Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 23:06   #331
BHPian

Re: i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report

Hi Folks
It has been quite sometime since I posted on this thread. The time has come for the paid service for Mr. Kappa. As I mentioned in my previous post- I moved Bangalore a few months back. Driving on congested roads of Bangalore seems to have taken some toll on Mr Kappa. Off late - I am observing that on cold start - there is a feel on the clutch pedal as if it passes through something obstructing ( tak feel ) both on pressing and releasing the clutch pedal. However after a while - it becomes smooth only to be again seen again on a cold start. Can you guys help make out what is cooking here?

I am not very sure what could be the problem but definitely know that it needs to be addressed in the upcoming service. I am putting up near Sarjapur Road and Advaith Hyundai is the nearest workshop. Assuming some work is required on the clutch - do you guys recommend that workshop or should i give the car for servicing somewhere else. Will appreciate your feedback on this.
-Shivam
Old 7th September 2011, 08:12   #332
BHPian

I too had the same tak tak sound coming from my clutch too. When i mentioned it during my service, they replaced the clutch cable, all is fine now. As i had EW, it was replaced FOC for me.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:50   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I too had the same tak tak sound coming from my clutch too. When i mentioned it during my service, they replaced the clutch cable, all is fine now.
@anandtheleo - did you feel the clutch to be hard as well during that time? I feel the clutch has turned quite hard along with this observation.
Would also appreciate if fellow Bangalore members can help suggest recommended service workshop.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:54   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
I am putting up near Sarjapur Road and Advaith Hyundai is the nearest workshop. Assuming some work is required on the clutch - do you guys recommend that workshop or should i give the car for servicing somewhere else. Will appreciate your feedback on this.
-Shivam
Shivam, i stay at Bellandur, close to Sarjapur Road. I do recommend you that workshop. Let me know when you are going. I will PM you my SA's number. Talk to him. I trust him a lot. Every time i give my car to servicing, i call him up and fix up an appointment. He knows about Team BHP(from me of course ) too.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:00   #335
BHPian

I give my i10 at the same service center on Sarjapur Road as I live closer by. Its not so satisfactory so far. I heard from my other friends that the one on Hosur Road, Trident Hyundai is a better place with the sales and services. But if its your only option, then give it on a weekday.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:19   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks
I am putting up near Sarjapur Road and Advaith Hyundai is the nearest workshop. Assuming some work is required on the clutch - do you guys recommend that workshop or should i give the car for servicing somewhere else. Will appreciate your feedback on this.
-Shivam
I have been getting my i10 serviced from Advaith Hyundai ORR and I am satisfied with their service.

But I have noticed that there is a lot of rush on weekends and hence there may be a lack of personal attention give to your vehicle by the SA, if given for servicing on weekends.

Hence, I would suggest you to take a service appointment on a weekday and preferably reach there early morning to beat the rush.

Rohan
Old 7th September 2011, 10:47   #337
BHPian

Quote:
@anandtheleo - did you feel the clutch to be hard as well during that time? I feel the clutch has turned quite hard along with this observation.
Would also appreciate if fellow Bangalore members can help suggest recommended service workshop.
Yes i did feel the clutch was getting hard, this too was solved with the clutch cable change.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:07   #338
BHPian

Thanks a lot all for your inputs. @iPai - I will PM you for the SA number when I plan to give it for service.
BTW what is the typical wait time - i.e if I call today, when will they have a slot available for servicing?
- Shivam
Old 7th September 2011, 16:11   #339
BHPian

Shivam, as mentioned by @samabhi and @rohan_iitr, weekdays are best. You can ask him and he will give you which day to come. Avoid weekends. He may probably ask you to come on some weekday at say 9 30 AM.

Do PM me, i will reply with his name and number.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:12   #340
BHPian

I hope this is the right thread to post my issue as all are discussed here.

Yesterday, I found that the horn sound was little low in my 2.5 yrs, 26K km i10 sportz. After few minutes of journey, it was slowly reduced. Today, there is no sound coming from horn. What could be the issue?

The car was just completed the regular service last month. Now I am planning to take my car to service center this Sunday. Need help if any of you already experienced a similar issue.

I also have the rattling issue coming from steering column during ride on bad roads. I know it was discussed lot by many i10 owners. I am observing it for last 1 year but I didn’t tell it during the service as I was afraid of tearing my car by service person and enabling any other new issue. But during my last service (last month), I told him clearly that if he already knew this issue and able to fix it, then touch the steering column, other wise NO. The service advisor told me that it can be fixed during my next visit (this Sunday) as the stock (something called damper) was not available during my last service. Have anyone come across this solution and how helped it to arrest the rattling issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:03   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I also have the rattling issue coming from steering column during ride on bad roads. I know it was discussed lot by many i10 owners. I am observing it for last 1 year but I didn’t tell it during the service as I was afraid of tearing my car by service person and enabling any other new issue. But during my last service (last month), I told him clearly that if he already knew this issue and able to fix it, then touch the steering column, other wise NO. The service advisor told me that it can be fixed during my next visit (this Sunday) as the stock (something called damper) was not available during my last service. Have anyone come across this solution and how helped it to arrest the rattling issue?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Vijayk, yes this issue was with my car as well. However during 2nd service, almost an year back it was resolved completely. It was done by the service center itself, they said, Hyundai has officially supplied a kit which solves this issue. I don't know in reality is there any kit but the issue is solved, no steering rattling heard after that, whatever bad the roads may be.
Old 5th October 2011, 20:20   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Hi Vijayk, yes this issue was with my car as well. However during 2nd service, almost an year back it was resolved completely. It was done by the service center itself, they said, Hyundai has officially supplied a kit which solves this issue. I don't know in reality is there any kit but the issue is solved, no steering rattling heard after that, whatever bad the roads may be.
Thanks for the update. It sounds good. Now I understand the reason behind the confident words of service adviser to fix it. It seems he already fixed it for many i10.

Any of you had a similar experience about the horn issue I posted above?
Old 6th October 2011, 11:55   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds good. Now I understand the reason behind the confident words of service adviser to fix it. It seems he already fixed it for many i10.

Any of you had a similar experience about the horn issue I posted above?
I have replace the stock horn with Roots Windtone, so no issue.
Old 6th October 2011, 23:19   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I have replace the stock horn with Roots Windtone, so no issue.
Thanks for the update. Could you please share the detail about it (the variant of Windtone and price)?

As today is holiday to me but service center is opened, I have taken my car to service and arrested the steering wheel column rattling issue and replaced the horn (without any cost as my car is in 3rd yr extended warranty). But the horn sound is not as good as old one. It is flat but not sharp sound like before. I would like to replace it and hence need suggestions.
Old 7th October 2011, 12:34   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Could you please share the detail about it (the variant of Windtone and price)?

As today is holiday to me but service center is opened, I have taken my car to service and arrested the steering wheel column rattling issue and replaced the horn (without any cost as my car is in 3rd yr extended warranty). But the horn sound is not as good as old one. It is flat but not sharp sound like before. I would like to replace it and hence need suggestions.
Ask any accessory guy for ROOTS WINDTONE Skoda type horn(12v), shouldn't cost you more than 600 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks