Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 16:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The warranty is 5 years on Xenos products. Thats their definition of lifetime warranty. The estimated life of these products is supposedly 5 years.

Its the same thing as "Lifetime Free Prepaid/Incoming" which is technically valid for 7 years.
This particular product has a 3 year warranty. I am looking at the warranty card right now, and it says that "This product comes with three-years warranty". The warranty expires in 2011.
This is a new product as per the Xenos people, so maybe the 3-year warranty is the direction they are moving in.
Old 15th April 2008, 18:56   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunson View Post
With all this iCATS and such jigina, .. (snip) ...

First the musts. Look for a security system with remote central locking. You should be able to turn off the audio warning while locking/opening (useful sometimes). You should be able to disable the reverse gear warning (if present). It should NOT unlock doors when you switch off the engine. (you do not want enu***s on you your lap or thieves opening your door). (my system does not have any of these, and I am missing them)

Next, the optionals. A HU (audio) security hook is an advantage. (Search the forum for a thread on how to protect your audio system).

You may not want an impact sensor - it is most likely to give off false alarms.

Preferably, get this - remote central locking - done by the dealer or at least, on same day as you take delivery. It is not a happy experience to find your car missing on the day after taking delivery (hmm... baaaaad Inglish!!!).
Old 15th April 2008, 20:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunson View Post
With all this iCATS and such jigina, will I need any such security system for SX4? I know that car theft != car parts theft.

What gear locking would one recommend for use with the SX4 and where can I get it in Bangalore?
With iCATS would not need gear lock. Disabling iCats requires tinkering with ECM and is non-trivial. So car is reasonably safe.

HU and other "stealable" things are part of completely different story though.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

My car's security system: None
Opinion: Really great!!

Since I have a Palio, I never thought about installing a security system.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:16   #110
BHPian

Hi Guys
I want ot know is Viper car security systems available in India??
i went thru their site & their systems looks promissing.

Viper - Remote Start - Viper 5500

Rgds
Old 13th August 2008, 18:44   #111
Senior - BHPian

Unable to Find Auto Cop XS Battery

Hi,

Any inputs on where to find the Auto Cop XS Battery, in Navi Mumbai.

One of the Remotes is no longer working probably the battery is run down, the other one is still functioning.

But I am unable to get the battery any where in Navi Mumbai, I tried a couple of Car & Accessary dealers to no avail.

Putting a mail to Auto Cop has also got no reply.

Old 18th August 2008, 13:46   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi,

Any inputs on where to find the Auto Cop XS Battery, in Navi Mumbai.

One of the Remotes is no longer working probably the battery is run down, the other one is still functioning.

But I am unable to get the battery any where in Navi Mumbai, I tried a couple of Car & Accessary dealers to no avail.

Putting a mail to Auto Cop has also got no reply.

Go to the Autocop service center.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:11   #113
BHPian

Skoda's Built in Alarm System... Works like a charm and never lets the car start without the right key..
Old 21st August 2008, 07:09   #114
BANNED

My Autocop's sound alarms are not working after just 1.5 years. I had expected better quality from Autocop.
Old 21st August 2008, 07:20   #115
BANNED

My autocop remote uses same battery as used in the audio remote (that is what I think - from a visual examination). It will be better to take out the remote battery and ask an electronics dealer.
Old 21st August 2008, 07:39   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Even those huge and visible (a big visual deterrent) steering locks are useful.
It is called Club and looks like this. Not sure if we get these in India, but all my friends who live in NYC area, use this all the time. It costs about $35 (on Amazon).
Attached Thumbnails
Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it-31m5dacspql._ss500_.jpg  

Last edited by muralisk : 21st August 2008 at 07:42.
muralisk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2008, 09:11   #117
BHPian

Hyundai three button remote

I have the default Hyundai 3 button security system, small button used to turn on the light and also acts as a mute button. I can mute the alarm when using it @ night times, saves the wrath of sleepy neighbours

My car is parked in the safe vicinity of my apartment and inside the office compound.

Name:  7.gif
Views: 3035
Size:  19.7 KB

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 21st August 2008, 17:04   #118
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Nippon Security System-Alto LXi

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an Alto LXi in May 2008, got a Maruti Genuine Accessory (MGA) Nippon secirity system fitted at the dealer itself.

Its features are as follows:
1. Its a clamp-on system & therefore, no cutting/splicing of original wiring
2. Keyless entry with remote central locking/unlocking
3. Two stage impact sensor
4. Door/Trunk/Bonnet protection
5. Starter Immobiliser
6. Auto Rearm
7. Valet Mode
8. Passive Arming & locking
9. Anti Hijack mode
10. Personalised Pincode

This system comes with a 3 year warranty. Its been close to 3 months now and I have not had any problems with this system. Initially, the doors used to unlock when I turned off the ignition at traffic lights, but I tweaked that by reading through the manual and disabling the feature. The doors automatically lock once the vehicle crosses a speed of 20 kmph which is very useful.

Also, my Alto LXi comes factory fitted iCATS system so I got this security system for added convenience and safety. I paid Rs. 5,200/- for this.
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:58   #119
BHPian

Keyless Entry - Remote Key

The Minda keyless entry system sold by Tata motors for fitting onto a Tata Safari has only lock/unlock facility. It comes with an immobilizer facility which is built into the ECU. The question is the same manufacturer sells under the name of Fort Knox - a three key remote lock, which backs up as a security device.

I had fitted this in my earlier car - another Safari. Will I contravene the guarantee agreement if I fit this into my new Safari ?

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2008 at 14:24. Reason: Please continue in one of the existing thread. Use search option.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:34   #120
BHPian

I am worried about the manufacturer warranty on this car as any third party installation might affect this.
Anyone know about this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks