Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 12:51   #241
BHPian

Re: Advice on CNG Conversion

Hi guys. I have an Alto lxi. It has run just short of 40,000 km. My monthly running is about 1000 km. I am getting about 14-15 kmpl in city. I am thinking of getting CNG conversion. Is it advisable? I searched but did not find anyone who has converted Alto to CNG.

Will the investment be worth it? Or is it better to buy a new CNG car / diesel car? I am on a budget right now so don't want to buy a car preferably. Thank you.
Old 19th June 2012, 16:05   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hi guys. I have an Alto lxi. It has run just short of 40,000 km. My monthly running is about 1000 km. I am getting about 14-15 kmpl in city. I am thinking of getting CNG conversion. Is it advisable? I searched but did not find anyone who has converted Alto to CNG.

Will the investment be worth it? Or is it better to buy a new CNG car / diesel car? I am on a budget right now so don't want to buy a car preferably. Thank you.
This won't be a problem, unless your car is in bad shape. My car was converted an year ago at 45K kms & run over 18K kms in the last year on CNG. Actually I am reaping the benefits of CNG. As it took me around 10K kms to recover the cost
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 17:38   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
This won't be a problem, unless your car is in bad shape. My car was converted an year ago at 45K kms & run over 18K kms in the last year on CNG. Actually I am reaping the benefits of CNG. As it took me around 10K kms to recover the cost
Thanks Cardeep. I think I will convert. Car is pretty much in good shape. My calculations suggest just i will recover the cost in 9-10 months. So its a pretty good deal.

What happens to the resale value of the car? Will it reduce?

Last edited by thumpingheart : 19th June 2012 at 17:43.
Old 19th June 2012, 18:01   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
What happens to the resale value of the car? Will it reduce?
No, don't worry on the resale front, as in today's time even petrol's cars are suffering from a disastrous sale. So, when you'll add CNG to the car, you may get 10-15k higher then you'll get for the same car with petrol.

So, resale value will be same, if not more

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 19th June 2012, 18:33   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
No idea. Let me ask the pump attendant next time, they seem knowledgeable at the Mahim pump.

I didnt bother since I continued getting the same average. In fact I was very happy it happened because the range was >250kms for that particular gas refill. Wish it happened more often
I already have done as many kms as I normally do, and 1 out of 4 lights is still on - so I should get 25% more kms than I get normally - so it's not a loss anyway.
Old 19th June 2012, 21:06   #246
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I already have done as many kms as I normally do, and 1 out of 4 lights is still on - so I should get 25% more kms than I get normally - so it's not a loss anyway.
True... that's what I expected as well. Just wish it happened more often, since that would mean fewer trips to the pump
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:24   #247
BHPian

Hi Team/ Experts on Auto Conversion,

I need advise on CNG / LPG Conversion of My Swift LXI as per information given below--

1. 2007 model swift lxi- driven 90000 kms - monthly driving is 1600-1800 kms within Hyderabad.
2. Ideally would like to retain this car as a second car, planning to buy a diesel on company leased by mid next year.

>> I need advise on the following points-

1. Should Go for CNG or LPG , what is easily available in Hyderabad?
2. MAke and model of Kit,
3. where to get the same installed, need quality hassle free work.
4. How would it impact the car and the engine in long run?
5. Any other points that I should be concerned about, missed giving a thought.

Need all your expertise to decide, Please help.

Manish

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2012 at 13:22. Reason: Correcting Smilie
Old 4th July 2012, 12:05   #248
BHPian

I have posted this query in another thread too, please don't ban me for posting in 2 threads. Just not sure if I will get reply in either.

I have a 2010 Dec SX4 ZXI and going to convert to CNG. Have talked to Lovato and Bugatti dealers for sequential kit. Bugatti costs 49K from Dhasmesh Impex in Malad while the Lovato costs 52K from Eco Fuel in Ghatkoper. Malad is closer to my home than Ghatkoper. Is Bugatti kit good compared to Lovato?
Old 4th July 2012, 13:38   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
Hi Team/ Experts on Auto Conversion,

I need advise on CNG / LPG Conversion of My Swift LXI as per information given below--

1. 2007 model swift lxi- driven 90000 kms - monthly driving is 1600-1800 kms within Hyderabad.
2. Ideally would like to retain this car as a second car, planning to buy a diesel on company leased by mid next year.

>> I need advise on the following points-

1. Should Go for CNG or LPG , what is easily available in Hyderabad?
2. MAke and model of Kit,
3. where to get the same installed, need quality hassle free work.
4. How would it impact the car and the engine in long run?
5. Any other points that I should be concerned about, missed giving a thought.

Need all your expertise to decide, Please help.

Manish
No idea for Hyderabad specific questions - - I am based in Delhi !

Go with branded and reputed dealer - mine is BRC running on two vehicles without any issues.

I dont know by what percentage it impacts - I got my swift converted at approx 27K kms, and now it's at about 1,20,000kms....nothing major suffered so far ...

Get the kit on your RC + Insurance !! In my case MASS/Dealer took 1500rs to get the RC endorsed with CNG kit etc. and the updated RC was delivered to my home in about 15/20 odd days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have posted this query in another thread too, please don't ban me for posting in 2 threads. Just not sure if I will get reply in either.

I have a 2010 Dec SX4 ZXI and going to convert to CNG. Have talked to Lovato and Bugatti dealers for sequential kit. Bugatti costs 49K from Dhasmesh Impex in Malad while the Lovato costs 52K from Eco Fuel in Ghatkoper. Malad is closer to my home than Ghatkoper. Is Bugatti kit good compared to Lovato?
Hmm...thats strange...as BRC or Lovato Sequential is being quoted as 67K to me from Apra Auto (MASS) Gurgaon ....the rates vary so much between Bombay and Delhi ??!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th July 2012 at 20:26. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:02   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja

Hmm...thats strange...as BRC or Lovato Sequential is being quoted as 67K to me from Apra Auto (MASS) Gurgaon ....the rates vary so much between Bombay and Delhi ??!!
I had also got 65k for a Lovato from another dealer. Then i went to direct distributor. Check up if Eco Fuel have an outlet in your area. Also, MASS may be more expensive than others i think.
Old 6th July 2012, 06:59   #251
BHPian

What is the RTO approved list of cars for CNG conversion in Hyderabad? Any idea if Fiat Linea can be converted with approval?
Old 9th July 2012, 02:36   #252

Hi,

I own Honda City ZX VTEC (2007) with 53,000 km done. My travel pattern has recently changed and now it looks like 1,000 km/Month city travel plus 1,500 km/Month highway. I need advice whether to convert to CNG or sell this car and go for a fuel efficient diesel car.

Thanks.
Old 9th July 2012, 10:00   #253
BHPian

I would suggest you to sell it and buy a diesel as cng is not available freely and your highway run is pretty high. We have a cng baleno which is restricted to run within the city or max until pune(where we have never found a cng filling stn and returned on petrol).
Reality is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 22:16   #254
BHPian

Just got a open loop Lovato kit fitted on my old sturdy Wagon-R from Super gas at Oshiwara in Mumbai. Got a good deal for it and it's doing quite good as of now, which means the fitting went well. Will test it properly and a take it for a long drive and post. Plans for buying a Accord are on the hold for the time being

Lovato is going to get RTO approval for fitting CNG on 2000cc plus cars in bout a month's time . Right now BRC and some others have it.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:45   #255
BHPian

I have a 2005 Honda City iDSi, (non VTEC) and am planning to go for a CNG kit, but the check-engine light issue holding me back, which seems to be a common complaint with Hondas. For other cars, especially Marutis, there is feedback about the light going away with a bit of rewiring of the Lambda, but no such conclusive feedback on Hondas across Team-bhp.com and other online forums. I would appreciate if any Honda owner has such feedback, and if so, which fitter.

When I called CNG fitters in Thane including Eco Fuel Center mentioned earlier in this thread, they say that the light normally comes on in Honda cars, and that is "normal". I am not ready to settle for that. Nor do I want to go for a sequential kit which involves manifold drilling. Can anyone suggest a solution, or a fitter who is more knowledgeable than these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks