Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 10:04   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@svaid/@subhashnm/@carbine/@mr.bangalore,
Any of see this in your car.

yes i do have that red button in the car.

Regarding the immobilizer, when i switch the ignition (without starting the engine) the immobilizer light comes up and when i start the engine this light goes off.. so wanted to confirm if Sportz version some with immobilizers or not.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
yes i do have that red button in the car.

Regarding the immobilizer, when i switch the ignition (without starting the engine) the immobilizer light comes up and when i start the engine this light goes off.. so wanted to confirm if Sportz version some with immobilizers or not.
Can you post some pics of it.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:49   #123
BHPian

As per my earlier understanding none of the variants of i10 had an immobilizer. I just double checked the i10 website. Under <Safety & Security> , there is no mention of immobilizer.(Refer the snapshot below)

I am wondering if this is something that they have silently added lately in response to iCATS of Maruti.
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-i10_safety.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 12:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post some pics of it.
here are few pics...
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-img00006200912041143.jpg  

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-img00007200912041143.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 12:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
here are few pics...

i do not have that 'key in car' light in my car - and thus mine is a non-immobilizer model!
My friend got a i10 magna kappa yesterday - shall check his car today and report.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:18   #126
Senior - BHPian

I do not have that in my car.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:57   #127
BHPian

Regarding the red button, i today checked my car which was purchased in May 2009, I do not have it.

Regarding the pics posted by prince my car has beige interiors & beige boot, so i guess i was the one of the last persons to be with this car. i also think that my car is not equipped with immobilizer.

But, overall i m happy with the car. But, one doubt that creeps up in my mind that why hasn't hyundai updated it on its website. also, after may 2009 the discounts increased by about 7-10k on i10. Shouldn't hyundai increase the price or lower discounts if it added a valuable feature like immobiliser.
Old 5th December 2009, 08:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

@prince85,
I saw in your garage, you have mentioned that you have changed the headlamps to "Philips Rally 90/100w Halogen Bulbs" and "Roots Headlight Relay Kit". I was of the opinion/heard that i10 headlamps cannot be upgraded. Could you please give more details on this. Cons, pros and costs, etc.

Guys,
I assume that we all are in the same boat with regards to the stock headlamps in i10 which is very bad, so i thought would bring this up in this thread.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I assume that we all are in the same boat with regards to the stock headlamps in i10 which is very bad, so i thought would bring this up in this thread.
The issue has already been extensively discussed in this thread. You can use the <search> option to look for it. Link to one of the post in this thread that might be of interest to you is _
Old 5th December 2009, 17:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
@prince85,
I saw in your garage, you have mentioned that you have changed the headlamps to "Philips Rally 90/100w Halogen Bulbs" and "Roots Headlight Relay Kit". I was of the opinion/heard that i10 headlamps cannot be upgraded. Could you please give more details on this. Cons, pros and costs, etc.

Guys,
Well i got the original Roots Relay kit which includes a headlight relay, complete socket-to-socket kinda wiring including heavy duty holders. This entire kit cost me around 700 bucks. I got Philips Rally 100/90w halogen bulbs in H4 for 300 bucks and all got done for 1k. The difference is surely there to be seen.

I have P4 HID's in the headlights(50W) as well as fog lamps(35W) of my SX4 and the daylight kinda vision it gives me at nites is insane. The philips rally in my i10 obviously doesn't give me the same sorta feeling but then its way better than the stock i10 setup by a mile.

I'd say go for it!

Last edited by prince85 : 5th December 2009 at 17:12.
Old 5th December 2009, 17:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
i do not have that 'key in car' light in my car - and thus mine is a non-immobilizer model!
My friend got a i10 magna kappa yesterday - shall check his car today and report.
My buddy who got his car couple of days back has an immobilizer equipped model.

So when exactly did Hyundai start putting immobilzers in i10?
Old 5th December 2009, 22:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
The issue has already been extensively discussed in this thread. You can use the <search> option to look for it. Link to one of the post in this thread that might be of interest to you is _
Yes, I know about using Osram or Philips but i did not know about using the Root Relay and increasing the wattage itself. Because I was of the opinion or rather i was told by the service guys that we cannot upgrade the wattage in i10 because the holders. In fact this was news to me.
But i have decided on going in for Philips Xtreme Power and would be changing it this week.
Your ownership reviews are so good and i have been following it right from day one and will not afford to miss each post on your thread.

@prince85,
Thanks for the info and i have decided to try the philips xtreme power right now.

Last edited by rk_sans : 5th December 2009 at 22:34.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:11   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My buddy who got his car couple of days back has an immobilizer equipped model.

So when exactly did Hyundai start putting immobilzers in i10?
Hi,

I got my i10 in the month of June and at that time I got some news that they were going to put the immobilisers in i10 ala iCATS in the Marutis.

I asked the HMP guys about this and the showroom (HMP Chennai) told me that was I was correct but I would have to wait for atleast a month to get that model since they had just started production of those models (with immobilsers). While I was wondering whether to wait for that since when they tell a month it may go on to two or more than that, they offered to put in a remote key lock with immobilser (NIPPON) as a free accessory to compensate for that.

I thought what the heck, anyway I am getting a immobliser (a genuine Hyundai accessory) so I went for that offer.

So my guess is all the i10s that are coming out of production after the month of Aug or Sep should be having this. But don't know for sure.
Old 6th December 2009, 00:16   #134
BHPian

Quote:
yeah right i m not into bumper to bumper traffic since i usually travel in outer ring road most of the time. i have not done long drives so cant comment on highway FE. yes i calculated for 10liters from the time the fuel low fuel indication appears (i know it is not accurate unless calculated top up) but i did this for 4-5 times all the time i used to get 14+ kml. i use IOC normal petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
I would have expected better figures for a mixed city/highway drive. I get around 13.5+( measured using auto cut ) with 100% AC in Delhi ( read it as crawling in jams for most of the drive ). Do mention this to the service adviser on next service just to see if he has any feedback on the same

When you go for refueling and go for tank full, you would have noticed that the machine/nozzle keeps on filling the petrol and eventually stops when it gets a feedback that the tank is full. That is called auto-cut meaning the fuel supply is automatically cut off sensing that the tank is full. Normally, you can put more fuel even after the auto cut has happened eg till you start seeing the fuel overflowing( not a nice thing to see ). Thats the actual tank full
Guys! An update. Finally my i10 managed a mileage figure of 14 kmpl in the city with 100% AC!!

So the baby, after 1.1 years and 9038 kms finally attained the figure. Last fill had returned 12.5 with HP Power. This time it was HP normal. But the factors responsible for this mileage, i feel, are
1) Was hardly involved in bumper to bumper crawling traffic in the duration of measurement.
2) Changed my driving style i.e., consciously followed all the advice given in this excellent thread! Thanks a lot guys. This thread definitely teaches one and all, how to get the best out of our i10 kappa!

Figures:
Auto cut off fill to Auto cut off fill distance travelled: 339 kms
Total filled : 24.22 litres
=> mileage of : 13.99 kmpl
Old 6th December 2009, 13:17   #135
BHPian

Quote:
But i have decided on going in for Philips Xtreme Power and would be changing it this week.
Glad you made that choice. Personally, I am very skeptical of adding additional relays etc i.e playing around with any electricals impacting the standard specification.
Do update us on the results and your experience with the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Finally my i10 managed a mileage figure of 14 kmpl in the city with 100% AC!!

2) Changed my driving style i.e., consciously followed all the advice given in this excellent thread! Thanks a lot guys. This thread definitely teaches one and all, how to get the best out of our i10 kappa!
I am so happy to hear that. Given that you have just achieved what fellow owners would also be looking to do - why dont you sum up the exact changes in driving style that you adopted which you believe led to this benefit. I know that there are posts in this thread either by me or other fellow owners regarding this subject - but a consolidated post listing the same would be really useful for one and all. And it would be no better than coming from you who has just seen some +ve result

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks