Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 17:19   #901
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Congrats Bluevolt , on the 2nd anniversary with Venus !!

Have a query to City owners. I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs without doing any wiring changes and affecting the warranty. Its been some time since i researched on this topic. Are the Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W still the recommended upgrade?
kap04 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 10:59   #902
BHPian

I have a weird problem with my Honda City. Every morning when I start the car, I feel wobbling on front right. This happens for about 100 m (I've to drive slowly during this period, taking out of parking lot) and then it is fine. I've been noticing this for a long time.

Hallmark Honda, Thane which serviced the car during March of this year fleeced me by doing brake disc removing and refitting as well as brake disc skimming (charged Rs. 1,700 for this). This did not solve the problem. I complained to them, those idiots did not have any answer. I complained to Honda as well. No response other then 1-2 customary phone calls (the complaint to Honda was not only for this, but also for shoddy AC work and other nonsense of Hallmark Honda, Thane). The problem reduced a bit in the meanwhile and was not noticeable during next servicing done during June of this year (Linkway Honda, Chandivali). I've been noticing this problem for the last 1 month or so and also noticed that air was leaking frequently from front right wheel, I used to fill air every 3-4 days. I complained about this during the last service 2 weeks ago (Linkway Honda, Chandivali). They told me that there was a small puncture in the front right tyre which was causing wobbling and air leakage. However, the wobbling problem has remained, though lesser than earlier. Has anybody else faced this problem? And if yes, what is the solution?
Old 6th December 2012, 12:09   #903
Senior - BHPian

Try rotating your tyres and see if one of the tyres is causing the issue.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:24   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Try rotating your tyres and see if one of the tyres is causing the issue.
Tyre rotation was done during the last servicing, 2 weeks ago. I spoke to the SA, he suspects that the way puncture was fixed may be causing the problem. I've told him to send the driver to my place (on coming Monday), so that he can fell the wobbling first hand. It happens only in the mornings (it has happened in all seasons).
Old 13th December 2012, 17:47   #905
BHPian

Recently my friend who is a 2010 Honda City IVTEC owner had to forcefully drive in 4 feet waterlogged stretch (water above exhaust pipe level) for about a kilometer, he had kept his a/c ON and was in first gear and crawled the entire distance in 4000 RPM, post that incident, all is well now, after 10 days of that episode when he turns his AIRCON ON he claims to hear additional sound from the condensor fan (arising out of friction, with less lubrication type of sound). The fan would not spin with the same way as it used before the incident.

Though there is no difference in the cooling performance, the extra hum is causing a concern for noob's like us, could it be because the fan motor would have come in contact with the dirty water puddle which brought along some sediments with it and got deposited in the gaps, we think of every possible outcome due to the unfortunate episode,

IVTEC owners please advice and pour in your view points. would it require a technician inspection? thanks in advance.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 13th December 2012 at 18:06.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:11   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
IVTEC owners please advice and pour in your view points. would it require a technician inspection? thanks in advance.
If there is a abnormal sound then your friend should get the car checked. SVC people will do the needful to rectify the problem.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:18   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post

Have a query to City owners. I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs without doing any wiring changes and affecting the warranty. Its been some time since i researched on this topic. Are the Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W still the recommended upgrade?
Yes, you can safely go for them, as long as the bulb ratings are same you need not do any modifications.

Also, philips extreme provides focused light which gives better visibility.

If you have higher budget then go for HID bulbs kits and still better the projectors (approx 15K).

Cheers
MKP
Old 17th December 2012, 18:22   #908
BHPian

Just a small update.
Last week the car underwent 45K regular service in 2.5 years age to car.

Service Highlight:
  • Cost of service: 2.9K
  • Bought additional 1 year RSA (Honda -Road Side Assistance) service for Rs. 1750/-; now I have it for 2+2+1 years.
How was the car before service?: Makkhan
How is the car after service?: Utterly Butterly Delicious
Dealer Service Feedback: Excellent!!! (Deccan Honda-Pimpri)
Are you satisfied with the car?: What the heck.. Satisfied?? I Love it

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 17th December 2012 at 18:23.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 23:26   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Just a small update.
Last week the car underwent 45K regular service in 2.5 years age to car.

Service Highlight:
  • Cost of service: 2.9K
  • Bought additional 1 year RSA (Honda -Road Side Assistance) service for Rs. 1750/-; now I have it for 2+2+1 years.
How was the car before service?: Makkhan
How is the car after service?: Utterly Butterly Delicious
Dealer Service Feedback: Excellent!!! (Deccan Honda-Pimpri)
Are you satisfied with the car?: What the heck.. Satisfied?? I Love it
Hi Reming,

Any specific reason you bought additional RSA while the car is still in extended warranty + RSA period?

Also what all things were included in 45K service?

PS - You seem to be crunching miles very fast.
Old 19th December 2012, 12:50   #910
Senior - BHPian

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-20121217-19.31.56.jpg

Winter time and engine is feeling better. This is what Venus is returning these days in NCR driving conditions which is 2KMPL+ than what it gives in summers.

My car is nearing 15,000 KM Mark very soon and is due for service.

What all things are required to be done during 15K service except normal engine oil change? Like wheel alignment/balancing etc??

Horn is not sounding properly and that will be replaced again under warranty this time also.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th December 2012 at 12:54.
Old 19th December 2012, 20:58   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Reming,

Any specific reason you bought additional RSA while the car is still in extended warranty + RSA period?

Also what all things were included in 45K service?

PS - You seem to be crunching miles very fast.
Bluevolt,
I was recommended by my trustworthy SA about buying the RSA, he told me its available now for the 5 year so, its better to go with it you may never know when it will be revoked back.
Anyway I am planning to keep my vehicle for no more than 5 years so, it goes well with it.
One important tip for RSA holders is, for any kind of vehicle issue whether be at home/on road/anywhere the first call should go to RSA for any kind of issue eg: oil issue, typre deflation,fuel issue, key issue or any issue for which you need any kind of help then please call RSA first.

The 45K service is a first usual service after the 40K Major service. This service includes nothing more than usual check and oil change.

Below is the break up:
Consumables - 180
45K Paid Service - 780
Engine Oil - 1071
Washer Plug Drain - 21
Auto Care - 380
Labour - 1208
+Taxes
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 17:18   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post

I have been using xtreme vision for the past 3 months or so and can vouch that they are much more brighter than stock and also the fitment is a 5 min affair for an experienced hand.

Go for it.
Old 27th December 2012, 12:40   #913
BHPian

I've noticed a weird problem with my S/MT.

I was coming back from holiday 2 days ago, approaching food plaza near Khalapur toll booth. I was driving at around 100 kmph in 5th gear. There was a noise, which I could not identify. When I looked at the RPM meter, it was at 4k, I took my foot off the accelerator and the RPM stayed at 4k. Since there were no vehicles around, I shifted to neutral and the RPM dropped to below 1k. I slowed down and reached 100 kmph again and the noise came back with RPM touching 4k. RPM is usually around 3k for speeds of 100 kmph on flat roads.

Incidentally, I had noticed this noise twice earlier (did not notice 4k RPM) at exactly the same place several months ago. I ignored since the noise was noticed again.

Has anybody else faced this situation? I suppose that this is not normal, any remedies other than visiting the service station?
Old 27th December 2012, 13:40   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
When I looked at the RPM meter, it was at 4k, I took my foot off the accelerator and the RPM stayed at 4k.
When you took your foot off, did the speed remain stuck at 100 also, like the RPM?
If this happens again, try tapping the clutch once and see how it reacts.
I'm not an expert, but seems like Cruise Control on V. Could be the restriction on S series in your vehicle couldve gone berserk, but not sure.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:57   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
When you took your foot off, did the speed remain stuck at 100 also, like the RPM?
If this happens again, try tapping the clutch once and see how it reacts.
I'm not an expert, but seems like Cruise Control on V. Could be the restriction on S series in your vehicle couldve gone berserk, but not sure.
Yes, RPM stayed at 4000 when I pressed the clutch and the speed remained at 100 (there was a slight incline at the place). The intriguing thing is that I've noticed this 3 times, exactly at the same place, though I've driven at this speed and more on many occasions at different places. I've taken the RPM to 5000 on some occasions and did not hear the kind of noise.

Mine is a 2010 model, so no question of sharing parts with cruise control variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks