Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:40   #106
Senior - BHPian

Red Button

Guys,
Any idea what is this red button ?. This is right next to the accelerator pedal. Somehow i forgot to ask the service guys. One my friends i10 also has this button.
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc00261.jpg  

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc00262.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2009, 15:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Guys,
Any idea what is this red button ?. This is right next to the accelerator pedal. Somehow i forgot to ask the service guys. One my friends i10 also has this button.
The red button is called the "Valet/Programming" button and is a part of the add-on security remote system that you have installed in your car. You can go through the owners manual of the remote locking system that you installed in your car for further details on how to use and program the system using the valet switch.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:35   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The red button is called the "Valet/Programming" button and is a part of the add-on security remote system that you have installed in your car. You can go through the owners manual of the remote locking system that you installed in your car for further details on how to use and program the system using the valet switch.
"Add-on security remote system" , I have not installed any add-on security remote system. I use the company provided manual central locking.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:39   #109
BHPian

can anybody confirm if the sportz version comes with immobiliser or not
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
"Add-on security remote system" , I have not installed any add-on security remote system. I use the company provided manual central locking.
Really? Thats strange! coz i got an aftermarket Xenos FW200 remote locking system installed in my car and it had a similar button which had to placed anywhere in the cabin as per the driver's convenience. I got this valet switch installed just below the fog lamp switch.

Anyways, now that you say that you do not have any remote locking system installed in your car........i am really curious to know what that button is there for.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:51   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
can anybody confirm if the sportz version comes with immobiliser or not
No, it doesn't come with the immobilizer. For that matter even the Asta doesn't have it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
@svaid/@subhashnm/@carbine/@mr.bangalore,
Any of see this in your car.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:38   #113
BHPian

Guys,

The Versions of i10 Manufactured after May 2009 come with on board immobilizers. I guess even the "Era" has it.

@rk_sans, Do you see an indicator flashing continuously in your console after you pull the keys out ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Guys,

The Versions of i10 Manufactured after May 2009 come with on board immobilizers. I guess even the "Era" has it.
Even I think so.
Whats the clear indication that we have/don't have immobilizer in i10?

@ rk_sans

I do not have that button in my i10 Asta. Would be interested to know from other owners what's the button doing there !

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd December 2009 at 23:07.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:16   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

@rk_sans, Do you see an indicator flashing continuously in your console after you pull the keys out ?
Nope, i do not see.
But i know there is similar one indicator flashing in our Accent viva CRDI and i believe that's the immobilizers.
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Even I think so.
Whats the clear indication that we have/don't have immobilizer in i10?
Quote:
Nope, i do not see.
But i know there is similar one indicator flashing in our Accent viva CRDI and i believe that's the immobilizers.
Strange. I'm very sure that immobilizers are there in recent cars.

Take a look at this. I'm sure this man is bugged up with the immobilizer
HYUNDAI I10 Review, HYUNDAI I10 Price, Mileage, I10 magna poor reliability story - MouthShut.com
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. I'm very sure that immobilizers are there in recent cars.
Take a look at this. I'm sure this man is bugged up with the immobilizer
HYUNDAI I10 Review, HYUNDAI I10 Price, Mileage, I10 magna poor reliability story - MouthShut.com
Anyhow i am visiting the service center this weekend, as my car's front bumper has broken and i need to replace it. I will ensure this time to check with the service advisor.
Will keep you guys updated about it.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:27   #118
BHPian

Also refer to a thread in autocar forums which talks about immobilizer related observations.
@rk_sans - I dont see any button in my car( SPORTZ ) near the accelerator pedal. I will click a pic and post it later.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:37   #119
BHPian

Quote:
@svaid/@subhashnm/@carbine/@mr.bangalore,
Any of see this in your car.
Yes, I have this in my car. No clue what it is, though.

My Sportz was purchased in end-June 09. How do I check whether mine has got immobilizer or not? I see no light flashing after I take the keys out.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:18   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

you are right. there were also some small changes made "post may, 2009" to the interiors of the i10 which i noticed. The plastic trim inside the boot is now in a dark shade of brown which does not show up scruff marks of luggage kept in it like it used to show previously when this plastic trim was all beige in colour. Only the parcel shelf is still beige. The kick panels near all four doors were also beige and now they are all in dark brown. I find this a welcome change as these areas get soiled/scruffed more often than others inside the cabin of any car and dark shade of brown or black definately shows far less of it compared to beige which gets soiled/scruffed in no time.

Here is a pic of my i10 sportz which was bought last month. Notice the dark brown plastic cladding/trim in the boot.
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc00798.jpg

Here is a pic of the cabin. Notice the plastic trim behind the Front RHS seat belt. It is brown from there till all the way down including the kick panels as well. Its the same for all 4 doors now.
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc00794.jpg
IMHO, Small but very thoughtful changes by Hyundai

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 3rd December 2009 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks