Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 19:16   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Not sure what is the size. Is there any way out to find exact wiper size of ASPIRE.
3M car care has the size for the Figo/Aspire as 22/16. And you are right, there is no mention of the wiper blade size anywhere in the manual. I even went to the extent of calling my Service Adviser. He too was clueless. Either 21/19 or 22/16 should be a good fit.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:27   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Is there any way out to find exact wiper size of ASPIRE.
Are you on OE wiper blades now? If yes, then take a measuring tape and measure the blades. That is what was done for my car, when I did not know the original size.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 12:41   #1233
Senior - BHPian

I got Hella Curvo installed in my Figo today and I find it bulkier than the stock in terms of front visibility, which was one main reason I went for a replacement. Otherwise, the wipers are great and got it from a Bosch authorised dealer!

If anyone looking for 22" & 16" do let me know before I use it more. Else I will have to live with it. Can I remove the outer rubber protection/cover and use it? Is the rubber cover meant for aerodynamics?
Old 20th July 2017, 16:02   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I got Hella Curvo installed in my Figo today and I find it bulkier than the stock in terms of front visibility, which was one main reason I went for a replacement. Otherwise, the wipers are great and got it from a Bosch authorised dealer!
So use a Hella Curvo (from a Bosch dealer) because it was bulkier ?

Quote:
If anyone looking for 22" & 16" do let me know before I use it more. Else I will have to live with it. Can I remove the outer rubber protection/cover and use it? Is the rubber cover meant for aerodynamics?
I had used Hella Curvo 22" 16" blades for my Ecosport before my current Unipoint wipers. I am looking for a replacement. The online store from where I used to buy blades is no longer there.

Where did you buy those blades from ?
Old 20th July 2017, 22:49   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Where did you buy those blades from ?
The local Bosch authorized distributer had stock of Hella Curvo but not the Bosch Clear Advantage in 16". K K Diesels, Kottayam.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 11:23   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
The local Bosch authorized distributer had stock of Hella Curvo but not the Bosch Clear Advantage in 16". K K Diesels, Kottayam.
How much did you pay for these ?
Old 21st July 2017, 22:34   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass
Are you on OE wiper blades now? If yes, then take a measuring tape and measure the blades. That is what was done for my car, when I did not know the original size.
I have taken measurement of the stock wipers of Ford Aspire TDCi.

It is 22"/16"
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 00:59   #1238

Replaced stock wipers after 5 years with Hella Curvo frameless wipers 20" (driver side) and 16" (passenger side). Results are really satisfactory.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-wipers.jpg  

Old 31st July 2017, 17:58   #1239
Senior - BHPian

I recently changed the wipers for my pre-owned Fortuner and while they work fine on low intermittent setting, the moment I turn to mid or high speed setting they start juddering and squeaking.

The auto parts guy has the frameless ones but based on feedback that it causes more pressure on the wiper motor I chose the frame-based ones. He only had Hella in stock and it being a brand name I decided to go ahead with it.

I wonder what the issue could be because they don't squeak or judder always, only on mid/high speed settings even if there's lot of rain. The juddering and squeaking definitely isn't because of less water. It was raining cats and dogs today but the wipers juddered.

Also, they don't judder at the first wipe, after about 10-15 wipes it starts juddering.
Old 1st August 2017, 19:11   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody been successful in sourcing a rear wiper (10") for Swift outside of the A.S.S. ? It is priced at Rs.500+ there , if it at all it is in stock, and is quite expensive for just the blade.
Old 1st August 2017, 19:36   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Has anybody been successful in sourcing a rear wiper (10") for Swift outside of the A.S.S. ? It is priced at Rs.500+ there , if it at all it is in stock, and is quite expensive for just the blade.
Please buy from any reputed automotive spare parts shop. What Maruti charges is hopeless.

For that money, you will get a pair of regular Bosch or Minda Wipers with frame.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:13   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Please buy from any reputed automotive spare parts shop. What Maruti charges is hopeless.

For that money, you will get a pair of regular Bosch or Minda Wipers with frame.
Problem is, any wiper less than 12 inch in size is difficult to find. I was looking for 11 inch rear wiper for my ford figo. But could not find it anywhere. Checked online too, and no one in India was selling it there. Imported ones were costing a bomb.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:18   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Problem is, any wiper less than 12 inch in size is difficult to find. I was looking for 11 inch rear wiper for my ford figo. But could not find it anywhere. Checked online too, and no one in India was selling it there. Imported ones were costing a bomb.
Thanks Shipnil. Wasn't aware of that.

And knowing that rear wipers comes with a cover, I am sure one cannot fix a longer one too?
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:24   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Wouldn't it be easy to cut a 12 inch wiper to 11 inches?
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:19   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Wouldn't it be easy to cut a 12 inch wiper to 11 inches?
Do you mean to cut the rubber blade part only? But the bracket with 12 inch one would still protrude and probably scratch the glass.

Actually, I did replace my 11 inch with a Bosch 12 inch. But the design was different which resulted in not so right installation. Hence on one side it is not touching the glass, reducing the wiping performance. Now, I am thinking of cutting the rubber blade of new wiper and putting it in the old wiper bracket. Not sure if I'd be able to do it right. Let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks