Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:24   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: thumbs down on xenos - me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
since my car was scratched recently, i was looking for a security system which will blow siren if someone tries to scratch again in the night.

reading few good recommendations about a xenos system on tbhp threads, i went to their website - Xenos, but was disappointed to find very limited information about xenos products there.

different types of systems are listed, but there is no information about how the systems compare amongst themselves. i am still not clear about what the difference is between a FW 350-1A system and a FW 350-4A system. i kept wondering if 1A indicated one motor for cars with factory-fit central locking, and 4A for 4 motors? or something else? besides there was no clear info about the difference between the FS and FW series.

so i wrote them an email asking these things, and mentioning clearly that i was looking to buy a security system as soon as possible.

i got a call next morning, but i was driving that time, so i told him i would return the call in sometime. i did call in half an hour, nobody picked up. i called thrice later, no answer. nobody even bothered to return the call later. this was a week ago. no call, no reply to email till date.

if this is how they respond to prospective customers, i can only imagine how they will respond to my complaints later on. so xenos, despite me liking it feature-wise, is out. considering autocop now.
You can try the Nippon also, I have it on my Scorpio, it can be set to various senstivity levels (by the company technician). My siren starts even if there is a slight tap on the body (as a matter of fact during heavy rains I have to put it on mute)
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:10   #242
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Autocop for FIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
I am also looking for the same after acquiring my Figo TDCi Titanium. I am sure Ford has done good work with the current setup, but in the case of a intrusion, the siren is glaringly missing. Any options that can be installed without adding another remote will be helpful.
Call Autocop; their new range includes bolt-on model-specific kits. For instance, the one I got for my Civic uses the factory Civic remote and all factory functionality. Autocop features (siren, motion sensors for the insides) piggyback on the stock features. The best of both worlds, really.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:26   #243
Senior - BHPian

re: Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it

The key less entry system which comes with Honda City SMT doesn't offer security features like siren, sensor buzzing etc. It just lock and unlock the doors.

What can be done regarding this?
Old 6th February 2011, 21:00   #244
BHPian

i am still awaiting a response on this one. Looks like no one with a figo has one :-(
Old 28th April 2011, 12:28   #245
BHPian

Hello guys,

Please suggest some good security system for Hyundai i10 Magna.I want a good reputed and trustworthy brand and it should have the regular features like remote central locking and alarms for intrusions.

The reason I need this now is that I have to park the vehicle away from my house and can no longer keep a watch on it.Atleast a good alarm system will deter the thieves.
Old 28th April 2011, 14:53   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Call Autocop; their new range includes bolt-on model-specific kits. For instance, the one I got for my Civic uses the factory Civic remote and all factory functionality. Autocop features (siren, motion sensors for the insides) piggyback on the stock features. The best of both worlds, really.
GTO small help here please. By doing so would they tamper with the wiring in turn voiding warranty for the figo? Somebody in this form suggested not to add anything extra
Old 20th May 2011, 17:52   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am also looking to understand how additional security systems will interfere with the engine immobilizer and ECU on a honda city. The factory fitted system works, but there is no siren or feedback when locking or unlocking. After reading the manual, I found that upon intrusion the horn will go off, but the stock horns on the city are not that loud.
Old 11th November 2011, 16:15   #248

Hi, looks like this thread's been asleep since May, but giving it a shot anyways.

I'm the happy owner of a 2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Exi and lately, I have been thinking about getting a security system installed. The main reason is because the apartment where I live does not have covered or secured parking facility. I'm more concerned about the possibility of dents, scratches and the local kids playing with my ORVMs (not to mention the local cats and dogs that seem to have taken a special liking to my ride!!), than with actual burglaries or car-jackings. Basically, the alarm, blinkers and the shock sensors are what interest me.
So, I was wondering if any of the FIGO 'Bhpians could enlighten me on the following:
(a) in your opinion, which is the best security system for the Figo?
(b) your experience with such systems (specifically, the 'Figo experience')
(c) will getting it installed affect the Ford warranty or any of the electrical systems within the car?
(d) any other relevant point I should consider before going in for one.

Thanks very much, in advance.
Cheers,

M_83.
Old 11th November 2011, 16:48   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83 View Post
Hi, looks like this thread's been asleep since May, but giving it a shot anyways.

I'm the happy owner of a 2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Exi and lately, I have been thinking about getting a security system installed. The main reason is because the apartment where I live does not have covered or secured parking facility. I'm more concerned about the possibility of dents, scratches and the local kids playing with my ORVMs (not to mention the local cats and dogs that seem to have taken a special liking to my ride!!), than with actual burglaries or car-jackings. Basically, the alarm, blinkers and the shock sensors are what interest me.
So, I was wondering if any of the FIGO 'Bhpians could enlighten me on the following:
(a) in your opinion, which is the best security system for the Figo?
(b) your experience with such systems (specifically, the 'Figo experience')
(c) will getting it installed affect the Ford warranty or any of the electrical systems within the car?
(d) any other relevant point I should consider before going in for one.

Thanks very much, in advance.
Cheers,

M_83.
Well a few things first. The chances of the figo being stolen may be remote as it has an immobilizer. Does the figo have the facility to get an external security system attached. I say this as sometime back i was told that one cannot. I have a titanium and was specifically told that a autocop or similar security system does not come for the figo

I would also love to hear more on this subject. Anyone out there to enlighten us.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 17:06   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am also looking to understand how additional security systems will interfere with the engine immobilizer and ECU on a honda city. The factory fitted system works, but there is no siren or feedback when locking or unlocking. After reading the manual, I found that upon intrusion the horn will go off, but the stock horns on the city are not that loud.
Autocop has wiring kits to suit almost all indian cars, so that they do not end up cutting wires. Check with them and understand if they have the kit for our car. Secondly, Check with your dealer for Autocop, If he quotes the same price, you may get it fit from him. If it is installed at the dealer, it would not void warranty. If it voids warranty, dealer is responsible for the same.

If you are interested, Xenos is another brand available and is as good as autocop.

I dont think the remote interfaces with Engine immobiliser, your key does the trick. Autocop prevents entry into the vehicle and alerts if there is an entry. immobilizer is an added protection, since you cannot start the car without the "digital" key, which has a chip embedded. Secondly, from the manufacturer's perpective, i would not allow anyone to interfere with my immoblizer as it may expose threats to steal the car.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 11th November 2011 at 17:11.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 17:21   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well a few things first. The chances of the figo being stolen may be remote as it has an immobilizer. Does the figo have the facility to get an external security system attached. I say this as sometime back i was told that one cannot. I have a titanium and was specifically told that a autocop or similar security system does not come for the figo

I would also love to hear more on this subject. Anyone out there to enlighten us.
I came to know from google that Lathangi Ford has installed "Autocop Nippon" on a Figo. Check with Lathangi on Bannerghatta road. Since you are in Bangalore, you may even drive down to the same. If he installs the same, its Lathangi's responsibility to ensure warranty is not Void.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:45   #252
BHPian

Is it possible to add an alarm/chime system to the existing unit on the Verna? I do not want to lose the company security system. But unfortunately it has only engine immobilizer and lock/unlock.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:42   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Is it possible to add an alarm/chime system to the existing unit on the Verna? I do not want to lose the company security system. But unfortunately it has only engine immobilizer and lock/unlock.
Yes it is possible to add the same. This could be done at the A.S.S itself or aftermarket too. I would recomment the A.S.S because warranty would not be void. it should cost you less than 1000/- in total (beeper + Labor + Wires).
Old 15th November 2011, 22:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Yes it is possible to add the same. This could be done at the A.S.S itself or aftermarket too. I would recomment the A.S.S because warranty would not be void. it should cost you less than 1000/- in total (beeper + Labor + Wires).
Surprisingly when I checked with A.S.S they said its not possible on my car. I must mention that if I manually open the car with the key, the lights don't blink. It just has immobilizer. In my other car if I lock using the remote and manually unlock using key, the alarm will go off. I can set it to lights only as well.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Surprisingly when I checked with A.S.S they said its not possible on my car. I must mention that if I manually open the car with the key, the lights don't blink. It just has immobilizer. In my other car if I lock using the remote and manually unlock using key, the alarm will go off. I can set it to lights only as well.
If you use the manual central locking (key only) it will not activate the security system. When you lock the car using the buttons, the security system will be activated. If you lock the car with the security system, you MUST unlock using the security remote only, else the alarm will go off. This is a safety feature.

Regarding your A.S.S he is either not sure about the job or does not want to take responsibility about the same or is not interested in this small time job. Technically it is possible. When you press the button on your Key, the indicators will blink / glow for 2 seconds. A parallell wiring has to be done from the security unit to the horn or an external beeper. This will do the trick. Parallell circuits connections is done in a 5th standard school project, so it is a child's play for a car electrician.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks