Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 11:07   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
there was a kind of thing, where you remove two screws from behind the driver foot well and adjust the TPS(throttle position sensor) setting from 7 to 5. so everytime it you acelerate the car doesnt go crazy already to bite. this claims has improved FE. found this at the hyundai uk forums. has somebody tried this?

hmm. that is interesting. can you share the link or pics if anything?
Old 18th June 2010, 11:15   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
there was a kind of thing, where you remove two screws from behind the driver foot well and adjust the TPS(throttle position sensor) setting from 7 to 5. so everytime it you acelerate the car doesnt go crazy already to bite. this claims has improved FE. found this at the hyundai uk forums. has somebody tried this?
TP sensor is not behind the throttle pedal in the footwell, it is on the throttle body butterfly unit inside the engine compartment. It is behind the engine on 1.1irde and ahead of the engine in 1.2 Kappa.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:35   #273
BHPian

Car not used for 3 weeks; Vibrations felt afterwards!

Guys, was out fo the country for three weeks. So hadn't used my car. Now that i have started using it, i feel that it is not as smooth as it used to be! And at first two gears, i feel some vibrations when it is trying t pull the car from slow speeds.

Also, i loved driving in the sweet spots i.e., at a particular gear and at a particular rpms combination, the drive used to feel like a glide! Least sound and simple gliding motion! Now i am struggling to find it!

Any idea guys? Last year during august to October i had left the car unused for the same reason. But then nothing had happened after wards.

Could some possible rusting be the reason? Will it be okay after a few drives? If not i plan to take it to the service center.
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:57   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Could some possible rusting be the reason? Will it be okay after a few drives? If not i plan to take it to the service center.
iPai please take it to the service center and have it checked.

Guys another query, The beige interiors are reflecting onto the windshield and I find it very difficult at atimes since it is blinding during peek noon when the sun is shining high. I sent a mail to the Hyundai customer care and I got a call the very next day (mind you, it was a sunday). They had fixed an appointment with DSC Saidapet asking me to bring my vehicle so that the SA can suggest a solution.

Any of guys faced this problem? any workable solution?
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:17   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Guys another query, The beige interiors are reflecting onto the windshield and I find it very difficult at atimes since it is blinding during peek noon when the sun is shining high. I sent a mail to the Hyundai customer care and I got a call the very next day (mind you, it was a sunday). They had fixed an appointment with DSC Saidapet asking me to bring my vehicle so that the SA can suggest a solution.

Any of guys faced this problem? any workable solution?
MutantX, let us know what the SA suggests about the reflection on to windscreen. This is really bothering in shaded roads with flickering lights.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:27   #276
BHPian

dude, am sure these guys will not have any suggestion! they would ask me to fit sun film.. thats all.. i know this would be their answer even before going there! OMG!how many od you guys have this problem with the beige interior reflections?
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:08   #277
BHPian

Dude, am back from DSC. The SA has asked me to place some sort of a leather/rexien kinda cover on top of the dash so that it wouldnt reflect the beige interiors!

To all i10 owners, I would like to know how to avoid this reflection? any solution from you guys
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:50   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, am back from DSC. The SA has asked me to place some sort of a leather/rexien kinda cover on top of the dash so that it wouldnt reflect the beige interiors!

To all i10 owners, I would like to know how to avoid this reflection? any solution from you guys
Simple solution to avoid the glare is to wear polarised sunglasses while driving in sunny weather.

Another option is to use a dash cover. Ask for the same in auto accessory shops.

Rohan
Old 6th July 2010, 14:25   #279
BHPian

Guys, this thread is really good.

I have a query. Please clarify or get me a link if you have experienced like this.

In my i10 sportz (1.5 yrs old), I noticed during last rainy time that only 3 lines out of all in the rear defogger are working. Now my car is due for 4th service (1st paid service) and I am worrying whether I need to pay more to fix it now. Any suggestion?
Old 6th July 2010, 14:40   #280
BHPian

Hi Vijay, ask the SA for suggestion. I dont think it would cost much. Might just need some cleaning/position checks. Call up KUN Hyundai (Mount Road) and ask for the technical team. Tell them your exact problem, I am sure they would provide you with a solution.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:02   #281
BHPian

Thanks MutantX.

Actually my service is due with DSC. I am thinking to consult it's SA. Do you have any specific suggestion to consult KUN in this issue? If there is a difference, I can go ahead. At the same time after one year free service with DSC, is it OK to shift to other service station if required?
Old 6th July 2010, 15:10   #282
BHPian

vijayk, it doesnt matter. It is good to buy the car from DSC and have it serviced from KUN.

DSC gives the best discounts and excellent pre-sales & sales service. KUN does not give any good discounts *atleast in my case*. As for the after sales service, KUN is better, highly professional.

As in your case, consult KUN & DSC and get to understand how it can be resolved and the cost involved.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:06   #283
BHPian

Quote:

Well, the i10 dashboard reflecting on the front windscreen can be very irritating especially during summers with the sun blaring down on your windscreen i had a tough time coming to grips with it more so coz i had no such problems when driving my primary car i.e SX4..

Like Rohan mentioned a few posts earlier, polarised sunglasses do help in this case to a large extent and i can vouch for that coz thats what i did for the first 2 weeks with this car.....but i was in search for a permanent solution and wasn't happy at all....Then during sunfilm installtion...i decided to go for front tints as well and finalised on the top of the line front windshield tints from LLumar called the AIR-80. It cost me 8k just for the front windshield....The sides + rears got the LLumar Black-20 for 2k....But boy did it make a difference??? The dashboard reflecting on the front winshield is down by like 80% and it feels just awesome to drive now!!

I don't know what it is with these front tints....but i can vouch for the fact that good quality front tints definately help in cutting down glare and dashboard reflection on the wndshield!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 7th July 2010 at 10:09.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:17   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Well, the i10 dashboard reflecting on the front windscreen can be very irritating especially during summers with the sun blaring down on your windscreen i had a tough time coming to grips with it more so coz i had no such problems when driving my primary car i.e SX4..

Like Rohan mentioned a few posts earlier, polarised sunglasses do help in this case to a large extent and i can vouch for that coz thats what i did for the first 2 weeks with this car.....but i was in search for a permanent solution and wasn't happy at all....Then during sunfilm installtion...i decided to go for front tints as well and finalised on the top of the line front windshield tints from LLumar called the AIR-80. It cost me 8k just for the front windshield....The sides + rears got the LLumar Black-20 for 2k....But boy did it make a difference??? The dashboard reflecting on the front winshield is down by like 80% and it feels just awesome to drive now!!

I don't know what it is with these front tints....but i can vouch for the fact that good quality front tints definately help in cutting down glare and dashboard reflection on the wndshield!

Cheers
price, this was the kinda feedback that I was expecting. Thank you! Let me have the tints fitted this week. I mean, I can live with the glare, but it is sure dangerous at times. For me it is always Safety > comfort > $$
Old 7th July 2010, 10:41   #285
BHPian

Quote:
price, this was the kinda feedback that I was expecting. Thank you! Let me have the tints fitted this week. I mean, I can live with the glare, but it is sure dangerous at times. For me it is always Safety > comfort > $$
You can look at good quality windshield tints from VKOOL, LLumar or 3M..You will be good with either! It will surely help cut down the dash reflection on the windscreen (maybe not entirely......but surely to an extent where u'll notice a positive difference)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks