call the previous adviser or talk to the local technician who would have analyzed the steering noise and concluded that motor could be a suspect

This guy now asks me to wait in the customer lounge and shows up about after 35 minutes telling that the previous adviser is not picking his phone and he is not able to trace the technician. I give him a good piece of my mind and thats when he asks if I can wait for a couple of hours at the workshop. What he will do is get the steering issue investigated afresh by opening the same and doing the whole check. Disgusted with the proceedings, I agree and sit in customer lounge of HMP watching some movie on ZEE CINEMA. After about 1.5 hours, this guy again turns up and tells that they have opened the steering and checked. They dont believe that there is any problem with the steering motor. I am just going nuts now. The earlier service adviser was telling me that the issue is with steering motor and this one is now concluding the contrary.

I tell him I dont care what you are doing but I just need to know where the heck is the sound emanating from. So he goes back and comes after about 20 minutes. Now he tells me that they need to open the steering mount where it gets connected and check if there is any problem around that area. However such a procedure is time consuming and that I will not be able to get the car back today. Otherwise, he tells me I can take the car and come anytime later to get the issue addressed. It was already around 3:30 and I am literally losing my temper. I call up home and discuss with wife. She points out that we have already invested almost three days on the problem and now if I collect the car still with the issue its not worth it. So lets give them one more day and hope we have a resolution.

So I tell this guy back that he needs to make sure that whatever needs to be done is done today and I do get back the car tomorrow with this very problem rectified. As always, the adviser assures me - says some good words to calm my temper and shows a sense of urgency/concern for the issue while I finally move out of the workshop with another good whole day wasted on this activity.

To be continued.....
Old 1st November 2009, 02:38   #59
aZa
Senior - BHPian

svaid : Very detailed review Next time you are at HMP service do go into the service bay and check on your car. My getz was due for first service and i was shocked at the way they were taking cars over the divider in the front as there were many cars parked. A verna with alloys comes out of washing and the driver/mechanic coolly drove the left tyre over 8-10inch high divider, An accent was being cleaned and it was parked with one tyre over the divider... shocking! Anyway the feedback form provided during the billing actually helps... I found this (incase of feedback and service report) email address at the billing counter... cr_hmp@hmil.net

Hope everything goes well this time.
Old 6th November 2009, 11:25   #60
BHPian

Servicing Details ( 3rd Service ) - Part 3

Day 4 - 13th September 2009

The next day I call up the service adviser at around 11:30 AM and ask him about the status. He now tells me that they had opened the steering thing and checked the connectivity at the mount and nothing seems to be a suspect. They have not been able to locate the source of that noise. He tells me that they tried their best to trace the issue but have failed. There is a technical team which is available only on weekdays to which they would like to show the issue. I show him my frustration and reach workshop around 1 PM

This guy again apologizes and explains that they have tried their best. He gives me some details about what all they investigated. In nutshell even after four days, I am still not having the under-steering noise issue resolved. This was quiet frustrating but now I didn't want my car to stay at the service station any longer.

I decided to take the delivery of the car while the service adviser promised that I can come on any weekday to get the issue addressed ( This is a good statement which effectively means that because of lack of time - the issue would remain unresolved ). I inspect the car and to my horror find that the driver and co-passenger seat as well as door panels have black spots on them possibly because of the work done on the steering by the people over there. I immediately show this to the adviser and he quickly calls a couple of folks who spend another twenty minutes cleaning the mess.

I tell the adviser that I need to take a test drive before delivery. He says that they haven't done anything which requires a test drive but I tell him that I will not take the delivery before the TD. So a few minutes later we hit the road with under-steering noise still present. Now I discover that if I keep the steering straight, the car starts moving to the left. I point this to the adviser who tries to blame the road. I remain patient and ask him which road stretch does he believe to be good - Lets go and drive it there. We take a U-TURN and hit this patch and I show him the problem again.

Now this guy comes to the driver seat and once convinced that issue is there turns the car back to workshop. Basically when assembling back the steering thing, they have not adjusted it in the correct angle which now needs to be corrected. So we show this up to a guy in workshop and he fixes the same. The adviser again runs the car within a small space in workshop premises and is still not satisfied. So again the steering is bit adjusted. At this stage, adviser tells me to have a TD since now he thinks the issue is resolved.

I sit in the car and honk to the car in front of me to get the way out and find that the horn keeps on singing even after I have removed my hand from the steering. The adviser immediately calls the mechanic back and he opens the steering and does an adjustment. We are back on the road and everything looks fine now

We come back to workshop and I realize that because of that steering issue and mechanic working on it - the driver side seat again has the black spots. So another good fifteen minutes wasted at the workshop.

Finally around 4 PM - I am at the counter to make payments. The clutch disc is charged on me ( To be frank I was in no mood to fight [ In hindsight should have ] as I desperately wanted to take delivery ). The total amount came to INR 2165/-

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-3rd-service.jpg

The clutch plate which was replaced. Experts may comment on its state if evident from the photographs.

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-clutch_3rdservice_1.jpgi10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-clutch_3rdservice_2.jpgi10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-clutch_3rdservice_3.jpg

The Air Filter which was replaced

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-air_filter1.jpgi10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-air_filter2.jpgi10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-air_filter3.jpg

Comments on Workshop Experience
  • One of the areas I was totally unhappy about was the cleaning of the car. As evident from the details above, there were a lot of black spots on front driver seat, dashboard region around the steering and driver side door. Car was being claimed ready for delivery but it looked like no cleaning had actually been done. When I pointed this angrily to the service adviser, he quickly called couple of guys who would now do the cleaning to my satisfaction in another 15 minutes.
  • Another area where I am always concerned is professionalism. I have often seen that if there is any job related to steering, there is good probability that steering would be unaligned ( had past experience with M800 service as well). If there is anything done with electricals, your central locking might not be working correctly etc. These are the things that one should always check to make sure you can attribute them to the workshop. Otherwise if you come later, there is always a possiblilty of workshop disowning the issue.
  • Overall thumbs down to the service ( for my specific case ) as issue still remains even after the car being for around 4 days at HMP
Repeat Request to fellow owners - I would request fellow Hyundai owners who get servicing done at HMP Mathura Road to suggest any good advisers there who know their work and do it well. If nothing else, in future services - I will try to request for that adviser only so that these kind of unnecessary issues are not faced. Please update either in this thread or PM me the information.

Post Service Experience
  • The under-steer sound remained a irritant. I could never get time to give car for another couple of days for them to address the problem.
  • Clutch became smooth but I will give it a couple of months before I can believe that the issue is resolved. Reverse engagement and sometimes first gear engagement still remains an irritant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks