Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 08:25   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!

Can anyone share the front and rear speaker sizes for fiesta classic 1.6 lxi (petrol) model?

We just bought a LXI petrol model and I am planning to buy a bluetooth enabled headset and speakers online. Snapdeal has got some good offers running. I dont have access to the manual right now as the car is not with me right now.

Last edited by arjithin : 10th September 2014 at 08:28.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:52   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Long long break.
The ford is still doing duty steadfastly. However, with me being tied up with my own venture, and not having to commute to a workstation everyday , the running has become minimal. I still make it a point to fire her up for an outing over the weekends, when the li'l one is not to be driven anywhere in the Tooky.

But before I started, I decided to head out for a nice drive out of town,alone, just completely off the cuff.
So I took a few days in, and headed out towards the general direction of Nainital, and en route spoke to some people about accommodation in the region. However, when I reached there, sometime late at night, I was told that its not confirmed. So I drove out to binsar, didn't get a confirmation there as well, then drove back to almora, where I got a room for the night in a slightly shady hotel.
Next day, managed to get into a house owned by some relatives in bhumiadhar.

Now. all these are pretty decent locations if you're up to here with "mall-road", and "tibetan markets", which are the standard fare in the bigger hill stations. These places are peaceful and quiet, for you to sit out in the balcony, watch a sunset, with a cup of tea and a smoke.
However, there is another reason why i didn't bother looking for another place while in nainitaal.
Most of the roads once i started climbing were freshly laid, and I got lost once, and hit pitch black tarmac, and no traffic at all. After three turns, I was hooked, and couldn't wait to drive again.
Every road in that area, which doesn't go to nainitaal, its pure driving bliss as of now!
The total journey, to and fro, was about 700 kms.
I ended up doing 1000 kms, cos I was waking up, having breakfast, taking the car out, and coming back after 3-4 hours of roaming about, having tea and pakoras and maggi at small khokhas.
It was just brilliant!

Enough has been said about the handling of this car.
Nothing more to say, except that every time I got out of the car, I tapped her on the bum with a "Good girl"!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl1.jpg  

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl2.jpg  

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl3.jpg  

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl4.jpg  

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl5.jpg  

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-upl6.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 20:30   #153
BHPian

Have you upgraded your tyre profile? Was thinking of going 185
Old 6th January 2015, 21:02   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
Have you upgraded your tyre profile? Was thinking of going 185
Yeah.
The continentals are 185, and they're brilliant.
Old 13th January 2015, 13:57   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yeah.
The continentals are 185, and they're brilliant.
Are the continental 185 considerably heavier in compare to 175 you had before?
TheQuarterMile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 19:04   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post

Are the continental 185 considerably heavier in compare to 175 you had before?
What do you mean heavier? As in if the steering has gotten harder or something?
Nothing of that sort. It's a completely OK upsize. You should go ahead with it eyes closed.
Old 14th January 2015, 11:11   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What do you mean heavier? As in if the steering has gotten harder or something?
Nothing of that sort. It's a completely OK upsize. You should go ahead with it eyes closed.
Thanks. That's what I wanted to confirm. Will check Continental or probably Yokohama
Old 24th April 2015, 12:00   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, that was a long long break for an update, but here it is.
I unfortunately did not drive the car since coming back from that last trip last year.

Owing to starting up my own thing, and all drives isolated to the Tooky since the child seat is fitted in that, the fiesta was parked away for the past 4-5 months.
Now since i have to start driving around again, I went and checked up on the car, and understandably the battery had conked off. So off she went for a service, and was informed that the battery was not holding charge.
Replaced for 3400 bucks with exchange. Overall, it came to about 4 years on that battery, which is fair, I suppose.
Raj got his guy to shampoo, polish wax the car as well, and she came back gleaming!!. Changing the shade to a darker one and debadging has really set the car apart , and when its parked next to a similar fiesta, its quite obvious.
Now that's its back out and running, its been my sole drive when I am going out alone. And boy is it still a joy. I've been driving a diesel SUV exclusively since, so the change was dramatic in 5 months. Just like the first time!

Get rid of the headlights. The experiment with the projectors is over. Unless I can get a set of purpose built full sealed units, its useless. No amount of DIY or paid DIY is any good. Im sick of the visibility disappearing against regular lamps. I'm going for stock with 100 w bulbs, and Hella aux lamps on the bumper.
FOrd is quoting 9k per headlamp, mech is quoting anything from 5-6 k for them. Thats a bit steep, but unfortunately will have to be done. Ill try Sotiganj once, else .....
Old 9th July 2015, 11:59   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Not been a very good month for my cars, with the Tooky going for an overhaul, and yesterday, a belt shredding itself in the fiesta.
On the left side of there are two belts running on the side of the engine, and I did not know which is which. Yesterday, I floored the pedal to for a buzz, and heard a flapping noise, as if a piece of plastic had gotten trapped in the wheel and was hitting the arch. Stopped the car, and it continued, opened the bonnet, and saw that the lower belt had broken partially, and a piece of it was making the noise.
Burnt my hand, reached in, and saw it had split partially down the middle, and the hanging piece was roaming about Called up the mechanic, and he asked me to drive slowly, and if the noise stopped, meaning the belt had broken, to stop where I was, and he'll get there. I still didn't know what this belt is for. All I know is its revs were linked to the engine revs.
Not wanting it knock other things loose in the vicinity with its flailing, I took my pocket knife, and cut off the offending bits. Before I spoke to the mechanic of course.
Now this put me in a wondrous quandary.
The flailing bit was gone, and the remainder of the belt was working, but with the broken bit gone, there was no noise!!!

So , a drive of 2-3 kilometers was made with me stopping every few hundred meters to check the status. She got home, the belt intact. Raj will be getting the belt home to change it.

In other news, the battered blue spectre free flow was replaced with a new spectre. This is shorter, stubbier, and pink, apparently.
This has slightly different voice characteristics, which was why I floored it in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-img_20150702_215608.jpg  

Last edited by mayankk : 9th July 2015 at 12:01.
Old 9th July 2015, 19:35   #160

@mayankk - read your entire series of posts and was delighted to know about the great performance of the car till date

I too am a recent proud owner of a Classic petrol LXI and have done around 2500 km. I have not used the SystemG additive till and used speed petrol for a tank full just once till date. Could it be harmful for the engine or is it fine to ignore it?

Please enlighten on this..
Old 9th July 2015, 20:47   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1927 View Post
@mayankk - read your entire series of posts and was delighted to know about the great performance of the car till date

I too am a recent proud owner of a Classic petrol LXI and have done around 2500 km. I have not used the SystemG additive till and used speed petrol for a tank full just once till date. Could it be harmful for the engine or is it fine to ignore it?

Please enlighten on this..
I have now shifted to filling up speed every 4th-5th tankful. I used to be an advocate for speed, but since the falter was traced to ht lines, I've stuck to normal with system g. I don't think there should be any problems.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 14:00   #162

Friends, I am not able to find fog lamps for Ford Classic after market. Called up a couple of spare parts shops in NCR but no one one seems to have it. Buying it from the ford dealers is an expensive deal ~ 6000 inr

Any idea where I can get them installed?
Old 10th July 2015, 16:10   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1927 View Post
Friends, I am not able to find fog lamps for Ford Classic after market. Called up a couple of spare parts shops in NCR but no one one seems to have it. Buying it from the ford dealers is an expensive deal ~ 6000 inr

Any idea where I can get them installed?
Josh,
Lots of options available online.
Try them. Go for a COD if buying from a retailer for the first time.
Old 10th July 2015, 17:16   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Josh,
I just had my Classic fitted with Fog Lamps and the entire kit consisting of 2 Fog Lamps (for Classic, Old Fiesta fitting is different) and the replacement switch (with Front Fog lamp position) cost me Rs.4100/-.
I had to order the kit as the dealers had only old Fiesta lamps which many dealers fit by tying with wires as the screw positions are different for old Fiesta and Classic Fiesta and I wanted the original fitting only. But price for both models are same.

Last edited by techiecal : 10th July 2015 at 17:21.
techiecal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 19:29   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Josh,
Thanks! Although I had tried searching online, I had not been able to find one of those.

I gave one more try and whoa! found them. I ordered online from morelifeLONDON...As this name was new to me, I confirmed via customer service first. The guy looked genuine to me and I went ahead and purchased online for 599 inr for a set of 2. Too decent price!
Lets see how the product turns out..
Josh1927 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks