Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 14:03   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to identify a wholesale store that sells really good quality art leather material and their huge store is full of all types of art leather material including a lot of imported stuff ( which they suggested against).

It's texture and feel is quite good.

Ofcourse, it cannot be compared with pure leather but, they are guaranting that if it weathers, thins out, tears, they will replace it FREE.

Their exact words "Sir, aap thak jayenge, bore hojayenge, par is par na wrinkle aayega ya patega "

Based on Ashish22's suggestion, i was hunting in their store only for two shades " Camel Red" and " Dark Tan/Brown".

Below are 2 pictures ( sorry about low quality as took them in manual mode as automatic mode is kaput) of each shade which was the closest that i found as per the subsequent pictures of those color seats in the White A4 and White BMW.

The costing is so ridiculously low, i am ashamed to put that here

Need some inputs as to between the two shades which one will look better for my White Annihilator?

Also, i plan to use a single shade and no double combinations with minimilistic design, probably something similar to that of the A4 Camel Red.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4806.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4807.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4811.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4805.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-audi20a4_camel20red.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-bmwint3.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 14:27   #302
Senior - BHPian

The color in the 1st pic would be better IMO.
A little darker, less shiny and will be very subtle and classy.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:17   #303
BHPian

Avi, as much as the colour is a good choice, do take into consideration a few pointers

1) Whilst the dark tan may look good in the photos,especially the A4 and BMW, it is accentuated because of the other trim's colour as well, i.e the black plastic/rubber and the wood. If your interiors are a shade lighter than this, then do take this into consideration with the final shade you choose.

2) The whole design ethos of the cockpit in your car is vastly different to those cars. Whilst you may choose a single colour design to match the luxury feel of those cars, maybe the seat piping in a slightly different shade can blend the ideas together?. This point is not that important if the whole colour matches the interiors well, especially when you open the doors and find the lines sweeping across the dash and door trims maintaining the same look.

3) I prefer single tone and also tend to lean towards earthy colours. But.... somewhere deep within myself, i feel Black is the way to go with your car. A nice tight stitch with the right amount of shine would give both the sportiness and the luxury feel and will truly match the silverish centre console and blue lighting especially.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 10th September 2010 at 15:19.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:27   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
4. Do keep some budget for tyre change. I recommend CPC2

Any other query, you need to just ask.

Please dont go the CPC 2 way; it is not worthy the car;

please try some better ones like Neovas, pp2, ps2 ets.
Your car needs rather deserves it
Old 10th September 2010, 15:28   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
The color in the 1st pic would be better IMO.
A little darker, less shiny and will be very subtle and classy.
1st and 2nd picture are same color and shade

3rd picture and 4th picture are same color and shade

So you recommendation is for Tan/Brown. Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Avi, as much as the colour is a good choice, do take into consideration a few pointers

1) Whilst the dark tan may look good in the photos,especially the A4 and BMW, it is accentuated because of the other trim's colour as well, i.e the black plastic/rubber and the wood. If your interiors are a shade lighter than this, then do take this into consideration with the final shade you choose.
Well, the interiors of Cruze is quite similar. That is there is no chrome,beige, wood etc. Its black pastic and very faint hint of chrome.

So both these colors would really look well.

2) The whole design ethos of the cockpit in your car is vastly different to those cars. Whilst you may choose a single colour design to match the luxury feel of those cars, maybe the seat piping in a slightly different shade can blend the ideas together?. This point is not that important if the whole colour matches the interiors well, especially when you open the doors and find the lines sweeping across the dash and door trims maintaining the same look. .[/quote]

I tried the beading/piping in my Accent and i was quite disappointed. I am keen on getting a one color look with minimilistic accentuates to it. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
3) I prefer single tone and also tend to lean towards earthy colours. But.... somewhere deep within myself, i feel Black is the way to go with your car. A nice tight stitch with the right amount of shine would give both the sportiness and the luxury feel and will truly match the silverish centre console and blue lighting especially.
Arun, i am also a big fan of black seats but, that would be the easy route out. Reason for choosing the camel red and dark brown is that both stands out a bit without looking too "Loud"

Store owner was mentioning Camel Red would be "Slightly" flashy and Dark Tan/Brown would jell well with the current interiors.

Thanks for your comments, I plan to take the car to the store and put the full length hide on it and see for myself before i make the final call.
Old 10th September 2010, 16:52   #306
BHPian

Hi mobike008, firsty let me congradulate you for the wonderful car and moderator status in TBhp, though its a bit late now.

Regarding seat covers, I strongly advise you to stay away from the art-leather covers. They generate a lot of heat unlike fabric and leather due to which it becomes very stuffy inside to sit for long hours. Covers breaking or getting wrinkled is secondary, this only looks like leather from a distance but nothing else. However cheap they may be, don't waste money on them but get automotive grade leather from established dealers like stanley, karlsson, etc.

Regarding the colour, I too am confused between this or regular beige for the Laura 1.8 that we have booked. Confusion is because, unlike the BMW and Audi in your pics, other parts of dash and door trim have light beige where there is no black and hence camel red has to contrast with beige and black rather just black. Haven't seen any made in Camel Red for the regular cars to base my decision on how it may look.
Old 10th September 2010, 17:00   #307
BHPian

Hi Avinash i suggest you wait for some time, save cash and invest in Stanely/Nappa. In quality, fit & finish these guys cant be substituted. Its a one time investment but it will go a long way to improve the interior aesthetics of your car. Also don't forget the same upholstery on the door panels. Fit & finish is the key!
Old 10th September 2010, 20:35   #308
Senior - BHPian

Avi,
My pal got his 1-20 done with art leather covers and swears by them. He paid only Rs 4500 for them.
But nothing comes close to the stuff you get from Stanley, IMO
Old 10th September 2010, 21:41   #309
Team-BHP Support

Mobike - I agree with the guys, dont get art leather. Just hang on for a bit and get stanley or something. It will be totally worth it. Whenever your in the car you are on the seat so why compromise? Also get the doorpads and the centre armrest done, it will look hot.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:01   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Hi mobike008, firsty let me congradulate you for the wonderful car and moderator status in TBhp, though its a bit late now.

Regarding seat covers, I strongly advise you to stay away from the art-leather covers. They generate a lot of heat unlike fabric and leather due to which it becomes very stuffy inside to sit for long hours. Covers breaking or getting wrinkled is secondary, this only looks like leather from a distance but nothing else. However cheap they may be, don't waste money on them but get automotive grade leather from established dealers like stanley, karlsson, etc.

Regarding the colour, I too am confused between this or regular beige for the Laura 1.8 that we have booked. Confusion is because, unlike the BMW and Audi in your pics, other parts of dash and door trim have light beige where there is no black and hence camel red has to contrast with beige and black rather just black. Haven't seen any made in Camel Red for the regular cars to base my decision on how it may look.
Thanks for your wishes and advice for the seat covers and congrats on your new Laura and look forward to its thread soon. Btw, if you have biege interiors in your Laura, then dark brown will look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hi Avinash i suggest you wait for some time, save cash and invest in Stanely/Nappa. In quality, fit & finish these guys cant be substituted. Its a one time investment but it will go a long way to improve the interior aesthetics of your car. Also don't forget the same upholstery on the door panels. Fit & finish is the key!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Avi,
My pal got his 1-20 done with art leather covers and swears by them. He paid only Rs 4500 for them.
But nothing comes close to the stuff you get from Stanley, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Mobike - I agree with the guys, dont get art leather. Just hang on for a bit and get stanley or something. It will be totally worth it. Whenever your in the car you are on the seat so why compromise? Also get the doorpads and the centre armrest done, it will look hot.
Thanks guys for your inputs. To be honest, i am not in a position now to invest in Stanley which will cost no less than Rs.35K-Rs.40K

However, i would certainly go for it around one year from now.

In the meantime, i am going to go ahead with either of the two shades outlined below as it wouldnt be a waste of too much money even if i strip them off after 6 months of usage.

I just need inputs what will look better as i am liking both shades equally---- Brown OR Camel Red?
Old 11th September 2010, 11:18   #311
Team-BHP Support

I would say definitely the first one, though if you can get a slightly darker one it would be awesome.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:21   #312
Senior - BHPian

Avi... Where is this shop located? Please PM me the price if you don't want to put it here. I am looking for seat cover replacements in my Palio. The current fabrics have become very dirty and difficult to maintain.

Do you have a choice of grains? From the pics, i am not sure about the grain.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:10   #313
BHPian

Double Congratulations to you, one for the beautiful looking WHITE ANNIHILATOR & secondly on your becoming a MOD. I must say the car is looking awesome in white. Regarding the seat covers go for the Tan/ Brown shade, the interiors will look Royal in that shade.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 11th September 2010, 19:15   #314
Senior - BHPian

Avi, I would suggest going with Black Leather as suggested by Arun. I think it will give the best feel for your car.
Old 11th September 2010, 20:32   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Avi... Where is this shop located? Please PM me the price if you don't want to put it here. I am looking for seat cover replacements in my Palio. The current fabrics have become very dirty and difficult to maintain.

Do you have a choice of grains? From the pics, i am not sure about the grain.
Sure, you do have a choice of grains. Best is to take the car there and lay the full length material to get a feel of what would be the end-result.

Btw, sent you a PM with requested info

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Double Congratulations to you, one for the beautiful looking WHITE ANNIHILATOR & secondly on your becoming a MOD. I must say the car is looking awesome in white. Regarding the seat covers go for the Tan/ Brown shade, the interiors will look Royal in that shade.

CHEERS,
G D
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I would say definitely the first one, though if you can get a slightly darker one it would be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi, I would suggest going with Black Leather as suggested by Arun. I think it will give the best feel for your car.
Thanks guys. I am also leaning towards dark brown.

Ani, Black and grey interiors apart from looking classy would also give out almost a bit of "funeral feel". Need a little jazz to spice up life

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks