Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 16:31   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Replaced Bosch wiper blades in my Spark (22"+14") with 3M framed one. At Rs.750 per pair it is costly comparing to others. Let me see how it performs. I used Bosch, Hella, and Syndicate ones in the past and and found most of them are equally bad (found OE Syndicate one marginally better comparing to others). Frame less design cost around Rs.1500. Picked it from 3M outlet in Electronic City.
Initial impression of 3M blades is good. Much better comparing to entry model wipers from Bosch and Hella. Paid almost double the price of Bosch Eco for 3M, but so far it is performing well.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:33   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I have used these before; they went bad in just after a month. They're only as good/bad as their cheap variants and not worth the premium at all.
Any information on what happened to them, how they went bad? Would be good to keep in mind now that I have got these.

These cost me about Rs 530 on ebay for the pair of 24" and 16" wipers for the front windshield only.

However, at first experience the quality does look good and the blade is of silicon, replaceable at Toyota dealership.

Innova Crysta and XUV500 comes with such wipers as standard.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:57   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Any information on what happened to them, how they went bad? Would be good to keep in mind now that I have got these.

These cost me about Rs 530 on ebay for the pair of 24" and 16" wipers for the front windshield only.
They go bad as in they start streaking.

Another big irritant with these wipers is they work fine for the first 7-10 minutes of continuous usage. Afterwards they judder very badly. The judder does not go away unless you give them ~ 1 hour of "rest time" as in not use wipers for an hour or so.

I paid around the same cost, I bought them direct on autofurnish's site.
Old 26th August 2017, 10:57   #1264
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Have any of you tried changing the wipers for the current Octavia?
I bought a set of 24",20" Hella Dynaedge blades to replace the oem blades, but none of the attachments in the box are fitting the wiper arm.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1503725204908.jpg  

Old 27th August 2017, 05:31   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Two cars, two sets of wipers and two different experiences:

My Estilo's wipers were replaced with the OEM Syndicate ones costing ₹450 for the pair at the local MGP store. While the driver side rubber works fine and sweeps effortlessly, the passenger side wiper still makes a racket (the reason i changed them in the first place) with each sweep and leaves half the glass translucent.

A friend's Wagon R got a new pair of Bosch Eco wipers for ₹360/pair. Very silent and effortless movements resulting in a spotless windscreen make it a pleasure to use them.
Old 19th September 2017, 18:08   #1266
BANNED

Using a new Bosch Eco for the last 3 months in heavy rains. Its making a heavy squeaking noise.

The product quality went for a downward spiral in the last 3-4 years.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 14:00   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Two cars, two sets of wipers and two different experiences:

My Estilo's wipers were replaced with the OEM Syndicate ones costing ₹450 for the pair at the local MGP store. While the driver side rubber works fine and sweeps effortlessly, the passenger side wiper still makes a racket (the reason i changed them in the first place) with each sweep and leaves half the glass translucent.

A friend's Wagon R got a new pair of Bosch Eco wipers for ₹360/pair. Very silent and effortless movements resulting in a spotless windscreen make it a pleasure to use them.
Your Estilo's wiper blades seem to be fine. It is the wiper arm mounting & its linkages, which would have rusted / had dust settling on them.

Simply go to a FNG and get the rust / dirt cleaned. This ought to solve your problem.

Saw this same solution by another BHP-ian in another thread (can't recollect the username / thread title, sorry).

Please try it out and do let us know, so that we may also keep another trouble shooting method in mind.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 17:18   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Here is a comprehensive list of Bosch wiper blades from their August 2016 catalogue. Please ignore the MRP printed as this has undergone change post GST implementation.

Wiper blades.pdf

Please mention the 13 digit part number to the stockist/ Dealer when you ask for as it is easy to retrieve from the system
Old 16th October 2017, 18:47   #1269
Senior - BHPian

replaced the crappy ebay frameless wipers with bosch eco and topped up the wiper tank with proklear WWC
The difference is significant - It's like driving in HD these days

Last edited by ajmat : 17th October 2017 at 09:03.
greenhorn is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 21:05   #1270
Senior - BHPian

I've been using Hella Curvo for the past 1.25 years in our Vento. Although they used to work well initially, they started streaking pretty soon! Now they make a racket!

One thing I've noticed is that the universal holder sucks and the wiper blade can come off easily if meddled with. I believe this is one of the reasons for early deterioration!

So the question is-
Should I stick with the Hella Curvo? Or should I try something else?
Is there any other option other than the universal holder? The OEM holder was pretty good!
How long should a wiper blade ideally last?
Old 2nd November 2017, 21:52   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Should I stick with the Hella Curvo? Or should I try something else?
Is there any other option other than the universal holder? The OEM holder was pretty good!
How long should a wiper blade ideally last?
Don't waste anymore money on the Hella Curvo ones. My experience, and also the experience of quite a lot of people seems to be on the same lines. They are totally not worth the money we pay, and additionally they seem to be adding load to the wiper motors. Though the Bosch Eco doesn't look as cool as the frame-less ones, the feedback seems to be generally positive.

Do check them out, else stick with the OEM blades. Hella is a no-go for me from now on.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 14:28   #1272
BHPian

I am trying to replace the OEM wiper in Vento , after browsing team bhp, i finalized at the below on Bosch Clear advantage wipers. Also i understand that there are 2 kinds of Bosch Clear advantage blades available in market.
1) costly Biosch Clear advantage blade (Rs.1399 per set of 24 and 16 inch) in e-bay which claims to be original imported ones and not indian
2) the ones available close to Rs700 approx per set in amazon and in all local automobile accessory shops in chennai - retailers claims them to be original one from Bosch but i am not sure. Are there any quality difference between both of the above or is the second option available cheap because it is made in india and hence by import duty thereby reducing cost. Not sure

If the second one is cheap because of zero import duty and no diference in quality/performance, i would go for indian ones.

If second ones(Indian made) are of inferior quality, i don't mind buying the imported ones as i don't want to end up making a compromise now and damage by wind shield, Please suggest.
Old 13th January 2018, 14:43   #1273
BHPian

Came across this new technology of windscreen wiping from Mercedes-Benz called as "Magic Vision Control". Looks like a thoughtful one! No/minimal distraction and more efficient cleaning as compared to regular splash-n-wipe technology.

Pferdestarke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 16:36   #1274
BHPian

After 1.5 years of good service the Bosch OEM wiper blades on my Innova started streaking badly. So after some research decided to try aftermarket wipers and ended up buying Hella conventional wiper blades from FlyBHP.com (Link).
Name:  IMG_20180208_162103.png
Views: 5326
Size:  103.5 KB

Toyota Innova wiper blade size is 24" for driver and 16" for passenger.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_154904.jpg
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_155044.jpg
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_155026.jpg

The Wiper blades came today. Have installed and tested them for 20 minutes by emptying my windshield washer fluid.

Old Vs New
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_150352.jpg

The protection for the blade
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_150044.jpg

Initial impression, I am quiet happy with them, clean sweeps without any noise. The wiper blades had a hard plastic slide-on cover protecting the rubber which is a nice touch. I paid the MRP printed on the product plus shipping which came to ₹507. The wipers also come with two different adapters to fit different wiper arms.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_155127.jpg

About FlyBHP: Had not even heard of this website until now. Was the only one selling Hella wiper blades at reasonable costs. After ordering on February 2nd got the mail confirmation, did not recieve any updates for the next two days. On February 5th got a call from them confirming the size of the wiper blades and I also asked them the date of manufacture of the blades, was assured it was new. Item was shipped next day by FedEx and reached me today. True to their word both the blades were just 4 months old, which is not bad considering they are made in China and imported into India. The packaging was solid with good amounts of foam and no damage whatsoever.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_154803.jpg
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180208_155242.jpg

No affiliation with anything or anyone mentioned in my post, just felt that going into detail would help other members.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th February 2018 at 16:41. Reason: Formatting
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 12:56   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Go the stock wipers changed in my Jazz after 4 years & 9 months. Yes the stock wipers were of real good quality and served these many years since the vehicle was purchased. They are still good for another 6 months but decided to replace them as they have lived their life.

Got Bosch Clear Advantage as replacement for Rs.750/- and they are good. Thanks to fellow bhpian kpzen for getting these wipers for me.
Drivers side: 26"
Passenger side: 13"

On a side note, these can also fit Scross very well if one is looking to change as the stock size of Scross wiper is 26"/14 ".
Since the OEM size of wipers for S-Cross is 26" / 14", Can some one please comment on wiper performance of 24" / 16" (Available in both 3M and Bosch) vs 26"/14" (Available in Hella Curvo / European) vs 26" / 13" (Available in Bosch).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks