Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 16:04   #931
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

15,000 KM Service details

Consumables

Engine Oil - Rs. 1100

Washer drain plug - Rs. 20

Oil Filter - Rs. 200

Air filter - Rs. 460

Labour

Paid service charges - Rs. 1870

General repair (no idea what this is about) - Rs. 365

Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 300

Wheel alignment - Rs. 490

Wheel balancing - Rs. 400

Weights - Rs. 70

Total paid amount - Rs. 5277 (Last service amount was Rs. 4200).

Service experience from Ring Road Honda this time was very poor. They took my car at 10am and promised delivery time was 2PM but my car was not even the workshop at 2 pm. after raising the issue with some senior SA, they hurriedly serviced the car and delivered at 3.30pm. I also told them to do the 5 wheel rotation but they did 4 wheel rotation. Horn was replaced under extended warranty.

What you guys suggest? Should I make a written complaint regarding this issue. Why my car was unattended for more than three hours?
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 05:53   #932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Service experience from Ring Road Honda this time was very poor. They took my car at 10am and promised delivery time was 2PM but my car was not even the workshop at 2 pm. after raising the issue with some senior SA, they hurriedly serviced the car and delivered at 3.30pm. I also told them to do the 5 wheel rotation but they did 4 wheel rotation. Horn was replaced under extended warranty.

What you guys suggest? Should I make a written complaint regarding this issue. Why my car was unattended for more than three hours?
I'm surprised they said you'd have the car back in 4 hours.. I haven't seen that kind of turnaround time anywhere. I'm even more surprised that you believed them. I understand it's frustrating for you as the car-owner but this is standard across several A.S.S. irrespective of city and brand. Just let it go.

In another news, isn't this the 2nd time you're changing the horn? I'm not pleased with the factory-fitted or the replaced horn on my City myself though.

As for tyres, I strongly suggest you do wheel alignment, balancing and rotation at a dedicated tyre shop. You have much more control and supervision.

Now chill and enjoy the City!
Old 19th February 2013, 17:40   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm surprised they said you'd have the car back in 4 hours.. I haven't seen that kind of turnaround time anywhere. I'm even more surprised that you believed them. I understand it's frustrating for you as the car-owner but this is standard across several A.S.S. irrespective of city and brand. Just let it go.
Actually in the past, they have had delivered the car right on time.

I was not happy this time because they even did not washed my car by 2pm and it was standing somewhere in their washing area unattended.

Quote:
In another news, isn't this the 2nd time you're changing the horn? I'm not pleased with the factory-fitted or the replaced horn on my City myself though.
Yes this is the second time they have replaced the horns and this time the new horn sounds completely different somewhat like Civic. I will post a audio of the horn by evening.

Quote:
As for tyres, I strongly suggest you do wheel alignment, balancing and rotation at a dedicated tyre shop. You have much more control and supervision.
+1

Sound of new horn.

Last edited by noopster : 19th February 2013 at 18:17. Reason: As requested
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 20:24   #934
BHPian

Quote:

Yes this is the second time they have replaced the horns and this time the new horn sounds completely different somewhat like Civic. I will post a audio of the horn by evening.

+1

Sound of new horn.

http://Youtu.be/snYwpV3xWKo
This is almost similar to the sound of horn in my car when it was changed at 10 k service; but now it has again become bad. They replaced the low tone horn free of cost.
Old 3rd March 2013, 21:55   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
This is almost similar to the sound of horn in my car when it was changed at 10 k service; but now it has again become bad. They replaced the low tone horn free of cost.
Last time they replaced only the low tone horn which again started sounding unusually and this time I made them to replace the complete set i.e both low and high tone horn pieces.

So far they are working fine. Touchwood!
Old 7th March 2013, 00:57   #936
BHPian

Quote:
15,000 KM Service details

Consumables

Engine Oil - Rs. 1100

Washer drain plug - Rs. 20

Oil Filter - Rs. 200

Air filter - Rs. 460

Labour

Paid service charges - Rs. 1870

General repair (no idea what this is about) - Rs. 365

Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 300

Wheel alignment - Rs. 490

Wheel balancing - Rs. 400

Weights - Rs. 70

Total paid amount - Rs. 5277 (Last service amount was Rs. 4200).

That's unlike Honda..must be a faulty dealership. At my place, people are pretty much happy with Honda's service and I was planning on buying a Brio because of Honda's quality. If you think there's been a problem at the end of a dealership, you could surely tell Honda and I believe they'll be more than happy to help.
Old 8th March 2013, 00:01   #937
BHPian

Quote:

http://Youtu.be/snYwpV3xWKo
So I believe that's a good thing. You got yourself a better horn.
Old 15th April 2013, 19:30   #938
BHPian

13th April got my All New Honda City regular service done for 50K in 2 years & 10 months, total cost Rs.2762/-
The vehicle looks and feel as new as it rolled out of factory yesterday.

Very very satisfied with the Car
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 23:42   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
13th April got my All New Honda City regular service done for 50K in 2 years & 10 months, total cost Rs.2762/-
The vehicle looks and feel as new as it rolled out of factory yesterday.

Very very satisfied with the Car
Great Reming! Congrats for reaching 50K KM milestone.

The 50K service cost also looks nominal. What mileage are you getting these days? Any major part replaced or just routine services till date?

Are you running on the same set of stock tyres? If no then how long the stock tyres lasted? And if Yes then how much life is still remaining in the tyres.

Please pardon if you have updated about this earlier, I could not recall about it.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th April 2013 at 23:44.
Old 16th April 2013, 09:21   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Great Reming! Congrats for reaching 50K KM milestone.

The 50K service cost also looks nominal. What mileage are you getting these days? Any major part replaced or just routine services till date?

Are you running on the same set of stock tyres? If no then how long the stock tyres lasted? And if Yes then how much life is still remaining in the tyres.

Please pardon if you have updated about this earlier, I could not recall about it.
Thanks Bluevolt.
For sedate driving I still get around 17+ for 50%-50% highway city driving. For inspired driving I get around 15+ for 50%-50% highway city driving.

No major part was replaced, only replaced the punny horn at 30K otherwise everything was normal and regular servicing.

I am still on my stock tyres. My stock tyres are Michelin XM1. Actually I am really surprised XM1 being supersoft yet lasted beyond 50K.
During the service I seeked SA advice on if I should go for a the tyre change. He examined the treads and groves (which are still pretty ok) and then suggest to revisit the thought on 55k according to him there is still 5-10K easily left in those tyres but categorically cautioned for sedate driving as the rubber must have hardened after age.
I think I will go for a change during rainy season to Michelin Primacy LC 195/60 Profile for added grip.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:31   #941
BHPian

What is the service schedule for Honda City?
Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:43   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
Thanks
Service schedule is once in every 5000 KMs/6 months. I, However, follow 5000 KM interval only irrespective of months.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 19:19   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
Thanks
As bluevolt pointed out the service interval is 5000 km/6 months.

The impressive aspect is that they split up the service into intervals of 20k kms that your car runs. So if we leave aside the intial 1k service at which they hardly do anything with your car, the 5k and 15k marks are termed as minor service points, the 10k is medium and the 20k mark is a major service.

Accordingly they labor charges for the service varies depending on the type which I think is nice.
Old 18th May 2013, 19:52   #944
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Apologies for posting a FB pic, but have a look at a 4 year old Honda City, which is rusting due to maybe the saline air in Mumbai. But the HONDA guys seem to be non-responsive dismissing this as a case of 'wear and tear'

Can this guy get some respite legally ?
Old 8th June 2013, 00:28   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplav View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Apologies for posting a FB pic, but have a look at a 4 year old Honda City, which is rusting due to maybe the saline air in Mumbai. But the HONDA guys seem to be non-responsive dismissing this as a case of 'wear and tear'

Can this guy get some respite legally ?
This type of rusting is definitely not a case of wear and tear. Have you contacted Honda via email along with the photo?

EDIT : Just noticed that this thread has crossed 2 lac+ views

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th June 2013 at 00:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks