Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 21:08   #46
BHPian

Well i'm getting a bit confused now... Dont you think an older fitment on a euro III car will cause problem with the RTO... Plus the insurance companies can also trouble me during claims....
One thing more i just read somewhere in here that SAYA (a maruti dealer in delhi) is providing cng kits for marutis without violating the warranty... Now can this be true... If it is wont maruti be heavily advertising it? I cant find the link to verify...
Old 19th September 2006, 23:10   #47
BHPian

not really, Since the only Euro 3 system has is a Lamda O2 Sensor.
The remaining system is the same reducer, emmulator, advanced sensor and Tank.
I've heard Rohan Motors offering the same, Now getting this done on a new car and not voiding warranty is as good as saying Maruti won't come to know about our little secret..Seems like its a Big scam by cheating customers and Maruti or the dealer is assuring you and providing warranty at his risk, since the onus of claiming any warranty damaged part is on him..So that is where they will do the switch.
Just wait a week more to confrim the arrival dates for the Euro 3 ready system or Bharat stage 3 like we should call it.
Last when I was at Shrimanker I saw a year old Optra being converted with the Advanced Lamda Sensor..!
Old 19th September 2006, 23:55   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
Hey guys,
But i m very confused which one shall i go for a Cng or Lpg. IO heard that Cng is better than Lpg b coz lpg damages the engine where as cng doesnt have any effect on it..........

Plz give me ur opinion?????
Go for CNG.It is safer and cheaper.Acceleration will suffer a bit but nothing to worry.
Old 15th November 2006, 15:17   #49
BHPian

CNG is best option for petrol vehicles because
1. CNG never contains Impurities (never Possible)
2. CNG is Lighter then air so if some problem occurs like leakage then if gets mixed with air before catching fire
3. Good on engine for prolonged use. 99.9% combustible (No smoke produced, or very less smoke produced... depends on engine health)
4. Govt. Approved.

If you get a drop in performance, service your car before retrofitting and change the plugs if you are using an old car for CNG. Get Engine settings to optimum and hav fun. I bet you cant hav any problems with CNG till anyone tampers it. Fuel Efficiency and engine life both increases. I hav been using it in my Indigo since 2 years and i havent got any kinda probs wit it. infact i hav just forgotten it. Kits available are Tomasetto Achille, Shrimankar Bedini and Landi Renzo for Cars and Vanaz, Bedini etc for 3 wheelers. i own a CNG retrofitting Center in Gujarat with a CNG filling Station also. If you hav any queries then plz tell me.
bmdesai1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2006, 19:42   #50
BHPian

guys good news for maruti owners in mumbai. vitesse is fitting a lpg kit without voiding the warranty of the vehicle. though they r charging a premium for it. they quoted me 29k for fitting a lpg kit on my baleno....
Old 24th November 2006, 10:44   #51

well i got my baleno fitted here in delhi from saya moters with CNG kit.. the warranty is still intact and infact i have got couple of parts changed under warranty after installint he kits.. costed me 45k..
Old 24th November 2006, 11:46   #52
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone fitted the LPG or CNG kit on old Hyundai Santro (1L). How much is the performace degradation?

Cheers,
Amit.
Old 24th November 2006, 13:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
LPG. Gives you slightly better mileage than petrol (10%)
Tarun
LPG will not give you more mileage. It is the other way. It will be 10% less than Petrol. I am using LPG in my zen for more than 1.5 years now. It never gave me more. Also the dealer who installed the kit said the same -it will be less mileage. I am not sure about CNG in this case.
Old 9th December 2006, 01:57   #54
BHPian

Since this pertains more to CNG kits...im not posting it in mods.
Assuming that a CNG kit reduces power..why not compensate for it by fittin free flows+ K&N performance filter+whatever normal power upgrade modifications are done.is this feasible..or shud i just dream on?mod gurus..viper and d likes...please shed light on this..
Old 9th December 2006, 16:38   #55
BHPian

@bonnetsetup
Well it all can be done.... BUT my friend when one is trying to save on fuel bill, does it make sense to splurge else where (whatever the amount maybe)? I would recommend that one sticks to petrol, if the power loss is worrisome..
P.s.- One thing more, although you wont be getting the earlier grunt after the CNG fitment, but in cities you dont have the kind of roads to really burn your rubber... Economy rules over thrill!!
ess_a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2006, 18:08   #56
BHPian

@ess_a
Dunno if you've been to bbay..but you'll find a hell lot of places to burn rubber.the only problem is..with a car like mine(indica 2004 petrol)that gives an average of 9..everytime you burn rubber..you burn a hole in your pocket.i worked out some statistics and found out that the cost of fittin the cng plus the mods(FFE+K&n+spark plugs= approx14K) can be recovered in 15months(approx).If anyone plans to keep their car for more than 15 months..i believe it will easy on the bank balance..and you wont be losing out on the thrill.just wasnt sure if the FFE and mods would do much good with CNG..thanks for clarification
Old 9th December 2006, 23:42   #57
BHPian

@bonnetsup
Let me add one more cost to your calculations.. The "resale value" cost!!
Otherwise the mods you have chosen will do their job (but if you go through this forum you'll see varied results in terms of the experiences of the fellow tbhpians while using k&n. So better be sure and ask around..)
Old 10th December 2006, 00:23   #58
BHPian

are you sure about the resale value goin down??im not too familiar with the 2nd hand market scene..but i would expect a car with CNG and no drop in performance..to sell well..??ppl comments plzz..
Old 10th December 2006, 01:20   #59
BHPian

Okay lemme ask you a question... If you were to go for a second hand car, will you prefer a zen petrol or a zen cng...???
One always tries to find, if i may say, a near 'virgin' car... So any tampering you do will fetch a lower price.. All the additional costs that you incurred (cng etc) wont be recompensated adequately...
Old 21st January 2007, 02:58   #60

Hey,

I've been using CNG on my MPFI Esteem for over 2 years and have got good performance. The kit would cost about 37K in Delhi. You need to ensure that you get the kit serviced at least once in 3 months to get best power and milage.

There is a slight difference in power in Petrol and CNG however thats not really considerable and when you are shelling out just 200 buck for a full tank you would not mind that slight power drop.

I drove my Esteem on the Delhi Ambala Expres highway and in a full tank(12KG) got a Milage of 270KM on A/C.

I hope that should make your decision easier.
sudhir_nyc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks