Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 17:14   #1216
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
I did buy in 3M showroom and costed 1.6K pair.
Thats quite expensive for an aftermarket wiper blade. No wonder I cant find them on Amazon.

BTW what wipers were you using previously ?
Old 4th July 2017, 18:05   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Got the wiper blades changed on my Hyundai Xcent. Since OEM wipers had served well for 2 years, stuck to OEM blades for now. They costed Rs 890 + taxes. Realised later that I could have avoided tax by buying from outside Authorised service center. They are cleaning the windscreen flawlessly. It is such a pleasure to see your windscreen cleaned perfectly by wipers without any streaks! The small things that bring a smile on your face

Last edited by AkMar : 4th July 2017 at 18:09.
Old 4th July 2017, 18:22   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Thats quite expensive for an aftermarket wiper blade. No wonder I cant find them on Amazon.

BTW what wipers were you using previously ?
Yes, they're on very higher side. However, it's a first time I'm using such frameless wipers and I really wanted one .

Earlier one was OEM but started screeching as soon as 6 months. But somehow managed so far. Fortunately no scratches in the windscreen due to that.. But wasn't really happy with wiping with OEM blades. Even I didn't get this kind of the clean sweep and silent operation when it was brand new.
Old 4th July 2017, 19:42   #1219
BANNED

Changed the wiper blades on my Swift yesterday

Bosch ECO

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20170703_1818531024x576_01.jpg

Drivers side: 21"
Passenger side: 19"
Price: ₹ 360
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:36   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Changed the wiper blades on my Swift yesterday
Bosch ECO
These are the frame one's i guess. At 360/- they seem to be a good deal. Is this a repeat of the same brand or first time using the Eco? Wanted to know if they do a better job than OEM wipers since both are with the frame.
Old 4th July 2017, 20:49   #1221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
These are the frame one's i guess.
Ya. Regular frame type.

Quote:
Is this a repeat of the same brand or first time using the Eco?
Repeat. Changed the first set from Hella Curvo to Bosch ECO in August, 2016. Fell in love, bought it again now.

Here's the old one. Bought for ₹320
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20160825_182733.jpg

Quote:
Wanted to know if they do a better job than OEM wipers since both are with the frame.
OE ones are also good enough. They are Syndicate brand but only detterent is the cost.

OEM (21" & 19") = ₹ 719
Bosch ECO (21" & 19") = ₹ 360

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2018 at 09:38. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:03   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of them would be knowing that 3M has introduced wiper blades and available in all the stores.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-fb_img_1500026181062.jpg

Performance Plus are framed wiper blades and costs upto 700 Rs.

Performance Pro are frameless wiper blades and costs upto 1600 Rs.

Stock wiper blade size for S-Cross is 26/14. 3M doesn't have that size and nearest one is 24/16. I got the same installed in my car (with frame) and the price is 700 Rs. The rubber is of good quality and there are no streaks / sound now

Few pics :
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img20170714wa0034.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20170714_174502_hht.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20170714_174836.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20170714_174805.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:22   #1223
BANNED

I have installed Autofurnish Frameless wipers on my Spark for 360 bucks from Amazon. Seem to be a little more flimsy than my older Hella regular wipers. The car doesn't get driven much so would be okay even if this lasts a year or so. Bosch frameless or even regular wipers weren't available on amazon, while these were available on Prime shipping, so tried these.
Work wonderfully for now and the looks are great, especially from the inside, no more eyesore wipers!!
Old 15th July 2017, 11:01   #1224
BHPian

Installed Bosch Eco Wipers for my Polo. 360 bucks. Look ugly. Work great. But the polo OE driver side Wiper has a lovely spoiler to prevent lift off at obscene speeds. Really miss seeing that. Dont have the time to though to visit the workshop for such a simple job.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 06:26   #1225
BHPian

My windscreen wiper rubber has come off the wiper blade for my A-Star. Can someone recommend a link for good replacement wiper blades? Also, is it possible for me to replace them myself? I have gone through the user manual and it seems doable. Or should I take the car to the service center for replacing the wiper blades (knowing them though, they might charge a packet for labour).
Old 16th July 2017, 10:55   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
My windscreen wiper rubber has come off the wiper blade for my A-Star. Can someone recommend a link for good replacement wiper blades? Also, is it possible for me to replace them myself? I have gone through the user manual and it seems doable. Or should I take the car to the service center for replacing the wiper blades (knowing them though, they might charge a packet for labour).
Replacement a wiper is really easy. You can go to any local accessories shop and they can get you up and running. Look for wipers from bosch / syndicate or hella for vfm options. I am personally using the bosch clear advantage ones.

If you want to replace it by yourself, then open the wiper to its cleaning/replacing position, then give it a got tug towards to the pivoting point and the wiper should be loose. For fixing it, do the same in the opposite direction. Look up a youtube video if in doubt.

Generally, the accessories shop do it for free after matching the correct wiper size. (Its length in inches)

Last edited by govigov : 16th July 2017 at 10:56.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 11:56   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
OEM (21" & 19") = ₹ 719
Bosch ECO (21" & 19") = ₹ 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Generally, the accessories shop do it for free after matching the correct wiper size. (Its length in inches)
This year required wiper blades of both, Wagon R and Swift to be changed. OEM blades are syndicate (mostly) and wont last long. Bosch are the one of the best, I did change mine too.
Standard size for Swift is 21" and 19". Earlier in my Swift, an accessories guy told me that Ertiga and Swift have same wiper blades. Was in a rush at that time, changed to 22" and 14". Now, yesterday, another local shop didn't have 21", so installed 20" and 19". Felt much better.

Wagon R 18" and 16" blades : Rs. 310
Swift 20" and 19" blades : Rs. 370.
Felt that for Swift I was charged more. As the shop didn't have 20/19" set, he gave me blades from two individual sets.

Had a bad experience when I ordered Hella blades online for Innova. Blade was bent. Looks like I will have to again explore online option.

Not all accessories shop have correct information on size of wiper blades, even if they have, they do try to sell what they have in stock.
Bosch wiper blades when new give a good clear swipe. However, during my last set, I observed that wiper speed has taken a hit. Already I felt they were slow, and further slowed down. After yesterday's install, for sometime the wipers weren't slow. Could be to factor of quality.
Has anybody tried frameless wipers for Swift ? We had an ordinary experience for Innova, hence didn't spend much on those frameless units which were available for Rs. 500/- for an unknown brand.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th July 2017 at 11:58.
Old 17th July 2017, 14:41   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Did not find a thread related to windshields, so decided that "wiper" thread may be the closest one. Came to know from a friend that there is some thing known as "windshield glass water repellant coating".

Saw an advertisement on the road side and called up the chap. As per him, before "windshield glass water repellant coating" gets done there has to be another process; "water mark removal". Together he quoted a price of around Rs.2000/-.

Has any one done this before? Is it effective? Also are the raw materials for these two steps available in automobile shops? Can this work done by one-self (i.e does not require much training or expertise)?
Old 17th July 2017, 16:52   #1229
BHPian

Go the stock wipers changed in my Jazz after 4 years & 9 months. Yes the stock wipers were of real good quality and served these many years since the vehicle was purchased. They are still good for another 6 months but decided to replace them as they have lived their life.

Got Bosch Clear Advantage as replacement for Rs.750/- and they are good. Thanks to fellow bhpian kpzen for getting these wipers for me.
Drivers side: 26"
Passenger side: 13"

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-jazz-wipers.jpg

On a side note, these can also fit Scross very well if one is looking to change as the stock size of Scross wiper is 26"/14 ".

Last edited by Keynote : 17th July 2017 at 16:54.
Keynote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:20   #1230
BHPian

Great timing of the thread!

I have Ford Figo Aspire TDCi, and the stock wipers need a change. Very difficult to drive in this monsoon, not clearing the wind screen & added to it that irritating squeaks on passenger side wiper blade

Looking for few options and find 24"/16 " as quoted in few websites. Not sure what is the size. Is there any way out to find exact wiper size of ASPIRE.

P.S. Have gone through the Manual but could not find the wiper blade size and make.

I am planning for BOSCH as I have good experience with it on FIAT PALIO Stile SDX.

TIA

enjoy TDCi-ing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks