Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 15:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Link(s) Advice please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have decided to bite the bullet and add remote control to the music system. What I want to do is controls on the steering wheel - volume, channel, mode etc.

I remember a thread on this somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction - source, price, installation, etc.
IIRC, there were two bhp-ians who did this m4gr8 & Ace355. Link to the threads below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1428016 (Modded Honda Civics)

Installation guide:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2258764

Hope these help. And do let us know how the exercise went. I would love to have them on my Civic anyday.

Another tip - I also got it confirmed from Ace that the city steering audio control unit fits the Civic and they are one and the same.
Old 19th November 2015, 19:23   #212
BANNED

Re: Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver

@rr_zen; Both links are dropping me into the main menu, but there are enough clues to locate. So I will try. I am returning to Kanpur only in the first week of December so things have to wait a bit.

City Unit is handy. I saw it in my son's AVN and thought as much.

Last edited by sgiitk : 19th November 2015 at 19:27.
Old 20th November 2015, 05:29   #213
Senior - BHPian

Re: Link(s) Advice please

Quote:
I have decided to bite the bullet and add remote control to the music system. What I want to do is controls on the steering wheel - volume, channel, mode etc.

I remember a thread on this somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction - source, price, installation, etc.
Here you go sir.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2258764

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1428016
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 18:17   #214
BANNED

Got the service done after one year and a bit over 4000km, incl two Gurgaon trips and one trip to Orchcha.

The unit needed replacement of the Driver's airbag actuator. Total time one day. We had returned from Gurgaon only on the 3rd evening. I called on the 4th and they were willing to collect the car. They did not have Synth in stock and wanted to put in semi (10W40) which I was not keen on. They then located synth in their other workshop and got it. Good job as usual.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-scan2_20151205_1740452-copy.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2016, 09:28   #215
BANNED

Got the Civic serviced on Monday. Quite disappointed since Synthetic Oil was not available, so had to go Mineral. Also wiper blade rubbers were not available. Have ordered them from amazon. They did replace the Actuator for the passenger Airbag under the recall.

Only positive thing, a bill for under 3300!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-civic_serv.png  

sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 13:01   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Civic serviced on Monday. Quite disappointed since Synthetic Oil was not available, so had to go Mineral.
Out of curiosity, does the mineral *feel* any worse than the synthetic? Less smooth perhaps?
Old 29th November 2016, 22:44   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Out of curiosity, does the mineral *feel* any worse than the synthetic? Less smooth perhaps?
Ask me. I got my Civic serviced too last month and synthetic oil was noṭ available here too. From the workshop itself I spoke to some people in Idemitsu; which is the OE oil supplier for honda, that in case it is possible to deliver a can of synthetic oil at workshop itself. They told me that idemitsu has temporarily stopped making synthetic oil for Honda. They will soon be coming out with 0W-20 grade oil in place of 0w-30 which the Civic traditionally uses.

Guess it hasn't happened as yet. I too had to go with mineral oil.

Coming to your question that if it feels worse (or is it noticeable) then my answer will be YES! The engine certainly isn't the same animal with the 5W-30 mineral oil, particularly at higher revs. My highway drives never returned less than 14 KMPL during the use of synthetic oil but my recent drive with mineral oil returned just 12 KMPL at the best. Also the smoothness felt at triple digit speeds has gone a few notches down. Certainly this is not a psychological feeling and I'm sure that this is the last time I have used mineral oil in my Civic.

Curious to know if Sgiitk feels the same or his experience is any different.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 29th November 2016 at 22:45.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 23:26   #218
BHPian

This is very interesting. Thank you for the insightful reply. My guess was that the answer would be in the negative. I've been having this quandary for long. I did ask the guy who runs the HASS I send my Civic to, and he said he puts only mineral oil in his personal vehicles. This, when he'd stand to gain by the opposite answer. Secondly, I thought, what you would end up comparing on this occasion is the old synthetic with the fresh mineral oil, which may even have tipped the scales on the side of mineral oil. Finally, I'm surprised that you seem to see consistently better FE. If this is so and the difference is 10℅, say, then the synthetic would effectively pay for itself over the year!

I'm now really curious what sgiitk thinks.
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 12:18   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Whether 0W30 Synth or 5W30 Mineral I do not expect any dramatic change at the outset. Remember the synth is a year old as well. We may feel something in about 2000km or more. In my case, I am swapping the car with my son's City AVN, so it he he who will report back. Why, I have done under 24,000km in six plus years, while he has done 56,000km in under three years. So let the Civic put one some mileage.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 11:15   #220
BANNED

Had a bit of a issue. Went to Lucknow and the road is excellent. On the way back found the exhaust dangling. Must have come off somewhere (I guess about 2-30km from home). I contacted Honda and as my Brio was returning the same chap picked it up yesterday.

This has happened a second time so I was worried. The first time it was a bolt which had broken. This time I am told that a felt hanger has been stretched / opened. They have ordered it from Honda, expect it by Friday, and are doing some temporary fix, and returning the car. Let us hope.
Old 27th December 2016, 09:35   #221
BANNED

Finally they managed to procure the bracket and install it. It was obvious from the removed bracket that the holes had really stretched. I also, changed the cabin filter and the old one (FRAM) was pretty cluttered. The car has now moved to Gurugram with my son. I think he will change the stereo to one with Bluetooth and a mirroring for GPS. For him a full functional Bluetooth is a must. I have got his City AVN (MkIII) in exchange. The City has done 52,000km in three years while the Civic just has 23,000 in 6-1/2 years. Let him put in some kilometres.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver-civic_bracket.png  

Last edited by sgiitk : 27th December 2016 at 09:40.
Old 21st March 2017, 16:27   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Had a bit of a issue. Went to Lucknow and the road is excellent.......
Prof, how is Lko-Kanpur NH as of date?
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:56   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Prof, how is Lko-Kanpur NH as of date?
The usual old mess. I now join the highway only about 7km from Unnao crossing, since the Barrage is much more convenient. So as for the Jajmau mess I really do not know. I will go to Lucknow around the 12th of April, so will be able to update only them. However, I have not come across any horor stories.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:43   #224
BANNED

My son just put the Civic to service. Two reasons, he does far more mileage, and also the last fill was a Mineral/semi synth. Pearl Honda, Gurugram do not issue an invoice, so details are not known. I will check the details. One thing he was surprised was that even after six years, Honda do not seem to be interested in an AT oil change. No mention by them.
Old 25th July 2017, 20:05   #225
BHPian

Quote:
One thing he was surprised was that even after six years, Honda do not seem to be interested in an AT oil change. No mention by them.
As per Honda's user-manual, AT fluid to be replaced every two years (or) 40K kms. Are you sure that it has not been replaced for six years?
(I religiously follow Honda's manual)

Quote:
Pearl Honda, Gurugram do not issue an invoice, so details are not known
HASS does not issue a bill? Isn't it illegal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks