Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 22:57   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here are the final set of pictures and in contrast of popular sequence, saved the worst for the last which are of the backside of the Cruze which i dont like so much but, the finish is just fabulous.

Wish the designer created more attractive looking tailights than these
Avinash sir ,when you are in Delhi next please let me know so that I can bring my car to you so that you can click amazing pictures
As I have told you earlier also I love the backside as well and one thing which I like more in the LT model than in the LTZ is the body coloured tail(number plate) garnish, I personally dont like the chrome one.It looks a bit cheap according to me.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:02   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Absolutely Avi. need some low angle pics too like the ones i put up in the 2012 ford mustang thread (eg pic 3,6,7th of the 1st post )
Awesome pictures Prem. Were they taken by you? I never knew you were into photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Avinash sir ,when you are in Delhi next please let me know so that I can bring my car to you so that you can click amazing pictures
As I have told you earlier also I love the backside as well and one thing which I like more in the LT model than in the LTZ is the body coloured tail(number plate) garnish, I personally dont like the chrome one.It looks a bit cheap according to me.

Thanks for your compliments. I agree with you the only differentiating mark on external body between an LT and LTZ is the front fog lamps, Chrome on door handles and backside chrome garnish.

Even i dont like the backside chrome garnish. It looks quite cheap. I too prefer the body color as it gives a elegant look to the car.

P.S: Yesterday was a nightmarish drive from office to home ( 22kms) which took me 2.30 hours due to one of the craziest traffic jams that i have encountered in a long time due to heavvy rains. I felt like a sitting duck with so much traffic so close to WA flinching who may scrape me
Old 18th August 2010, 14:44   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt like a sitting duck with so much traffic so close to WA flinching who may scrape me
Felt the same yesterday morning at Lingampally underbridge (5-6 buses just zoomed past me on the left on broken roads with just inches of gap as I was stuck behind a tractor). I used to think the heavy vehicles allow you to switch lanes easier but nowadays I find that autos and other cars allow you to move into their lanes ahead of them, and the buses simply don't! I had my heart in my mouth all the time.

And then there was this Tata Winger today morning who overtook me from the left by dropping off the road (I was already overtaking a slow-moving truck on HCU campus road) and cut sharply across me in the front.

Creatures of the lowest order, these maxi-cab drivers are :(. Welcome to Hyderabad. We'll just have to get used to this.

Regards,
spadix
Old 19th August 2010, 13:03   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
And then there was this Tata Winger today morning who overtook me from the left by dropping off the road (I was already overtaking a slow-moving truck on HCU campus road) and cut sharply across me in the front.

Creatures of the lowest order, these maxi-cab drivers are :(. Welcome to Hyderabad. We'll just have to get used to this.

Regards,
spadix
Those Tata Wingers with steering wheels are really fast and their drivers are usually nutcases. Day before was almost like a "black day" for most considering the amount of time spent by people to reach back home.

After a restful WFH yesterday, today zipped to work in 50 mins. It was a pleasure to drive the WA in such conditions.

Btw, I am a few kms shy of reaching 1000kms
Old 19th August 2010, 13:12   #215
BHPian

Congrats!! Avi. I have seen you in your Accent quite a few times near the Vasu medical store area. Do plan on having a team-bhp sticker on your annihilator as well so that I can wave at you when I spot you next time in our area.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:36   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Congrats!! Avi. I have seen you in your Accent quite a few times near the Vasu medical store area. Do plan on having a team-bhp sticker on your annihilator as well so that I can wave at you when I spot you next time in our area.
Thanks mate. Though i have the stickers, plan to keep the WA clean for a while. Btw, it wont be too hard to spot me in Himayathnagar.

If you see a sparkling clean white cruze. Then that's ME
Old 19th August 2010, 17:35   #217
Senior - BHPian

That was indeed a great insight of Annihilator and amazing snaps.

How about painting the roof with Black gloss, and should look like single piece of glass from the birds view. Suits well for white color.
Nikhil can do PS job for this as well.
Old 19th August 2010, 20:28   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
That was indeed a great insight of Annihilator and amazing snaps.

How about painting the roof with Black gloss, and should look like single piece of glass from the birds view. Suits well for white color.
Nikhil can do PS job for this as well.
Thanks Ram. That's a good idea. I can give it a thought of such cosmetic mods maybe after 2-3 years when current looks start waning on you.

But, at the moment, stock look of a Cruze is enough to give me shivers running down my spine ( in a good way, ofcourse)
Old 19th August 2010, 23:04   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome pictures Prem. Were they taken by you? I never knew you were into photography
If i start taking pics like that then will i be still working where i am

So hows the Annihilator doing? did you hit the airport roads yet?
Old 20th August 2010, 16:00   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Permanent Registration Update :-

Visited Khairtabad RTA this morning and i was pleasantly suprised to see it was almost empty. Otherwise, those who know this RTA office, its always choc-a-bloc.

As it always happens, when things are good it's either in opposite direction or doesnt come our way

I carried all documents expect that my insurance document was a cover note and that it seems is not suffice to go ahead with permanent registration. They need the original docment which i hadnt received till this morning.

So with a heavy heart giving wistful gestures at their empty office, i thought of going there again tomorrow.

I went personally to Reliance General Insurance office which is luckily next to my home and picked up the original document in 5 minutes. Couldnt they have couried this document long back instead of me visiting them personally? We give them business and get treated this way. Shame !

Btw, i checked the series that's currently going on (Aug 20th onwards).

It's :

AP 9BZ 9350

So,

I think if i get it done in couple of days, my number will be jsomewhere around AP 9BZ 95XX.

I am not particular about fancy number ( it starts at Rs.5000 minimum) but, love the total to be 1 OR 9.

Please pray for me that i get this total without paying any extra dough
Old 20th August 2010, 16:14   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited Khairtabad RTA this morning and i was pleasantly suprised to see it was almost empty. Otherwise, those who know this RTA office, its always choc-a-bloc.
That's a "too good to be true" situation. I thought maybe the employees went off on dharna (against what else but the workload!) or something.

Man you delayed this a lot. These guys take their own sweet time to post the card itself, although you'll know your number itself within a week by checking online. If only you'd followed that checklist I gave you over chat, but it's OK. It'll happen.

Hope you get the number combination that gives you what you want!

I got my number (but not the card). AP28CE06xy it is. It's been 2 weeks since I applied and don't know whether I'll get it before the T/R expires. But I've been waiting for nearly 4 months now for my bike's duplicate RC to arrive, so perhaps I shouldn't panic .

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th August 2010, 17:02   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Hope you get the number combination that gives you what you want!

I got my number (but not the card). AP28CE06xy it is. It's been 2 weeks since I applied and don't know whether I'll get it before the T/R expires. But I've been waiting for nearly 4 months now for my bike's duplicate RC to arrive, so perhaps I shouldn't panic .

Regards,
spadix
I was under the impression we can go back and collect the RC card the same evening. Is it not so?

If i have to rely on them posting it to us. It will never come. I got my driver's license converted to Card from Paper document recently and they were happily sitting on it until i went personally after 3-4 weeks and had to find my RC card for them which was buried in some documents thrown in some corner.

Btw, there is a leeway after one month of T/R expires. Any idea who many days/weeks would that be?
Old 20th August 2010, 17:25   #223
BHPian

have you given a thought to installing better headlamps?? How about HIDs or high power bulbs. White light will look awesome and i'm also planning to get something which is white and gives better illumination both for headlamps and fog lamps.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:49   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was under the impression we can go back and collect the RC card the same evening. Is it not so?
Boss, wake up!

Quote:
If i have to rely on them posting it to us. It will never come. I got my driver's license converted to Card from Paper document recently and they were happily sitting on it until i went personally after 3-4 weeks and had to find my RC card for them which was buried in some documents thrown in some corner.
The procedure now is that you have to find out the postal number from them and then track the Speed Post (yes, no typo) using that number. Ideally, this link should be able to give you the postal number, but it doesn't in both my bike's and car's cases.

Now, since smart cars are processed centrally, this means even I have to go Khairatabad RTO and stand in that endless queue outside the ground floor camera room - just to get a stupid number which still doesn't solve the problem.

They have implemented this scheme because they want everyone to quote the correct address of where they're living.

Great idea, pathetic implementation. Just like Mohammed bin Tughlaq if you remember from our school history lessons.

By the way, that day in Kukatpally RTO I stapled the receipt to the application packet by mistake when submitting to the MVI. I was really tense because I'd already gotten an earful myself (for not having cleaned the car) and saw him giving an earful to others (for various other valid reasons). So now I had to go back into his room to get just my receipt back. He asked me to go search for it myself (fair enough) and I searched high and low - on his desk and on the shelves - and couldn't find it.

Now I was getting really tense and finally I found this one heap of papers on the ground just next to the dustbin and found all of the Form 20s submitted that day, including mine, there .

Whatever you do, don't lose your receipt/acknowledgment and keep following up regularly, else you'll never get your card.

Quote:
Btw, there is a leeway after one month of T/R expires. Any idea who many days/weeks would that be?
That applies to the actual process of application itself. So if you apply for permanent registration within 3 month of T/R expiry you pay 25 INR extra. The entire schedule is here.

But what do we do if a cop gets suspicious and stops us? We've applied for the number (can show the receipt) but don't have the card! I'm actually planning to get the number plates done and get a printout of the results of this page (got to know my car's number from here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
have you given a thought to installing better headlamps?? How about HIDs or high power bulbs.
More than the tyres this is probably what I should invest in. Just worried about warranty issues, that's all.

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th August 2010, 19:02   #225
Senior - BHPian

Red Camel?

Will you please throw some light on the "Red Camel" thing. The suspense is killing me.

Red or brown interiors will look good in a white car. Do think of getting a clear coat (hard & scratch resistant) painted on the car, it will give it a nice gloss and keep away the scratches that Hyd CBD is famous for.

Forget the 'glass look' roof - think of a starry sky effect ceiling, your wife & colleagues of the correct gender will love it!

Cheers,

P.S. Have you finished that running in yet? I am getting mighty impatient .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks