Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 10:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

What is the OTR for comfortline polo petrol in bangalore? I went for a TD but could not get one. its a shame. And are they launching 1.6 polo anytime soon? That should be a scorcher seriously. Rear space I found a tad bit smaller. and the positioning of the rear door latch is somewhat awkward as you have to bend your wrists to reach it - correct me if i am wrong.

do let me know about OTR petrol highest variant and your drive feeling with petrol as compared to diesel? and also the probability of 1.6 launch.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Those are great pics! The second one is a wallpaper on my laptop. The TDI is just fun to rev for a 3 pot!
Old 8th June 2010, 17:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Overall - Great car to own and drive as a common motorist. Enthusiasts will need more!!
Very good comparison in different scenarios. Really liked the above line which is being unbiased towards the car you own.

Kudos to you and wishing you many many more happy miles with the car.

Amazing pics of your ride along with the Red Polo of Poloman.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:32   #64
BHPian

Awesome Car

Hi Chethan, the car looks stunning & its class apart from the rest out there. However you agree that its on the higher side, that being said...Its a beauty to own. Congrats & keep the miles crunching especially a diesel one

I hope I wait till they launch the 1.6!
Old 8th June 2010, 18:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
What is the OTR for comfortline polo petrol in bangalore? I went for a TD but could not get one. its a shame. And are they launching 1.6 polo anytime soon? That should be a scorcher seriously. Rear space I found a tad bit smaller. and the positioning of the rear door latch is somewhat awkward as you have to bend your wrists to reach it - correct me if i am wrong.

do let me know about OTR petrol highest variant and your drive feeling with petrol as compared to diesel? and also the probability of 1.6 launch.
Hey Geek,

Comfortline OTR is ~5.3 lakhs, Highest variant is 7.05 lakhs. The dealer was saying that 1.6 would be launched shortly but would be approx 1 lakh costlier
Old 8th June 2010, 18:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

1.6 guess

Guys,

I think its clear by now that the 1.6 will launch only after the VW Vento, which will use the same engine for its petrol variant.

It will make sense to DUMP the 1.2 Highline and offer it only in the 1.6 version. That will justify the premium. POLOMAN will kill me for saying this!
Old 8th June 2010, 20:23   #67
BHPian

The VW Ad says, the fuel efficiency is 22km/l... Whatz ur take on that? (I know you can hardly say anything with the bangalore traffic). How about long runs?
Old 8th June 2010, 20:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Thanks Chethan, we are yet to get the delivery. It was a tough choice to make actually between Jetta,Laura,Altis AT and Cruze (Skoda horror stories helped ) Hoping that the GM service will be dependable... Going to be a first time GM owner...
I owned a Spark. And I was happy with GM's service. CCOOO is worth it if it is available for the Cruze.

Your earlier question on Polo:
AMC for 3 years ----- Rs.19,900/- plus Tax
AMC for 4 Years ----- Rs.34,072/- Plus Tax
Extended warranty available for the 3rd year. Prices yet to be announced.

AMC covers Oil, Filters, Brake pads, Labor etc. But does not cover AC gas and wheel balancing/allignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

I have not observed the latch myself. But my family members have not complained. Practically, rear space will not cause much problems. Check the link provided at the bottom of this post for the prices.

I personally like Diesel for the torque it offers. It depends on what you are looking for.

AFAIK 1.6 will be launched by this year end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Those are great pics! The second one is a wallpaper on my laptop. The TDI is just fun to rev for a 3 pot!
Great!!
After driving for 500 Kms, I feel that the Turbo lag is not so evident. Can this be true? Or am I getting used to it? Can you please comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Very good comparison in different scenarios. Really liked the above line which is being unbiased towards the car you own.

Kudos to you and wishing you many many more happy miles with the car.

Amazing pics of your ride along with the Red Polo of Poloman.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Hi Chethan, the car looks stunning & its class apart from the rest out there. However you agree that its on the higher side, that being said...Its a beauty to own. Congrats & keep the miles crunching especially a diesel one

I hope I wait till they launch the 1.6!
Take a TD of the Diesel Polo. May be you will settle with it? If you have made up your mind on 1.6, book NOW! It helps in the end!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey Geek,

Comfortline OTR is ~5.3 lakhs, Highest variant is 7.05 lakhs. The dealer was saying that 1.6 would be launched shortly but would be approx 1 lakh costlier
That would be same as the price of Diesel Highline!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VW-POLO Prices in Karnataka.pdf (26.7 KB, 1356 views)

Last edited by Chethan B G : 8th June 2010 at 20:35.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Your earlier question on Polo:
AMC for 3 years ----- Rs.19,900/- plus Tax
AMC for 4 Years ----- Rs.34,072/- Plus Tax
Extended warranty available for the 3rd year. Prices yet to be announced.

AMC covers Oil, Filters, Brake pads, Labor etc. But does not cover AC gas and wheel balancing/allignment.
Thank you Chethan, for taking ur time to collect the info for me...

The 4th year AMC is a huge jump from the 3 years figure.... most probably because of the free services in the first 3 years....

Does Polo also use synthetic oil like Skoda cars do? Is the service interval also like Skoda (once in a year)?.

Quote:
I owned a Spark. And I was happy with GM's service. CCOOO is worth it if it is available for the Cruze.
Pardon my ignorance, what exactly is "CCOOO"??
Old 8th June 2010, 20:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
  1. Inside cabin insulation for both noise and heat - Very good.
  2. Out-right acceleration is just average – Mainly from 0 – 20 KMPH
  1. How is the noise and vibration during idling and also shake during engine shutdown.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:11   #71
BHPian

The VW Ad says, the fuel efficiency is 22km/l... Whatz ur take on that? (I know you can hardly say anything with the bangalore traffic). How about long runs?
Old 8th June 2010, 23:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car definitely gives a very good mileage for sure!
In my case, it may not be very good, since I do almost every thing wrong! Like:
  1. If I have to wait for some body, I will keep the car in idle with AC on.
  2. I always keep the AC on - 100% of the time.
  3. I never switch of the engine in signals.
  4. On Highways, I love to drive around 120 KMPH.
In 5th gear, if we drive at 90 KMPH on a highway, we should get about 25kmpl or more from this car. This is my honest opinion.

Quote:
Thank you Chethan, for taking ur time to collect the info for me...

The 4th year AMC is a huge jump from the 3 years figure.... most probably because of the free services in the first 3 years....

Does Polo also use synthetic oil like Skoda cars do? Is the service interval also like Skoda (once in a year)?.

Pardon my ignorance, what exactly is "CCOOO"??
You are welcome. I had to go to the showroom to get my number plate fixed. So ......

VW does not give any free service. Everything is paid. 4th year is expensive since a few extra things are changed at 60,000 kms.

Polo also use synthetic oil. Service interval is 15,000kms or 1 year.

CCOOO! - I know that it sounds funny!! This is something like - Customer cashless ownership offer. I have forgotten! Simply put, it is nothing but AMC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
How is the noise and vibration during idling and also shake during engine shutdown.[/list]
Early morning starts - Engine sounds coarse and also engine shakes.
After warm up, it sounds fine. - That is, after it runs about 2-3 kms.
After it picks up speed, it becomes smoother.
I have not really observed during shutdown. I will observe it tomorrow and post it. But, does it matter?

One more thing worth mentioning is that, I have never come across a situation in which I have felt that the engine is being strained. I have done 140 KMPH once. Engine was very eager to do more, but I did not want to risk since it has run only 500 kms. I felt that the engine was quite relaxed.

User manual says that the speed/RPM should be restricted to 75% of the maximum attainable speed/RPM for the first 1000kms. And after that it should be slowly increased.
Old 9th June 2010, 07:28   #73
BHPian

Quote:
VW does not give any free service. Everything is paid. 4th year is expensive since a few extra things are changed at 60,000 kms.

Polo also use synthetic oil. Service interval is 15,000kms or 1 year.

CCOOO! - I know that it sounds funny!! This is something like - Customer cashless ownership offer. I have forgotten! Simply put, it is nothing but AMC!!
No free service??. So they want us to take the AMC i guess... I thought the industry standard was to give 3 services free. If all the services are paid then going for the AMC definitely makes sense.

GM is giving the chevrolet promise for Cruze also.. I guess CCOOO is a part of the Chevrolet Promise right?
Old 9th June 2010, 10:47   #74
BHPian

Really nice.
I love oil burners. Specially the turbo kick.
Remember driving to Tirupati in a Fabia diesel. VW sure makes nice trannies.

Looking forward to meet you and Poloman during the forthcoming Blr meets.

Happy driving.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Tit-Bits!

Few points that I observed of late:
  • Cigarette lighter is not standard on any variant.
  • Ashtray is also not provided as standard.
  • 12V DC output is fused at 10 Amps. So can deliver 120Watts Max.
  • Mute button on ICE is a very nice feature.
  • Rear wiper comes on even if the front one is not on. This is irritating since if we push down the liver accidentally, rear wiper will come on, and we will not notice it for a long time.
  • TDI is a rev happy engine!
  • Provision is not made on the bumpers, to fix the Number plate. Holes have to be drilled!
  • Rear parcel tray is very sturdy.
  • User Manual - Most confusing I have ever seen - Covers all variants across the Universe! Difficult to correlate with ours!!
  • Moment we unlock the doors using remote, cabin light comes on and stays on until we turn on the ignition - Great feature!
  • Door open indicator is very much present. But Seat belt alarm is absent.
  • Once we put on the seat belts, we can stretch any amount if required (like reaching for a tissue...Etc). But the moment the brakes are applied (when in motion), belts hold us in place - Great!! - Now, this is how a seat belt should work. But in my earlier cars, movement with seat belts on, was very difficult. Because of this, I would avoid using them most of the times.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th June 2010 at 11:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks