Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2019, 12:08   #1351
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I have recently tried MyTVS Frame less wiper blades for my Creta.
Bought it off Amazon , they were about 2/3rd the cost of the Bosch Clear Advantage (incl. delivery charges)

Got them changed at a Hyundai ASC . Got to use them today - (just a single swipe!)
Looks like they will do the job fine.
How are these holding up? They're the only ones available on Amazon for Creta.
I used hella conventional ones from flybhp and they lasted only a year.
Old 11th May 2019, 14:01   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I have used the MyTVS frameless wipers for 2 vehicles - Santro & Aspire (recently changed). I am extremely satisfied with these, the sweep, noise (or rather not of it), looks & overall VFM. Would definitely recommend these to anyone.

I'm not sure why Hella ones (ordinary/ conventional) lasted only a year in your case. But can ignore that off as an exception or your driver's/ cleaner's stupid handling.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 11:45   #1353
BHPian

I got myTVS Frameless wipers from Amazon for my XUV and here is my review:

Product:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DLBJ2GM

Size:
I think the correct pair for the XUV should be 26"/19", instead of 26"/18" given by myTVS.
I did a measurement of both the blades:
OEM size: 650mm/480mm
TVS size: 650mm/450mm

I think they just need to give option to by the correct pair, since all the blades comes as separate packing of its own.

Installation:
I had to struggle a bit to install the new wipers. May be because the wiper arm of the XUV is a bit longer at the U-portion and the wiper won't go to the locked position easily. Need to fiddle a bit to get it in place.

Performance:
The wiping quality is excellent at the moment. No squeaks or vibration. The visibility also improved with the low profile blades. The OEM wiper had annoying sound while wiping. I don't see a problem with the shorter size for the passenger side blade.

Overall:
Satisfied with the blades, with less than 1/2 the price of the OEM wipers. Hope it holds well during the monsoon.

Will give a long term review later.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:12   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I have had to revert to the original OEM wiper on driver side due to some shuddering issue with the TVS. The other TVS on the Passenger side is doing awesome.. no shudders, absolute clear wipe.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 10:48   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest good replacement wiperblades for duster ?
Old 13th May 2019, 15:10   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just ordered a pair of myTVS aero wiper blades:

https://www.jazzmyride.com/spare-par...lades-set-of-2

They are pretty reasonable so thought might as well try them out.

The F8 autofurnish looks interesting.
@Vid6639, any feedback on the myTVS frameless wipers? Planning to put 22*16 for my Ford Ecosport.

Checked for Bosch Clear Advantage and Hella online, but seems to be unavailable at the moment. How would you compare TVS with these brands?

Last edited by joseph5600 : 13th May 2019 at 15:12. Reason: Missed out info
Old 13th May 2019, 15:43   #1357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
@Vid6639, any feedback on the myTVS frameless wipers? Planning to put 22*16 for my Ford Ecosport.

Checked for Bosch Clear Advantage and Hella online, but seems to be unavailable at the moment. How would you compare TVS with these brands?
Working fine with no issues. Am happy with them considering they are cheaper than the Clear Advantage Bosch. My car is parked outside in the sun so wipers don't last long. Hence cheaper wipers actually make more sense.

I realised that frameless wipers don't work as well on the Ecosport but there is a sort of jugaad way which you can try being careful to not break the wiper arm. Just bend the wiper arm to put little more pressure on the glass and it works fine.

Here's a few youtube videos:

Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 16:04   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Working fine with no issues. Am happy with them considering they are cheaper than the Clear Advantage Bosch. My car is parked outside in the sun so wipers don't last long. Hence cheaper wipers actually make more sense.

I realised that frameless wipers don't work as well on the Ecosport but there is a sort of jugaad way which you can try being careful to not break the wiper arm. Just bend the wiper arm to put little more pressure on the glass and it works fine.

Here's a few Youtube videos:
Thanks.
I've also tried this on our Figo. Works for a while but then it goes back to chattering.
I was wondering if its possible to change the spring of the wiper arm joint to a stronger spring? Say for e.g. the spring from a Endeavour which comes factory fitted with frameless wipers?

Last edited by SDP : 16th May 2019 at 19:38. Reason: Removed video links from the quote
Old 16th May 2019, 18:03   #1359
Distinguished - BHPian

Are german car wiper blades now available locally? I need wiper blades for my CLA, the only option I could find online is: https://www.amazon.in/POWER-WIPER-ME...ateway&sr=8-58
Not sure how good this brand is and if it will fit correctly as germans have a different locking system.
Old 16th May 2019, 19:08   #1360
BHPian

Hi,

I have to replace the wiper blades for my Jazz (2015). Found the attached image in this link
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-61mzccgxa1l.jpg

Is 24" for driver side and 14" for passenger side the correct size? Which brand is recommended?

TIA
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 14:12   #1361
Distinguished - BHPian

European clip system wipers now available on Amazon from Hella: https://www.shop4hella.com/product_l...NwYnFlQXd2Zz09
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 13:57   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I just ordered one on Amazon, and it's on its way.

Also, as you are aware, the front wipers of Ecosport block a lot of visibility. Did you see any significant improvement after this change?
Old 25th May 2019, 14:48   #1363
BHPian

Owning a Ford Freestyle, whenever I use the wipers along with washer kind of getting semi circular parallel lines in the windshield area getting wiped. I think it should be having low grade wiper quality. Would it be better to install new wipers? If so any suggestions?
Old 25th May 2019, 15:34   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Anyone changed rear wiper of Grand i10?

I think it is 12".

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MXF70DQ/

Will it be ok to buy this?
Old 25th May 2019, 16:43   #1365
BHPian

Cant we get just the wiper beading (separately) instead of having to replace the full wiper arms each time?

Was checking the Bosch Eco arms yesterday and the rubber beading seem to be just slid into the arm (i.e., can be easily replaced). I remember Hyundai service stations replacing just the rubber part during service long time ago for our Santro & charge some 10-15rs if I remember right. But Maruti never had such a practice.

Anyone explored this aspect in recent times?
null is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks