Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2011, 10:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The condenser was Rs.11.1k or so.The sticker price is12.5+.
11k is not bad Sir. How much did they charge for AC gas? Painting two panels should be around 8k+.
Old 31st December 2011, 12:27   #122
Senior - BHPian

Gas was 1,250. Condenser R & R 400. The paint job was Rs.6000. Invoice is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-scan0001a.jpg  

Old 16th January 2012, 09:51   #123
BHPian

Hi sgiitk have zeroed in on a pre owned honda civic from Classic Automotive Bangalore. Its a sparingly used 07 registered 2nd owner 1.8V automatic. Has run only 18k. Appears in good condition. Need your help to validate a few things:
1. How do you check if the car is accident free?
2. Is the car price of 6.95 L all inclusive a fair buy?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
navinmra
Old 17th January 2012, 15:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it was gravel from the road/highway. One of those things.
An A/C condensor getting damaged from a stone hit on the highway ! Guess I need to be extra careful when navigating through those roads with loose gravel especially after the monsoons now.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
Hi sgiitk have zeroed in on a pre owned honda civic from Classic Automotive Bangalore. Its a sparingly used 07 registered 2nd owner 1.8V automatic. Has run only 18k. Appears in good condition. Need your help to validate a few things:
Regards,
navinmra
Price looks good for a 2007 sparingly used Civic. AT?

Check the service history. If the car was regularly serviced at say, Whitefield Honda you can check with them.

Also you can get a qualified mechanic with you to inspect the car.

You can also check the insurance to see if there have been any claims. I assume that for major issues, they had used insurance.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:15   #126
BHPian

@csentil I got whitefield to check the car and they gave it a clean chit. However they did not have a service record because it was serviced at Magnum. Now Magnum does not give service history on the phone so will need to pay them a visit. In the meanwhile I did manage to drive the car for 50 odd km and it does drive very nicely and I did not see any sign of abuse (and cover up) either in the cabin or the engine bay and under carriage. Its an automatic. So I guess I am closing deal afterall.
Thanks!
Old 17th January 2012, 16:38   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Regards,
navinmra
I think I've come across this car on carwale.com, mileage is a huge suspect for a 5 yr old car & since it's a dealer's car I'd be more skeptical about it.
PS a well known car dealer in B'lore told me he can make the new owner as 2nd owner(thru his links with the rto) even if the car already had 2 owners
So tread carefully, try calling Honda service if anything fishy walk away.
If all checks pass, try to bargain closer to 6ish since it has 2 owners.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regards,
navinmra
Hello Navin, please go through below thread to help you in buying any used vehicle.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

Check a few things like the tyres for instance.See what mfg date they are.They should be roughly around the same date as the manafacture date of the car.If they are new or say just 6 months old or so you can be certain something's fishy.Not many Civic's will need new tyres in just 18k

Check for wear and tear of the brake pedals.If they are heavily worn out means the car has clocked more miles than just 18K.Also look for similar signs on the steering wheel,dasboard buttons etc.

Be aware of the Civic's notrious problem of the engine mount.This should be checked by a trusted mechanic/garage etc.

Good Luck.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:42   #129
BHPian

Thanks folks.
I did check the tires and they are '06 manufactured and tally with the car manufacture. There is no uneven wear and tear of the tires and I also figured the wear and tear inside the cabin was minimal.
I also checked the engine mounts do look in good shape and Whitefield did not find anything amiss.
I suppose these pre-owned cars are a gamble. The only hope I have is that I have been able to maintain a 10 year Opel Swing in good condition and learned to read its symptoms and troubleshoot it. Hopefully I get to know this car as intimately!
thanks again and I just closed the deal with the dealer (knowing he probably made at least 50K on the deal )
Old 18th January 2012, 09:55   #130
Senior - BHPian

For a 2007 car be suspicious of the mileage, but then my car hardly does 5000pa. Check on the tyres - 18,000 will be too early to change tyres (typical life 25,00-35,000) , but they should be wearing thin. Also, check the pedal rubber, it wears out in about 50,000km so should not have been replaced. Since doubt has been raised better check. the fsh is a good point. See that the car has done proper mileage, else some numbers may be odd.
Old 18th January 2012, 12:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a 2007 car be suspicious of the mileage, but then my car hardly does 5000pa.
Mine is still worse. Has done 6.5k in 22 months now ! Of course, I do not intend to sell my car at least for the next 10 years.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:19   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Mine is still worse. Has done 6.5k in 22 months now ! Of course, I do not intend to sell my car at least for the next 10 years.
I am no better off either.In the 6 months that i have owned my pre-worshipped Civic i have managed to clock ~1350 kms on the odo.
Old 19th January 2012, 08:58   #133
Senior - BHPian

@navinmra; they I would say go ahead.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:42   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my car hardly does 5000pa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am no better off either.In the 6 months that i have owned my pre-worshipped Civic i have managed to clock ~1350 kms on the odo.

Guys, I know a few people also use their cars much extensively. I think laluks (or is that manim!) has done close to 100k on his car.

I have done 24,500+ red hot kms on my car which is going to celebrate its 1st birthday with me tomorrow! Odo reads 58,789 kms as of this morning.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post

I have done 24,500+ red hot kms on my car which is going to celebrate its 1st birthday with me tomorrow! Odo reads 58,789 kms as of this morning.
Congrats on her(his??) First birthday.
That's some decent mileage too.
My Concorde will celebrate it's birthday on 31-Jan.

@sgiit,
I was reading your posts ELSEWHERE, so are you planning to put HID's on your Fog lamps??
Don't that be too much of glare at Foreground and for the on-coming vehicle too ?

I've ordered Hid's for my Blazer Fog lamps(1 Halogen bulb went for a toss), it's on it's way (this time from China)
I have put FX-R projectors in my Low-beam now with 4300K Morimoto Bulbs.
Replaced the H1 mini Morimoto Projectors, it's almost day and night difference interms of light output.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks