Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2016, 23:47   #1126
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Companies like Minda, Syndicate, Pricol will remain synonymous to the Indian Car Industry. In fact, I have not had a great experience with Bosch and hence the last set in the WagonR was bought from autotrends (Frameless) and for Ertiga I used Syndicate (conventional).

Today, I went ahead and picked these - Minda Soft Wipers from an automotive shop near my home here in Yelahanka. They cost me 340/- (WagonR - 16"/18") and 360/- (Ertiga 14"/21").

Installed these a while before and did the basic test - On both the cars these wipers clean the complete surface at one stroke without leaving any residual area. I won't mind if these last only for the next one year as others did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
My Wagon R wiper blades are almost 2 yrs old now and needs a change. Currently they are the OEM's installed during regular servicing at Maruti service station. Planning to buy the Minda Soft wipers 16" / 18". Will enquire with the local automotive shops rather than online to avoid being sold old stock / non-compatible wipers.

Does Minda provide the rear windshield wiper blade also? Is the clip design compatible for the rear wiper?
3 days back brought a pair of 16" and 18" Minda premium Soft wiper blades for my Wagon R from a local shop at BTM selling auto lubricants. Paid Rs 370 for both. When I opened the pack today to install the same, saw that the 18" blade was smaller by about 2 inches when compared to the existing wiper blade. During the purchase I had remembered the size of the blades in the post of "paragsachania" and also referred to the package for the size. When I carefully re-read the application chart on the back of the packaging, noticed that wiper blade size is 20" for new Wagon R. Atleast Minda could have mentioned as "Old Wagon R" for 18" blade in their application chart.

Returned back and exchanged the 18" blade to 20". Probably as someone suggested in the subsequent post, I should have checked the wiper blade size on the car before purchasing a new one. Finally, all is OK now and used the new wipers in the rain this evening and was satisfied with the clean sweep.

The rear wiper blade measures 14" and is not available in the shop I had purchased the front windshield wipers. I will look for it at another shop on monday. Planning to take the existing wiper blade since the clipping seems to be different from the one in the front.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-price.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-blades.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-application-chart.jpeg  

Last edited by bhandary : 15th August 2016 at 00:08. Reason: Picture size reduced
bhandary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 00:00   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Anyone from Mumbai who has got Wipers for their Jetta changed recently? I am tired of looking everywhere and i cannot seem to find one, Its the same with 2 other bhpians who was trying to get their changed but were not able to find the "Press button" type one, It seems all the shops have wipers for a different or the older generation jettas which don't fit anymore, Seriously annoying considering the one's from VW did not even last 4 months for me and it costed 2k and i have already changed it 3 times.
Old 27th August 2016, 15:55   #1128
BHPian

Have a set of Bosch Eco on my Swift Dzire, using them for around 2 months now. Problem is, there seems to be some residue on it. There are these marks on the windshield (New windshield, changed 2 months back along with wipers from Windshield Experts for 6k) that only go away if the glass if wiped nicely with some vigor. This usually happens when I use the wipers. Have to stop at times for clear visibility on days we have heavy rains and I drive at night, Any idea WHY this happens? Never noticed this on the older glass with the OEM wipers.
It's annoying to stop and start wiping the glass vigorously just when I leave from work only for it to come back after 15 mins of wiper usage. Is it the wiper blades that is of bad rubber? Experts, help appreciated.

Link to a Google picture of what my windshield appears to be:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-157464.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2016 at 19:00. Reason: Uploading image as attachment
Old 31st August 2016, 10:58   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Got Bosch Eco 22/16 a month back from Amazon to replace the screeching OEM blades which were over an year old on my i10 . Cost me 350 for the pair.
Also got the rear blade changed from a little known 'power x' brand, also from Amazon. This one's 350 for the single one.
Satisfactory performance till now in this monsoon.
Old 31st August 2016, 11:35   #1130
BHPian

I too bought the Bosch Eco from amazon and they seem to be working great as of now.
The 24' and 16' fit perfectly on the Skoda Rapid.
Old 31st August 2016, 12:16   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Have a set of Bosch Eco on my Swift Dzire, using them for around 2 months now. Problem is, there seems to be some residue on it. There are these marks on the windshield (New windshield, changed 2 months back along with wipers from Windshield Experts for 6k) that only go away if the glass if wiped nicely with some vigor. This usually happens when I use the wipers. Have to stop at times for clear visibility on days we have heavy rains and I drive at night, Any idea WHY this happens? Never noticed this on the older glass with the OEM wipers.
It's annoying to stop and start wiping the glass vigorously just when I leave from work only for it to come back after 15 mins of wiper usage. Is it the wiper blades that is of bad rubber? Experts, help appreciated.
This is the exact same issue on both my cars - Ecosport and Nano. I am made to believe that the frameless wiper blade from Bosch do a good job and do not leave any residue behind. Yet to try that out though.

Few years back a FNG guy gave me some liquid additive to be pored in with water (for wiper reservoir) for getting a clean wipe. Needless to say, I had to get the wiper blades changed after a couple of weeks as the issue compounded with residue on glass.

What I usually do is to clean the glass with colin at the start of my day. I also ensure that the wiper blades are cleaned with a moist microfiber cloth. Yet the results are not satisfying.
Old 31st August 2016, 12:26   #1132
BHPian

My 1 year old Elite i20 wiper started giving streaking noises. As monsoon around the corner, I'd like to change the same as the sound was very irritating. Is it recommended to go with Bosch Aero Twins 600mm and 400mm pair? I'd like to go for frameless version now.
Old 1st September 2016, 13:40   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Folks do we know where we are getting Hella Dyna Edge, tried 3-4 auto shops in Koramangala and HSR area of Bangalore but none have them. I used them on my earlier car and they worked pretty well. These are frame less ones.
Old 1st September 2016, 13:54   #1134
Senior - BHPian

My problems with wiper blades doesn't seem to end. After the OE ones were a year old, I changed them to BOSH wiper blades, then within 3-4 months they were juddering and streaking and changed to the Hella ones, same issue again with these blades as well. Then took the frame less ones from autotrends.in and had the same issue with these blades as well. Gave up and got the wiper blades changed and MASS this time. Worked well for couple of months, and now I see a thin layer forming every time the blades sweep and return to their position. This thin sheet is like a layer of wax or paper on the windshield and it vanishes in couple of seconds, but is a BIG nuisance in the night.

I have tried the MASS windhsield washer fluid, shampoos of various types, Sonax washer fluid, wurth washer fluid and plan jane tap and filtered RO water as well as a last resort, but the issue still continues.

Any suggestions what I should do? This is for a Maruti Dzire 2013 model with about 35k on the Odo. There are no scratches or swirl marks on the glass as I take care to ensure only I wash the car.
Old 1st September 2016, 14:14   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My problems with wiper blades doesn't seem to end. After the OE ones were a year old, I changed them to BOSH wiper blades, then within 3-4 months they were juddering and streaking and changed to the Hella ones, same issue again with these blades as well. Then took the frame less ones from autotrends.in and had the same issue with these blades as well. Gave up and got the wiper blades changed and MASS this time. Worked well for couple of months, and now I see a thin layer forming every time the blades sweep and return to their position. This thin sheet is like a layer of wax or paper on the windshield and it vanishes in couple of seconds, but is a BIG nuisance in the night.

I have tried the MASS windhsield washer fluid, shampoos of various types, Sonax washer fluid, wurth washer fluid and plan jane tap and filtered RO water as well as a last resort, but the issue still continues.

Any suggestions what I should do? This is for a Maruti Dzire 2013 model with about 35k on the Odo. There are no scratches or swirl marks on the glass as I take care to ensure only I wash the car.
Even i have the same problem in our i20. No wiper brand has been able to wipe without juddering after the initial couple of months. I think the problem is to do with the glass itself. Some sort of manufacturing defect which causes the wipers to skip, hop and jump! I came to this conclusion after doing everything i knew of to remove the wiper juddering. Even polished the windshield with Ceriglass which will remove whatever is present on the windshield! No avail. Have learnt to live with it. Sigh
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 16:44   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I came to this conclusion after doing everything i knew of to remove the wiper juddering.
Did you try loosening the wiper arm nuts at the point of rotation?
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 17:10   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you try loosening the wiper arm nuts at the point of rotation?
How will that help? The juddering is happening from the blades and not from the wiper arm
Old 1st September 2016, 17:37   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
How will that help? The juddering is happening from the blades and not from the wiper arm
if the pressure on the wiper arm is reduced, the shuddering of the blades may reduce. I had changed the wiper arms as well as the wiper link assembly myself for my qualis recently and was fiddling with the tightening of the nut for smooth movement.

Last edited by diyguy : 1st September 2016 at 17:38.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:45   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Have a set of Bosch Eco on my Swift Dzire, using them for around 2 months now. Never noticed this on the older glass with the OEM wipers.

Attachment 1548076

No solution yet, only wiping the glass vigorously seems to help, well for just 5 mins! Wondering what to do, change the blades maybe? Never have I seen this earlier in 6 years of driving, can't ascertain cause both glass and wipers were changed at the same time
Old 1st September 2016, 21:56   #1140
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
if the pressure on the wiper arm is reduced, the shuddering of the blades may reduce.
Won't the wiping effectiveness come down if the pressure on the wiper arm is reduced?!

AFAIK, the shuddering happens when the friction between the blades and the windscreen is more (Correct me if I am wrong). May be the coating on the blades are wearing off?

Got myself a pair of Bosch Conventional wipers for my Swift from local accessory store as the Hella Curvo was becoming irritating to drive around with in rain as it was streaking at my line of sight no matter what technique I try. The blades were 10 months on my car.

Driver's side: 21"
Passenger side: 19"
Cost: ₹320

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20160825_182733.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20160825_182708.jpg

Left: Hella Curvo and Right: Bosch Conventional ones
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20160825_182924.jpg

Happy to get the conventional type. They wipe super clean and smooth in action too. IMO the conventional types are the best for the Swift in all the R&D I have done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks