Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 02:35   #76
BHPian

Any update on your buy or are you going to wait till the Diesel Cayanne is launched.
Old 19th August 2008, 03:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Although i have full confidence in Porsche' engineering it would be best to wait a while before buying a diesel cayanne as this is the first time they are developing a diesel powerplant.
I guess it would be wiser for them to just borrow an engine from the Toureg or Q7.
Old 20th August 2008, 03:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The diesel cayenne is still under development slated to launch in 2009, by the time it makes it to India it would be atleast a year from now.

Hopefully by then Porsche's plan to setup an assembly line in India will be finalized.
Although i have full confidence in Porsche' engineering it would be best to wait a while before buying a diesel cayanne as this is the first time they are developing a diesel powerplant.
Sahil the car if i am to believe right is to be unvieled this December at the motor show and would only make it to Indian shores by mid or end next year.
they are borrowing the Engine from the Q7 and tweeking it up a bit to their configuration for now. i agree with you that i would wait for a while before jumping in to get the diesel version. it is a first and i am sure there would be trial and errors. the 300bhp does sound tempting though but we still have to see what they come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I guess it would be wiser for them to just borrow an engine from the Toureg or Q7.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:26   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I'd looove to see them tweak the V10 diesel from the Toureg !
With Porsche engineers working on it + the psychological effect of the Porsche badge would boost the torque and bhp big time
Old 20th August 2008, 20:44   #80
BHPian

i guess we will wait for sometime.cause we need to sell our toyota MR-S.as soon as that is done we will get it.but no buyers for the car yet.hope we sell it soon.i dont want to make a mistake buying the car because it is not cheap. made a massive mistake already with merc e280 cdi.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
i guess we will wait for sometime.cause we need to sell our toyota MR-S.as soon as that is done we will get it.but no buyers for the car yet.hope we sell it soon.i dont want to make a mistake buying the car because it is not cheap. made a massive mistake already with merc e280 cdi.
the e 280 cdi is the best of the mercedes stable and compares with everything in the market. i own one so i know.
the Mr-s would take a while to sell as the car has no or miniscule demand. this i would call a mistake not the Mercedes E 280 cdi.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:59   #82
BHPian

speedy, MR-S if its driven in the city people literally follow you.so the mr-s just used to come out at night and i dont think it is a mistake it is fast and fun to drive(specially on a track).oh and about the e280cdi, how can you compare it to the 5 series.the 5 series has more power,better looks,much more features and is also 4lacks cheaper.dont you think? how much you paid for your e280 cdi?
Old 21st August 2008, 19:58   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
speedy, MR-S if its driven in the city people literally follow you.so the mr-s just used to come out at night and i dont think it is a mistake it is fast and fun to drive(specially on a track).oh and about the e280cdi, how can you compare it to the 5 series.the 5 series has more power,better looks,much more features and is also 4lacks cheaper.dont you think? how much you paid for your e280 cdi?
umm theres a track in goa?
Old 21st August 2008, 22:18   #84
BHPian

in verna the go-a-karting track.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in Goa yes they might in Bombay i knew someone having a yellow one and i was not impressed at all. the car i would not consider a sportscar or like they say great shakes. in my opinioun it is for people who want to experience a sports car feel without really haveing a punch. no offence meant brother, just my opiniun.
the E 280 cdi does not have the features and complications of the BMW but instead it has the simple user friendly approach. power i think it would eat your MR-S alive and packs quite a punch. trust me on this i have taken the car to almost full potential and it would pose a tough fight to a 5 series diesel and alot of other petrol cars. looks i would consider the E a very good looker, not that the BMW is A bad looker but it depends if you like the Bangled look. it also depends if you like the elegant or the sporty approach as they both are distinctively different.
i must have paid around 50 for the car. keep in mind at that time there was no 520d or the 530d.

Quote:
in verna the go-a-karting track.
i dont think they would allow you to take the MR-S on the Go-Karting track. the track is a JK sponsored track if i believe right and they have to follow all the norms. i would not buy that you are allowed to or have driven the car on it.
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
in Goa yes they might in Bombay i knew someone having a yellow one and i was not impressed at all. the car i would not consider a sportscar or like they say great shakes. in my opinioun it is for people who want to experience a sports car feel without really haveing a punch. no offence meant brother, just my opiniun.
the E 280 cdi does not have the features and complications of the BMW but instead it has the simple user friendly approach. power i think it would eat your MR-S alive and packs quite a punch. trust me on this i have taken the car to almost full potential and it would pose a tough fight to a 5 series diesel and alot of other petrol cars. looks i would consider the E a very good looker, not that the BMW is A bad looker but it depends if you like the Bangled look. it also depends if you like the elegant or the sporty approach as they both are distinctively different.
i must have paid around 50 for the car. keep in mind at that time there was no 520d or the 530d.

i dont think they would allow you to take the MR-S on the Go-Karting track. the track is a JK sponsored track if i believe right and they have to follow all the norms. i would not buy that you are allowed to or have driven the car on it.
but when i bought the e-class there was 530d.anyways thanks for inspiring me at telling me it was not a mistake.made me a little more happier.oh just to tell you the MR-s from 0-100 is quicker than the eclass but after 100 the eclass just zoom past.

no its not a JK sponsored track it privately owned.take my swift also there sometimes.speedy did you consider puting a petes tuning box on your e-class?
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but when i bought the e-class there was 530d.anyways thanks for inspiring me at telling me it was not a mistake.made me a little more happier.oh just to tell you the MR-s from 0-100 is quicker than the eclass but after 100 the eclass just zoom past.

no its not a JK sponsored track it privately owned.take my swift also there sometimes.speedy did you consider puting a petes tuning box on your e-class?
oh ok then also the E outshines the BMW in certain aspects. it is how you see it. the MR-S would outrun the Mercedes initially in a small run due to size and being a petrol. on a long run the mercedes would out run it. i have a strong feeling even from start the E would outrun it if in the hands of a good driver. the E 280cdi has enough power for the roads that you dont need pete's tuning box. i would go in later for the AMG tuning. official mercedes product.
is this the same track that holds the JK national karting championships? the tracks are privately owned but in order to be officially recognised they have to follow certain norms given by MAI. this includes cars are not to be driven on the track, so what the person is doing allowing cars on the track is illigal.
Old 24th August 2008, 10:39   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
oh ok then also the E outshines the BMW in certain aspects. it is how you see it. the MR-S would outrun the Mercedes initially in a small run due to size and being a petrol. on a long run the mercedes would out run it. i have a strong feeling even from start the E would outrun it if in the hands of a good driver. the E 280cdi has enough power for the roads that you dont need pete's tuning box. i would go in later for the AMG tuning. official mercedes product.
is this the same track that holds the JK national karting championships? the tracks are privately owned but in order to be officially recognised they have to follow certain norms given by MAI. this includes cars are not to be driven on the track, so what the person is doing allowing cars on the track is illigal.
speedy if your going for ///AMG can you tell me what the cost will be?oh as for the track i will ask the owner and confirm.

Coming back to the SUV part.Last night the Goa dealer came with a audi Q7 S-line to give us a test drive.Car looked superb! so i asked the dealer what time does it take from 0 to 100 and he said it would do in 6 seconds(which according to me is a complete lie)
Old 24th August 2008, 12:22   #89
BHPian

Hey Indra...
Check wether they are giving u the new engine or the previous one:

New Engine : 240 hp and 550 Nm torque | 0-100kmph in 8.5 seconds, better mileage
Old Engine : 233 hp and 500 torque | 0-100kmph in 9 seconds.

Both the 0-100 figures are for Automatic Transmission.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 24th August 2008 at 12:24.
Old 24th August 2008, 15:48   #90
BHPian

its the new engine 240hp. loved the car. resembled a tank .But S-line is coming to 70 lac without panoramic sunroof. think we will get the base with air suspension, 20 inch alloys and front camera. they are selling the base for 58lac on-road(pune).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks