Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 14:26   #181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
1. I feel the charges for throttle body cleaning are on the lower side. I remember doing this for my Esteem more than 2 years ago and ended up paying more than 600 INR at the M.A.S.S for this alone.

2. My battery is also on its last legs with my Civic completing 3 years and 2 months now. Planning to go in for Amaron as usual. Need to decide on the model though.

3. The dent in the bonnet does not seem to be a major one. Did you get the entire bonnet repainted for this ? If so, how would you rate the quality of workmanship on the paint job? Thanks.
1. I have found Honda charges very reasonable.
2. Amaron has only on compatible model which is a 5 year warranty (30+30m)one. Pro AAM-PR-0055B24LS.
3. Yes it was not too bad, but the bulge would have let in muck. Yes, the whole panel has to be redone. Quality is top rate. No complaints.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 20:23   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Amaron has only one compatible model which is a 5 year warranty (30+30m)one. Pro AAM-PR-0055B24LS.
Exactly. Mine is that model '55B24LS' bought in Feb-2010, still going strong.
Cost was Rs.4,950 minus Rs.400 for the old one back then.

(Photo when I did the exchange)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-100_9489.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2013, 18:43   #183
BHPian

Throttle body cleaning charges are indeed low. Mahindra is charging exorbitant amounts for logan . Each paid service is 2500 plus taxes. Tb cleaning and tune up is charged at rs. 1500/-
I started doing the throttle body cleaning myself to avoid these charges.
Btw cost of throttle body for the Renault k7m is 7500/- plus 1500/- labour.
After reading your post Sir, I am tempted to buy the amaze over tata or maruti
Old 26th August 2013, 11:12   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
After reading your post Sir, I am tempted to buy the amaze over tata or maruti
TB charges may be higher for Diesels. My son bought a City AVN in July and is now looking at the Brio / Amaze. These replace his Swift ZXi and Santro! So the writing is on the wall.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:25   #185
BHPian

I meant the logan petrol sir 1.6. Shockingly high service charges. I sold the car yesterday... Finally. 1.28 lacs in maintenance over 3 yrs and 48000 Km's. I am drained emotionally having used fiat uno diesel, logan 1.6 petro, tata safari tactic, hyundai accent 1.5 gls henceforth shall only look at cars with low maintenance / service cost and high resale . Currently have a xylo and wife uses wagon r k 1.1 retrofitted to cng. Both have low maintenance. I am looking for second car for cheap city runaround with good resale, low running and service cost and good resale. And most importantly high seats and good ride quality. Logan had terrific ride, everything else in this range and above pales in front of sheer cushy ride of logan. I have a chronic lower back problem and I am 6 ft tall. Ecosport has good ingress and comfortable seat but the I am seriously concerned about after sales of ford. I want low maintenance. And good resale.Period. Any ideas professor?
Old 27th August 2013, 09:19   #186
BANNED

@HIGHNOON; Shocking figures indeed. Even Hyundai were nowhere near that.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:58   #187
BHPian

A quick question, the facelift was launched in June 2010?
I ask, 'cause I am currently looking at picking up a pre-owned 2010 V AT, but a Jan 2010!
Old 27th August 2013, 19:42   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
A quick question, the facelift was launched in June 2010?
I ask, 'cause I am currently looking at picking up a pre-owned 2010 V AT, but a Jan 2010!
The face-lift happened end of 2009, November (or September) if I am right, certainly not June 2010. My car is a Jan 2010 manufactured car and it is a facelifted version.

Last edited by rr_zen : 27th August 2013 at 20:01.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:31   #189
BANNED

HID fog installation

I installed the 55W, 3000K, H11s on Saturday. I essentially followed http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...osts-must-dos-

The before and after photographs have been taken at the same time on two successive days, the images are comparably.Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-1dashbefore.jpg
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-2dashafter.jpg
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-3headonpre.jpg
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-4headon_post.jpg

As far as the installation goes, it was more or less as per the video, except that there are no clips, and there are a couple of locating lugs at the bottom. I am showing the ballast and lamp,
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-5ballastlamp.jpg
the opening
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-6socket.jpg
and the connectorsHonda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-7connectors.jpg.
The connector will not push in, so I first removed the outer casing, still no luck. I discovered the pitch wass different. So I removed the old connectors, and soldered in fresh connectors (the additional wires on the bulb connector) using heat shrisk tubing to seal.

Total time taken about two hours for the first (due to the connector problem) and one hour for the second.
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:47   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I installed the 55W, 3000K, H11s on Saturday. I essentially followed http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...osts-must-dos-
What is the total cost involved ?

Sir, I would like to know whether synthetic engine oil is as effective as normal engine oil and how frequently it has to be changed and what is the cost per litre and any particular brand you can suggest

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th September 2013 at 07:44.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:39   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
Sir, I would like to know whether synthetic engine oil is as effective as normal engine oil and how frequently it has to be changed and what is the cost per litre and any particular brand you can suggest
As per Honda synth has to be replaced once a year while semi- once in six months. Change interval inboth is 10,000km. I find the cost of Synth is almost exactly double of mineral (vector in the additional filter change). I find the Idemitsu 0W30 (as sold by Honda) pretty good. In my Brio I am using semi- Idemitsu/ Savita oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
What is the total cost involved ?
I cannot state the exact amount - let me say it is well under 6000.The supplier is a chap in Kochi who goes by the handle XenonPro on the other forum. He is at the moment doing other things so is not too keen on the accessory business.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th September 2013 at 07:44.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:59   #192
BANNED

I had a failure on my trip to Gurgaon. Surprisingly it was the ballast. Possibly the SH22A gave it a full shake test - though the lights were Ok when we reached Gurgaon. Replaced the Ballast (cost 1700) and also got two H11/3000K/55W bulbs from ebstore on eBay.com (US) for about $31. These arrived today. Replaced the one where I had broken the lugs during installation: colour,output appears to be the same. In fact the general get up of the two is nearly identical.I cannot find any difference!

My FRAM Dust & Pollen Filter has also been shipped from Mumbai. Hope to see and install it next week.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:50   #193
BANNED

Got the Dust & Pollenj Filter FRAM CF10132 last week 0n 22/11 and installed it. Now let me see. Most interesting will be the amount of muck collecting there.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:49   #194
BANNED

Service at 3-1/2 years

Got the service done. Total damages Rs,6011.

Additional work:
AC gas recharge. They use an Elgi automatic system with minimal intervention. The full charge is 475gm and the unit actually had about 375gm. Automatically, pumped out and gas reclaimed, then evacuated for 10 minutes plus, held for about three minutes, followed by a gas refill with fresh oil.

HID Fix: I had installed the HID fogs, but did not properly fix the ballasts. I had just lassoed then inside the bumper. Now got them properly bolted on to the bumper carrier. Nice of them not to charge for this.

SILENCER FELT: Twice my exhaust rear rubber bracket had come out of the hook, with the exhaust resting on the rear axle. Last service after it had happened the first time, it was left as 'one of those things'. This time it was checked properly and the sprint loaded bolt at the rear end (before the rubber hanger) had sheared off. It was replaced, as was the rubber hanger.

OIL: Honda Synth 0W30 API-SM (not SN?) from Savita.

CLIPS: In my (mis)adventure of SH22A from Yamuna E'way to Palwal, and the abysmal roads inside Gurgaon (thanks to the Express Metro work) I managed to shear off six of them and somewhat damage the other two. I was able to avoid bottoming (front and rear) on SH22A but had the front end botoming in Gurgaon, so quite like the latter can take the credit.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-scanned-271113-0852.jpg  

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th November 2013 at 10:01.
Old 26th December 2013, 13:56   #195
BANNED

Expreience with HID foglights

I drove back from Lucknow (100km) on Sunday the 22nd late at night (started 10:00pm). There was bad fog in places (abut 40km) and moderate likewise. This was the first time I used my HID fogs (55W, 3000K) extensively. It was a pleasant experience (as far as driving in fog can be called pleasant), the usual buses jumping around notwithstanding. 3000K was a big help, and now I may be tempted to go down to 2700K in my Brio.

Most Viewed